*PLEASE* allow us to Customize Characters after creation!!!

Terin

As someone who suffers from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, I simply can't continue playing this game. I enjoy it well enough, and the level of detail your can put into your Character's face is just astounding.

However, because there are *so* many options, it's nearly impossible to get one that feels "just right". Particularly with the many Complexions and Eyebrows associated with them, there's just too much room for error. While it may affect me more than most, I can promise you that everyone would enjoy customizing their Character, not just me.

*PLEASE*, BioWare, implement this ASAP!!!

Surely some of you also would like to be able to customize your characters?

It's not like it's going to upset the balance of the game or anything. Instead, it just ensured Players are *happy* with their Character's appearance.

A "barber shop" of some kind would be nice. The ability to change your hair style or color would be a nice addition.

Exactly, although I might even extend its use to Body and Face types -- although make it dramatically more expensive for those particular services.

My thinking is, TOR is a lot longer than most MMO's to attain max-level, which is great when you're experiencing the Story. But it's not something you'd ever want to repeat a second time of the same Class, and when coupled with the slow leveling pace, at least speaking for myself, makes me more likely to just quit playing a character entirely.

Like a million others have pointed out, it's not difficult to make a character that you like. The problem is, it's kind of hard to tell whether you'll still like a character after hours upon hours of staring at them. Even worse, some Body-types just don't as good as you think with certain kinds of armor.

*PLEASE*, BioWare, implement this ASAP!!!

Heh, I dunno about "ASAP"...I think they have their hands full frying some bigger fish than this at the moment.

That said, I support this really really hard. I'm always getting tired of the way my character looks and wanting to change things. Those who don't care about character customization will probably never understand the desire for this feature, but that's okay. Its harmless.

I would like to see this, too, but it can wait. For one thing, it's not that easy to tell at the time of character creation how your toon will look in different lighting situations in the game.

Also, I made two toons that look almost alike. :p

No hurry, but this would be a welcome addition down the line.

I am signing to this. In a similar spot as OP. It doesn't have to be STO or Champions Online caliber of customization.

Just being able to interact with an NPC which would bring you back to the last window of character creation (complexion, skin tone, scars, jewelry, etc) would suffice for now.

Seems very easy and straightforward to implement without taking time from other priorities. Let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

O yes, allow the same for Humanoid companions!

I'm with you Terin! I made a sorcerer to level with a friend, by level 20 I was thinking I'd reroll, because her appearance began to bother me. Now I have a level 50 that I think looks mangy, and it bother me. I can't tell you how many times I've changed my character's appearances in WoW.

I'm also rather disappointed the eyebrows in the character screen are all dark brown. This does not compliment platinum blonde, guys. You need a female on your design team!

Sorry, this sounds so tragically vapid, but having been a game producer for several years, these things out to be thought of. Especially with all of the customization options players were given with SWG.

Let us have some sort of character customization vendor, in addition to (maybe? hopefully? Someday?) giving us more options with said vendors.

Also, Legacy system tooltip mentions potential bonuses including additional customization features?

I know there are other important things to be added and fixed (Character server transfer, advanced class respec, general bugs/brokenness) but I hope this is also being considered.

Edited by Nicolettexiv

I posted my view supporting a post!generation cosmeticist being added to ToR. Then after logging in and seeing my perma-hooded Knight.. I wondered what the point would be.

:\

You COULD always get a different chest piece. Or equip a head piece of sorts that hides the hood.

I am a little bummed that the entire jedi color palette seems to be shades of brown and taupe, while the empire gets bright colors, glowing lights, etc.

/signed

We should absolutely have the ability to customize some aspects of our character's appearance after creation. At the very least we should be able to change hair/beard styles. Additionally, I think anything short of changing one's race and gender should be made possible, though for a price.

Posted this is the main suggestion thread as well...

Customization, Customization, Customization!

Apperance Tab. I am so sick of not only looking like every other PvP Shadow in our gear but it's terrible looking and that's putting it nice. Who would want to wear anything brown and yellow and look like a bird... It was nice pre-50 when you could just add the mods to whatev you wanted and I guess this is how they wanted to work out their A-tab but it's a terrible idea that in turn costs a ton of creds. I don't see the harm in just giving us an A-tab, not only would it be better in terms of us not all looking the same but it would also give Armormech/Synthweaving a place in the already dead in the water crafting system.

