HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

So why force people who dont want to pvp to pvp.

Again, much like they force people who do not want to pve to pve? or how they force someone who is strictly republic to roll an imperial and visa versa? I really can't wrap my head around what is so gamebreaking about having to spend 5 minutes in a pvp zone... If you want the HK unit just do it and be done with it, if not then do whatever you were doing before yesterday. With so much in the game this is what you choose to complain about? BTW the amount of time it took some of you to type out your complaints or read others. you could have had the hk-transistor by now and been done with it.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, much like they force people who do not want to pve to pve? or how they force someone who is strictly republic to roll an imperial and visa versa? I really can't wrap my head around what is so gamebreaking about having to spend 5 minutes in a pvp zone... If you want the HK unit just do it and be done with it, if not then do whatever you were doing before yesterday. With so much in the game this is what you choose to complain about? BTW the amount of time it took some of you to type out your complaints or read others. you could have had the hk-transistor by now and been done with it.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it false. The truth is that people hate PvP enough that it IS an issue. Actually, they don't really hate PvP. They hate the people who partake in it because they make it a miserable experience.

Ik, but the whole point is you get flaged and I have seen people group up to 20 people waiting for any one to come in and try to get the item and just kill them over and over. So yea I get the whole point of this

People feel strongly enough about this to actually quit the game, even for something this small. Part of it is the utter lack of respect on the part of EA for people's chosen style of gameplay (PvE, not PvP), but also because this game has such a dearth of new content that something like this is actually pretty huge in relative terms.

I've already canceled and shifted my sub to a different game. Yes, I will avoid getting hit by the door on the way out.

I agree with this and Bioware can put another subscription on the cancellation list….

My post wasn't for myself but for PvE players who dislike being forced into PvP in general. I rolled on a PvP server because it doesn't phase me. On a PvP server, you'll have PvP no matter where the NPC stands, but on a PvE server, you're still being forced into world PvP that you opted out of by rolling on said server.

That makes no sense. You're not forced into PvP. It's a choice. You want HK-51, then you need to go to a PvP area.

That's like complaining that you want to gain Valor, but you don't want to be flagged for PvP since you didn't roll on a PvP server (or you want the WH relics which were the BiS for PvE content). Guess what? You have a choice. To get HK-51 you'll need to enter a pvp zone for < 30 minutes. For WH Relics, you'll need to pvp for much longer. The choice is still yours. No one is forcing you to PvP.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it false. The truth is that people hate PvP enough that it IS an issue. Actually, they don't really hate PvP. They hate the people who partake in it because they make it a miserable experience.

They hate PvP enough that an optional companion requiring some PvP for a few minutes is worth quitting the game over? If they hate PvP more than they love HK-51, why are they complaining enough to quit the game? Either way, quitting or not pvp'ing, you're not getting HK-51... which means you're entitlement that you want what you want your way is the real reason you're quitting.

Edited by Lostpenguins

The fact people will quit over something so trivial is more of a personal character flaw then anything else.

I'm not quitting over this (I mean, it's a companion quest requirement, not a class quest requirement--and easily skippable for those who don't want to do it). However, personally speaking, I wouldn't miss it if PvP was removed from the game entirely. There are plenty of PvPers that don't touch the PvE quests after they leave their starter planet. Some RPers spend lots of time creating their own meta-game without a lot of questing or PvPing any given day. Different people like to do different things. Accept it. It's better for your blood pressure.

... which means you're entitlement that you want what you want your way is the real reason you're quitting.

Indeed. This is the prevailing problem of the day and describes many of the QQ threads (like this one) on these forums. :cool:

The thing of this is, it's just not good game design.

Yes, HK is an optional companion, We don't have to have him. But we may want him.

But if a lot of players who really dislike PvP play want him, now they have to make an uncomfortable decision. Do I want him bad enough to allow the game to force me into an activity I hate? That's not very game-like, is it? Forcing decisions like that onto people lessens their desire to play the game.

Now the "hardcore" PvP players on PvP servers may not care how much PvE players like the game. And the griefers who camp this spawn on the PvE servers (which they are on because they're too weak to survive on PvP servers) may not care, either. But ultimately if you whittle away at a player's desire to play enough, they stop playing.

In general, the more players an MMO has, the better it is for all players. So ultimately this very poor quest design is bad for the game.

