Toggle hoods confirmed 2012

Aehwe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot has changed since Feb 2012 in case you haven't noticed.

I know, so much has changed

New flashpoints

New operations

Hundreds of cartel market items

New level cap

New planet

New daily areas

They obviously didn't have enough time to make a toggle hood option.

Alot has changed since Feb 2012 in case you haven't noticed.

In case you missed it, it was supposed to be done i. The next major update after 1.2 and I'm pretty sure you caught that 2.6 was released today. All I am asking is for an update on something that was promised to us long ago.

In case you missed it, it was supposed to be done i. The next major update after 1.2 and I'm pretty sure you caught that 2.6 was released today. All I am asking is for an update on something that was promised to us long ago.

Priorities and promises flew out the window when this game had to be reorganized to F2P and the SWTOR team had to be downsized.

No harm in asking I guess tho.

Edited by Nickious

This was loooong before F2P. And I will keep asking untill we get an answer. This has been hushed and buried deep inside a drawer long enough.

Yeah I'm aware of the date of the article and when the transition to F2P. It probably was planned to be added as a feature somewhere mid year before they realized that SWTOR was having problems and they had to prioritize was important and what wasn't.

Not saying I don't want the feature or you shouldn't ask. I'm just saying a promise that old from a completely different period of time doesn't hold much weight anymore. Alot of things were promised that weren't able to be delivered.

Edited by Nickious

They've given the answer to this before. This turned out to be a much bigger hurdle than they initially anticipated (requiring them to go back over every single item with a hood), which would demand a lot of art resources to do. They regret ever promising it. However they still want to do it, no ETA.

They've given the answer to this before. This turned out to be a much bigger hurdle than they initially anticipated (requiring them to go back over every single item with a hood), which would demand a lot of art resources to do. They regret ever promising it. However they still want to do it, no ETA.

I imagine it would be difficult if they wanted to reinvent the wheel. The mechanic already exists (see twi'leks). It wouldn't be too hard to enable that behavior on a switch for other races (since everyone has the same body type models). I'm guessing they either just don't want to do this at all (and are using the typical 'too difficult' excuse) or would prefer people stuck with nothing for years while they try to slowly cobble something superior (in their minds) together.

But see, people don't want a "hood vanish" option like it is used for Twi'leks (as you propose) and other species like Trandoshans; people want an actual hood toggle where the hood is either up or folded down at the back but still there! Personally, I can understand how that can get tedious for Bioware to implement if they have to actually create "hood folded down" versions of each and every hooded item they have...

But see, people don't want a "hood vanish" option like it is used for Twi'leks (as you propose) and other species like Trandoshans; people want an actual hood toggle where the hood is either up or folded down at the back but still there! Personally, I can understand how that can get tedious for Bioware to implement if they have to actually create "hood folded down" versions of each and every hooded item they have...

Depends on the person you talk to. You can only really speak for yourself.

Depends on the person you talk to. You can only really speak for yourself.

Maybe. But last I heard about this issue, this was the reason why Bioware found it so tedious to implement it. Apparently they want a real toggle instead of a simple removal as well. :)

Maybe. But last I heard about this issue, this was the reason why Bioware found it so tedious to implement it. Apparently they want a real toggle instead of a simple removal as well. :)

Yes, but in theory, what is stopping them to allow manual triggering of the "Twi'lek hack" while they are working on some animated sequence? Temporary (or semi-permanent) measure, several people would be happy, if you dislike it, do not use it and keep your hood up

New flashpoints

New operations

New level cap

New planet

New daily areas

Toggle hood would be more important than those things.

Yes, but in theory, what is stopping them to allow manual triggering of the "Twi'lek hack" while they are working on some animated sequence? Temporary (or semi-permanent) measure, several people would be happy, if you dislike it, do not use it and keep your hood up

I'm fairly certain they're not withholding this feature just for an animation.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 Are you forgetting something? Where are toggle hoods? We've been waiting for 2 years now. At least update!!

They actually commented subsequent to this..... it turned out to be a lot more problematic then they thought it would be. Since then.... they took it off the table as any sort of commit date.

New flashpoints

New operations

New level cap

New planet

New daily areas

Personally I would rather have new FPs, new OPs, new planets and new daily areas than a toggle hood option...

In case you missed it, it was supposed to be done

It's still not done. So?

The next major update after 1.2 and I'm pretty sure you caught that 2.6 was released today. All I am asking is for an update on something that was promised to us long ago.

Or what will you do if they don't give an update?