ToFN DPS Leaderboard

I_Sithed_MyPants

Character Name <Guild Name>: Whattie - SpaceWolves

Character Class: Jedi Consular Sage

Character Spec: 0/12/28

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/106869/time/1358791507/1358791843/0/Overview

AMR Profile*: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0dbc5d98-194b-4fbf-af61-662cb509ad65

i am not going to check all the 30pages, are there any DPS Sages that go much above 1700 DPS? if so, how?

i am full 63 with 3 hazmat pieces and elite WH relics so i think impossible to have better equip than mine... and i only reach 1700...

http://www.twitch.tv/elidhu/b/359008995

Go to 2 hours on this stream. He is easily one of the best sages in the world and goes fully in depth into sage dps.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Tman <Outbreak> - Sentinel - Watchman 31 /3 /7: 2288

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/107667/time/1358784660/1358784990/0/Overview

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/23201aab-e746-4fd5-89a0-41965c6224e5

After now being BiS I made another like 50 dps tests. The range between the dps tests was always 2100 up to the 2288, which I never reached again. A normal value you should always reach as a watchman sentinel (BiS) is 2100-2150. However, this game is so random when it comes up to crits. In this test I had the most luck with critical hits ever. In addition I worked a little bit on my rotation to not waste any cd's. Guess if you even have more luck with crits you can break the 2.3k line. But for that I surely would need another 50 dps tests and tons of attack adrenals. :(

UPDATE

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/107667/time/1358784660/1358784990/0/Overview

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/23201aab-e746-4fd5-89a0-41965c6224e5

After now being BiS I made another like 50 dps tests. The range between the dps tests was always 2100 up to the 2288, which I never reached again. A normal value you should always reach as a watchman sentinel (BiS) is 2100-2150. However, this game is so random when it comes up to crits. In this test I had the most luck with critical hits ever. In addition I worked a little bit on my rotation to not waste any cd's. Guess if you even have more luck with crits you can break the 2.3k line. But for that I surely would need another 50 dps tests and tons of attack adrenals. :(

Well done. Thanks for putting this spec back on top as it should be. Regarding your statement, you are wholeheartedly right. I worked 1 week on the gav daragon hoping to find a day where there was no lag. I have tried attack adrenals, crit adrenals, 5 types of configs on my sentinel. It is such a lottery. If your cauterize does not refresh on your opener then you are **** out of luck cos your burst will be too low, etc, etc. Today i managed to get into an instance where there were 5 people. I have a 15 minute log above 2k damage which I will post here unless I don't do a better one in the near future. Excellent job T-Man and I think you can take a break. It will be a while until someone gets that close.

UPDATE

Too bad you cant nearly do the same DPS in raids..

Too bad you cant nearly do the same DPS in raids..

Well, ofc you can't do that in Raids. You never have a static target which never moves, never attacks etc. But on ec nim stormcaller&firebrand I do constant well above 2k, not wasting any CD's. In this fight you are constantly attacking without any break. :)

And as I said before, I did like 50 dps tests to reach this dps. If you **** up your rotation only one time in those 5 minutes the entire dps test is ****ed up. And you need as well LOADS of luck in crits, cd refresh on cauterize due to merciless slash etc.

Well, ofc you can't do that in Raids. You never have a static target which never moves, never attacks etc. But on ec nim stormcaller&firebrand I do constant well above 2k, not wasting any CD's. In this fight you are constantly attacking without any break. :)

And as I said before, I did like 50 dps tests to reach this dps. If you **** up your rotation only one time in those 5 minutes the entire dps test is ****ed up. And you need as well LOADS of luck in crits, cd refresh on cauterize due to merciless slash etc.

Oh, you do constant over 2k, you say? So where are you on this list? http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Explosive+Conflict/Firebrand+%26+Stormcaller (click in to 8man hm/nm) because im sure a parser like you would upload your best fights...

And yes, i have watched you dps stormcaller/firebrand in denova and i must say that you are doing it wrong. Let me give you a hint, its always wise to let the sentinel take the DD, i will leave you to figure the rest out hoping that you at least know something about your class..

