Zero reason for GSF to be connected to conquest

Damidez

The only real result of attaching GSF to conquest is to bring afkers into our matches. Thanks for nothing, literally. Pretty much no point in queueing anymore; the contest is between which team gets the least amount of players afk, not which team gets the most players showing real skill. I took a month off. Pretty sure I'm not going to come back after checking the absolutely disgusting state of affairs. Good job making an actually innovative form of play absolutely worthless. I know Bioware doesn't care about my sub. So why should I, when it gives me no opportunities to improve at least some kind of ephemeral skill? Maybe you could offer some classes in how to murder a game.

The only real result of attaching GSF to conquest is to bring afkers into our matches. Thanks for nothing, literally. Pretty much no point in queueing anymore; the contest is between which team gets the least amount of players afk, not which team gets the most players showing real skill. I took a month off. Pretty sure I'm not going to come back after checking the absolutely disgusting state of affairs. Good job making an actually innovative form of play absolutely worthless. I know Bioware doesn't care about my sub. So why should I, when it gives me no opportunities to improve at least some kind of ephemeral skill? Maybe you could offer some classes in how to murder a game.

Hate to bring you bad news, but the days conquest isn't active (Mondays) GSF has a lot less pops during the off hours, and even the prime time pops are a lot slower. GSF very much needs to be in conquest.

Edited by Toraak

Actually compared to the previous Conquest system the points for GSF where downgraded. So if someone is afk GSFing for 85 Conquest points + stronghold bonus (max 150%), the person didn't realised what really gives conquest points. And Bioware already announced that GSF conquest points is one of the categories that will be increased with patch 5.9.

On the other hand the CXP and unassembled component rewards definetly brought an increase of afk players with them. This is what you really want to blame.

Even with the 5.9 changes, they have a long ways to go before the conquest incentive is enough to give back the frequent queue pops, they need to make the incentive as it was before about 14 matches for full bonus with weekly to get to PC.

Well with a 150% bonus, we used to get 1250 for participating in any GSF match. We should get at least 1,000-1,250 now with the 150% bonus. In another post I had said a minimum of 500, but I wasn't clear enough in my wording to clearly inform them 500 without the 150% bonus.

if I've done the math correctly after 5.9 we'll get 470 points for participating in a GSF match. This is almost 1/3 of what we used to get. This is still very disappointing, I still have yet to make up my mind if I'm going to resubscribe if they don't get the changes right (and not take 6-10 months to do it).

Edited by Toraak

• 2 weeks later...

the current conquest rewards for GSF are so bad and GSF queues are suffering now lol pops are so rare now thanks to this typical bioware quick fix ********.. instead of implementing changes to get rid of AFKers they just removed their incentive to play at all... along with a fairly large portion of their player base lol...

I'm finally canceling my sub until they fix gsf pops :(

Note: Conquest Point values throughout this post are represented as Base (150% SH).

GSF rewards will be vastly increased in 5.9, scheduled to drop on 1 May. To wit:

• A new Daily Conquest Objective for completing 3 Activity Finder activities (including GSF), worth 400 (1,000) Conquest Points
  • A new Daily Conquest Objective for completing 5 Activity Finder activities, worth 825 (2,063)
  • Completing a GSF match will be worth 180 (450) Conquest Points, up from 85 (213)
  • When winning a match is a separate objective, it'll be worth at least 400 (1,000) Conquest Points, up from 330 (825) - could actually go up to 600 (1,500) CP if it scales with the 'participation' objective (from Small to Medium)

Source.

Right now, doing five GSF matches per day for six days would get you 30 * 85 = 2,550 (6,375) Conquest Points. Starting with 5.9, it can get you:

1. Match Completion: 30 * 180 = 5,400 (13,500)
  2. 3x Activity Finder: 6 * 400 = 2,400 (6,000)
  3. 5x Activity Finder: 6 * 825 = 4,950 (12,375)
  4. Match Wins: 6 * 400 = 2,400 (6,000) (but could be 6 * 600 = 3,600 (9,000))
  5. GSF Weekly: 1 * 3,000 = 3,000 (7,500)

Total of 12,750 (31,875) when the Wins and Weekly are not objectives for the week, at least 18,150 (45,375) when they are, and up to 19,350 (48,375) if they scale the Wins point value with the Participation value. That's a 400% increase just with Participation + 3/5x Activity Finder objectives.

the current conquest rewards for GSF are so bad and GSF queues are suffering now lol pops are so rare now thanks to this typical bioware quick fix ********.. instead of implementing changes to get rid of AFKers they just removed their incentive to play at all... along with a fairly large portion of their player base lol...

I'm finally canceling my sub until they fix gsf pops :(

I still do believe that the reason for this lies with Bioware making it too hard for Newbies, putting them against top players, who even believe it to be a valid tactic to farm them.

I still do believe that the reason for this lies with Bioware making it too hard for Newbies, putting them against top players, who even believe it to be a valid tactic to farm them.

I feel this is entirely too much typing on the forums, when you could be providing us with dopamine brain juices and CXP by queuing against us.