14/27 Spec Pre-50

DarthBama

Pure infiltration is really good for lvling pre 50 however if you want to try the 14/27 spec just go for it! (is it infil balance hybrid or...?) if it is finish infiltrator part then work up balance. It ought to work out pretty well .

Just read up on

Sticky: Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [shadow / Assassin Training].

Hope these help! I found them really useful. Rotations with builds. And there is some info on your build and how rotations go just to help along. Enjoy those levels, some of the most fun as a shadow.

Oh my goodness, ran a "14/27" a few minutes ago on my level 42. Holy melt face! The burst was unreal, I felt like it was better than my power tech. Scary thing is I consider my Shadow a tad under geared. I have a ton of purple mods waiting for me at 43. I'm licking my chops.

I am doing a lot of pre 50 (since lvl 10) and a balance/infi hybrid is quite nice.

The main question is whether to focus on dots or pure in -ya- face damage. If you like the latter, I am not convinced of spending points just to go deep down the balance tree - mainly for Force Suppression, Sharpened Mind and Mental Scarring.

Since you'd activate Shadow Technique those hight-end balance talents make no sense at all, because you'll have NO dots. I would rather go down Infiltration tree further more (Fade etc). I am currently running a build with Two Disciplines and rest Infiltration (2/rest/22).

I think Mental Scarring does only make sense if you are indeed running Force Technique and using DoTs. If so, Force Strike is a good choice and Twin Disciplines / Upheaval is not necessary anymore, cause Project costs too much (39) for my liking.

Project somewhat makes sense if you want a smash ability in the back of your hand, but considering Two Discipline's 10% buff, you'll need to do enough melee damage to make it worth it, which is not so easy all the time.

People seem to promote this spec, I haven't figured out yet what the benefit is of having the high level balance skills. Is it possible the force breach even in shadow technique gets boosted by the FiB boost talent (forget the name). I'm kind of hoping Shin can help me out here.

People seem to promote this spec, I haven't figured out yet what the benefit is of having the high level balance skills. Is it possible the force breach even in shadow technique gets boosted by the FiB boost talent (forget the name). I'm kind of hoping Shin can help me out here.

Well, I'm not Shin, but I can definetely shed some light on 0/14/27.

The big thing, is that 0/14/27 can actually refer to 2 different specs, with different playstyles, they just happen to have the same number of points put into the same trees.

The first version of 0/14/27 runs in Shadow Technique, and is pretty much the old 0/13/28 "Arika" build that Shin made known pre 1.4. The only change is picking up Masked Assault to take advantage of the changes to Shadow's Respite made in 1.4. The build has to waste a LOT of talent points in Balance to get up to Mental Scarring, and atleast IMO, is not a viable build anymore. Waka's 0/27/14 outperforms it in basically all aspects.

The second version of 0/14/27 runs in Force Technique. It essentially is Balance, but drops Sever Force in order to pick up Masked Assault and Circling Shadows. It offers far more burst than traditional Balance, and more survivability as well. A far superior pvp spec than full Balance. I consider it to be a very viable spec, it is our best pvp dps spec other than 0/27/14. It does however require a lot of awareness and skill to play, but those coming from full Balance will be used to watching all the procs and stuff, and should have no issue with it.

Hope this clears things up.

Edited by RankorSSGS

No, you need to be in Force technique to get the benefit. You also need to be in Force Technique to get the MC proc.

Top level Balance skills boost your dot damage substantially. However, going up that dot damage for more survivability and utility from the infiltration tree is a viable alternative in a PVP setting.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Well, I'm not Shin, but I can definetely shed some light on 0/14/27.

The big thing, is that 0/14/27 can actually refer to 2 different specs, with different playstyles, they just happen to have the same number of points put into the same trees.

The first version of 0/14/27 runs in Shadow Technique, and is pretty much the old 0/13/28 "Arika" build that Shin made known pre 1.4. The only change is picking up Masked Assault to take advantage of the changes to Shadow's Respite made in 1.4. The build has to waste a LOT of talent points in Balance to get up to Mental Scarring, and atleast IMO, is not a viable build anymore. Waka's 0/27/14 outperforms it in basically all aspects.

The second version of 0/14/27 runs in Force Technique. It essentially is Balance, but drops Sever Force in order to pick up Masked Assault and Circling Shadows. It offers far more burst than traditional Balance, and more survivability as well. A far superior pvp spec than full Balance. I consider it to be a very viable spec, it is our best pvp dps spec other than 0/27/14. It does however require a lot of awareness and skill to play, but those coming from full Balance will be used to watching all the procs and stuff, and should have no issue with it.

Hope this clears things up.