Oh my good Sir, are you jealous in some way? Sad/Mad that I left FriendlyFire because it's a place where you have no fun? And you want to give me a hint for Stormcaller/Firebrand on ec nim?! Maybe you have seen my old video from months ago on HM where I was a noob. Yeh, have to admit it, SWTOR is my very first MMO i play.

And don't tell me what to do. I know exactly what and when to do on ec nim. Just ask my Raid Leader if he is satisfied with my performance/dps.

But how you are acting is exactly the image I have from most (gladly not all) of the guys in FF: We are the best, the rest is s.hit! :rolleyes:

So if you do not want to add anything constructive to this topic just mail me and we can discuss whatever you want.

Cheers

Edit: Nearly forgot, did I miss that I have to upload all my combat logs? But will do you the favor and upload my next combat log from Stormcaller&Firebrand. :)

Edited by tman_ac

This leader board is totally ****ed up. for example top dps for ec nim kephess is mercenary with 2314 dps! and his fight was only 35 seconds!!!! how can u rely on such a ****** statistics and make comparisons to others.

Anyone with common sense about raids will know what to look for, of course people wont give credit to that guy..

Its quite cute to see you write about how good you think you are... You may do good dummy parsers but when you get into a raid.. oh god.

Edit: was a reply to tman

Did I ever say somewhere here "Tman is the best of the best"? No! I only posted a dps test from a trainings dummy. And I thought that's what this thread is about, isn't it?

You are acting like you are the godfather of sentinels, as everyone can read between the lines of your previous post. I do not tell you guys how to raid and if you think I am bulls.hit in raids, well, then I have to live with it. But in the end it doesn't harm me because in my raid team everyone's satisfied with my performance. I am not playing for u or any other stranger on this forum, I do it for the fun and my raid team. :)

So in the end I really don't get what you are jelling about. Get over it - whatever it may be. :p

Edited by tman_ac

I'd llike if you answere4d my question, just on previous page

On side, when i was doing mine 2258, I bought plenty of adrenals, went on dummy, then scored this on first try :D gues with those 50 attempts you meantion I could go over 2300, as as I said, I was not that much lucky on crits in this run. But I just dont feel like it, untill there is any new gear

Sorry, haven't seen that post cause I was already one page further.

What do you mean with "Merciless Slash minimum hits does not include secondary weapon hits"? Edit: Just tested it, the dmg from off-hand comes always like 2 seconds later.

But yeh, it all depends on crits. Good luck with crits = your dps raises a lot. I was so obsessed to do more dps that I made that many tests. But as I said before, never reached that number again. 2150-2200 is already a good value for a sentinel in watchman.

Edited by tman_ac

Did I ever say somewhere here "Tman is the best of the best"? No! I only posted a dps test from a trainings dummy. And I thought that's what this thread is about, isn't it?

Thats kinda where im getting at, all this thread gives is a false judgement most of the times...

Sorry, haven't seen that post cause I was already one page further.

What do you mean with "Merciless Slash minimum hits does not include secondary weapon hits"? Edit: Just tested it, the dmg from off-hand comes always like 2 seconds later.

I mean, in "Damage Dealt" tab, there is table saying average, min and max hits of all abilities. Your Merciless Slash max is over 5k, while min is over 4k, while it should be like 300 caused by secondary weapon. Thats how it works for my SpeedShot for example

I'm just saying probably something bugged in a parser, cause i can see those low hits from offhand is log

Xelereth, you cant expect people to be hitting same numbers in raids. Simple reason - if I ever try to do this, I will always pull agro of tanks.