Also, they should make the color crystals just be power crystals and have the color crystals put in as an A-tab as well. Again, would solve the customization people want AND again give Artifice another step into the economy.

Why not add in a way to let people re-design their toons after they've been made? I'm sure a ton of people would utilize this as they either end up not liking something they picked, or simply just want a new look or a change. With this being said, more player customizations would be nice.. especially more hair options. Maybe some long hair? God forbid there NOT be any long hair in this game.

There's plenty of other things I'd love to see and most of them have been stated in this thread. Here's to hoping that we get some of the things we'd love to see in this game since they claim to listen to the community and they want to give us what we want but I'm not holding my breath tbh.

/Signed /signed, and /signed.

... what? I'm ambidextrous and can hold a pen decently well with my left foot :p

People... change their hairstyles. 'Dramatic change of appearance' is a significant visual tool in film and television drama.

Jedi certainly need this- padawan have that 'buzz cut and braid' look, while knights and masters tend to be more hirsuite.

In general, male characters grow beards to express increased gravitas, female characters adopt more outgoing make-up choices to reflect increased confidence, and both genders move to more 'mature and sober' hairstyles.

Fighters acquire additional scars over time. It would be marvellous to be able to pick up a fresh battle scar as a reminder of one's duel with the act one boss, for instance.

Cyborgs- although frankly, I think having cyborg as a separate *race* is ludicrous, and the range of cybernetics should be available as an extra and equally-re-customisable tab on the appearance sliders of all races- certainly might acquire additional/replacement enhancements, or even, at the reverse end of the spectrum, have their more ostentatious and disfiguring metal bits replaced with more expensive 'indistinguishable from the original' bits and pieces over time.

I don't understand the 'more suitable for a more mature MMO' feedback we've had from Bioware... because I can't see what *negative* connotation there is to allowing this option. How does it adversely affect either Bioware's server performance, or other players' game play, if I decide my Smu... Free Trader is going to a ball at the Coruscant Senate, and gets her hair done with Leia buns for the evening, before going back to her normal ponytail for the next day's brawlin' and thievin'?

I can't see a downside. If anyone *can*, please enlighten me... and not "The devs need to be concentrating on fixing PVP stuff"... because devs can do several things at once, and PVP isn't the be-all-and-end-all of the entire galaxy :rolleyes:

I am no longer a padawan, I want to grow out a beard and get some new scars.

This would be extremely awesome. It is funny to see guys with grey hair and beards running around as Padawans on Tython.

I would very much appreciate a "plastic surgery" droid or some such. I've never heard a compelling reason why more MMOs and video games in general lack this option... other then they know they can charge you for it later I guess.

I'm with you Terin! I made a sorcerer to level with a friend, by level 20 I was thinking I'd reroll, because her appearance began to bother me. Now I have a level 50 that I think looks mangy, and it bother me. I can't tell you how many times I've changed my character's appearances in WoW.

I'm also rather disappointed the eyebrows in the character screen are all dark brown. This does not compliment platinum blonde, guys. You need a female on your design team!

Sorry, this sounds so tragically vapid, but having been a game producer for several years, these things out to be thought of. Especially with all of the customization options players were given with SWG.

Let us have some sort of character customization vendor, in addition to (maybe? hopefully? Someday?) giving us more options with said vendors.

Also, Legacy system tooltip mentions potential bonuses including additional customization features?

I know there are other important things to be added and fixed (Character server transfer, advanced class respec, general bugs/brokenness) but I hope this is also being considered.

I'm glad *SOMEBODY* else is aggravated by the dark-brown Eyebrows! I wanted my Bounty Hunter to be a redhead, but the eyebrows just make it look really goofy. Even if they can't change the eyebrows to match your hair-color, at least add some new Complexions that *do* have Eyebrows to match each Hair-color!

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be that hard to change the character appearance after each chapter is done as you progess. Maybe like an annoucement giving you the option. A padawan hairstyle seems like a good idea but adter level 40 you may wanna adjust it. Makes it cost credits to adjust it after level 50 each time goes up signifcantly. I was just thinking that.

Well thats my 2 cents...