If I pull agro of T&Z, he will run to me, other one will jump, we get Fearfull = wipe

If I pull agro of F&S, he will turn on me, shot 3 ppl for 70% hp

If I pull agro of Writhing Horror, adds will spawn in wrong time

etc etc

So in actuall raids, top dpses have to hold damage. Thats what important to whole raid - kill comes first, and making fight easy for other raid members comes before personal stats

I mean, in "Damage Dealt" tab, there is table saying average, min and max hits of all abilities. Your Merciless Slash max is over 5k, while min is over 4k, while it should be like 300 caused by secondary weapon. Thats how it works for my SpeedShot for example

I'm just saying probably something bugged in a parser, cause i can see those low hits from offhand is log

Yeh, that's actually bugged or idk where it gets the number. Cause my Merciless slash minimum should be somewhere at around 2.4-2.8k or if you take Off-hand strikes as well even lower.

If all my merciless slashs would have hitted for minimum 4861 as mentioned there my dps would have been 3k or more. :D

Edited by tman_ac

Hey Tman, as impressive as always and I am trying to copy your every move, or well at least I am trying to learn from you regarding gear, rotations and stuff, I love the watchman specc and since you are the best, I try to learn as much as possible. Anyway, I was wondering if you had time for a few questions regarding rotations and gear setups, I would also like to note that I am not spending much time at the dummy, I only PvE.

1. I noticed that your relics are the Elite War Hero ones, why not the Dread Guard that are "supposed" to be best in slot for sentinels, are the Elite War Hero that much better?

2. Should I "Save" Zen for Overload Saber or/and should I save Overload Saber for Zen, I mean if I have 24-26 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown, should I use it or save for zen? Same with Zen, lets say I have 30 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown in 2-3s, should I save my stacks for it?

3. How much should I use force charge, every time it comes off cooldown as an focus builder or should I rather use strike?

4. Why is your parser site always in German, I cry for myself when trying to see your rotation, I studied English, Spanish and Italian, never German :(

Yeh, that's actually bugged or idk where it gets the number. Cause my Merciless slash minimum should be somewhere at around 2.4-2.8k or if you take Off-hand strikes as well even lower.

If all my merciless slashs would have hitted for minimum 4861 as mentioned there my dps would have been 3k or more. :D

This appears to be an error on torparses part, the actual log shows plenty of normative values for MS both MH and OH. Torparses stability has been abit strange these last 2 weeks.

Hey Tman, as impressive as always and I am trying to copy your every move, or well at least I am trying to learn from you regarding gear, rotations and stuff, I love the watchman specc and since you are the best, I try to learn as much as possible. Anyway, I was wondering if you had time for a few questions regarding rotations and gear setups, I would also like to note that I am not spending much time at the dummy, I only PvE.

1. I noticed that your relics are the Elite War Hero ones, why not the Dread Guard that are "supposed" to be best in slot for sentinels, are the Elite War Hero that much better?

I tried both. In the end 2 EWH relics worked best for a 5 minutes fight. (at least I always did more dps with 2 ewh; can be as well that I was totally unlucky with crits in those runs with the activation relic) However, in PvE I am sometimes using 2 EWH relics and sometimes 1 EWH relic and the +350 power relic. It depends on the boss we have to face. If I am able to constant dps I use 2 EWH relics, for example on Kephess in TFB. At Bosses where I need higher dps at special phases I use one activation relic instead, like on Kephess in EC.

2. Should I "Save" Zen for Overload Saber or/and should I save Overload Saber for Zen, I mean if I have 24-26 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown, should I use it or save for zen? Same with Zen, lets say I have 30 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown in 2-3s, should I save my stacks for it?

I am always doing it as you say the 2nd: If I see my overload saber's cd is soon done I wait these 1-2s before I activate Zen. Other way around, I never wait to use cauterize or overload saber cause it's your main dps abilities.

3. How much should I use force charge, every time it comes off cooldown as an focus builder or should I rather use strike?

Dunno what's force charge. You mean that single target attack with force?

4. Why is your parser site always in German, I cry for myself when trying to see your rotation, I studied English, Spanish and Italian, never German :(

My parses are in German cause I am German and my game runs in German language. :)

Above the answers. As I said before, I do not see myself as the godfather of sentinels. That's just how I play mines. :)

Edited by tman_ac