EA should have learned from other games. Oh, what the frak am I saying? They've already proved without a shadow of a doubt, then chiseled it into granite, then ensconced it in diamond that they are incapable of learning lessons from other games.

But they should have learned the lesson that you don't make people cross play-styles for quest rewards. If a reward is for PvE, it should require the completion of only PvE content. If the reward is for PvP, it should require the completion of only PvP content.

First off five minutes, currently you can not get anywhere near the vendor without being ganked. While I really hate pvp I don't mind having to go in there for one part, but when you have 4-8 people guarding the vendor, and they all attack a lone person trying to get at it, there is nothing fun about that, and I cant imagine there would be any fun in killing 1 person when you have that many attacking them.

Games like this one should never mix PvE and PvP in the same questline. It just frustrates people as evidenced by this thread and several others on the topic. While some players are happy to PvE and PvP, many more prefer one style over the other. PvEers never want to fight players and PvPers never want to fight NPCs.

If the devs want to encourage and support PvP then they should make a purely PvP quest line with a nice reward. You would know ahead of time that to get such a reward you would have to PvP, as you currently do if you want the PvP armor skins.

Right now it is one quest and I can certainly get by without another companion, even though his craft bonus would be useful on my artificer, but if mixing PvE and PvP is the direction that this game is headed then it is not the kind of game that I want to continue playing.

Yes, HK is an optional companion, We don't have to have him. But we may want him.

If you truely "want" HK-51 then you will have to undergo the full quest to obtain him.

The term "quest" has been watered down in moderinity. A quest was a long and arduous undertaking. The quest for HK-51 is restoring the meaning of the word.

This is a good thing.

;)

If you truely "want" HK-51 then you will have to undergo the full quest to obtain him.

The term "quest" has been watered down in moderinity. A quest was a long and arduous undertaking. The quest for HK-51 is restoring the meaning of the word.

This is a good thing.

;)

you stopped reading my post after the first line, didn't you? :p

That makes no sense. You're not forced into PvP. It's a choice. You want HK-51, then you need to go to a PvP area.

That's like complaining that you want to gain Valor, but you don't want to be flagged for PvP since you didn't roll on a PvP server (or you want the WH relics which were the BiS for PvE content). Guess what? You have a choice. To get HK-51 you'll need to enter a pvp zone for < 30 minutes. For WH Relics, you'll need to pvp for much longer. The choice is still yours. No one is forcing you to PvP.

You're being completely biased towards people who play on PvE servers. Do you not understand the concept of poor game design when you have specifically opted out of open world PvP and then are forced into a PvP area for a companion that is intended for PvE content?

Mentioning WH relics for PvE content doesn't justify your opinion either. Using PvP gear for PvE content is yet another concept of poor game design.

Dear Bioware,

I rolled Empire because I want to play on the Empire side. However, the attack animations for Sentinel are much cooler than the Marauder. Please fix. Don't force me to have to roll Republic for the animations I want because you're forcing me to play a Republic toon. I rolled an Empire character because I want to play an empire character.

Sincerely,

"I will quit if I don't get it the way I want it" player

---------------------

Dear Bioware,

I have beaten all the content in this game. However, I do not have all of the loot because my item did not drop. Please fix. Don't force me to have to redo existing content at the chance I get the loot I want. I've beaten the game. Why are you forcing me to rekill TFB in hardmode?

Sincerely,

--------------------

Dear Bioware,

I decided I don't want to listen to my superiors in this game. However, no option I pick allows me to leave then and start setting up my own Cantina. Don't force me to continue working for this guy/girl. I bought this game for the role-playing, yet I can't seem to start up a Cantina business and manage it. Why are you forcing me to continue working for this guy/girl?

Sincerely,

-------------------

Perhaps you guys can follow up your anti-PvP for 30 minutes crusade with one of the above open letters to Bioware.

Thanks!

Edited by Lostpenguins

You're being completely biased towards people who play on PvE servers. Do you not understand the concept of poor game design when you have specifically opted out of open world PvP and then are forced into a PvP area for a companion that is intended for PvE content?

Mentioning WH relics for PvE content doesn't justify your opinion either. Using PvP gear for PvE content is yet another concept of poor game design.

To finish you're class quest in this game, you're forced to level past 10. Why aren't you demanding for that to be changed?

It's only poor game design because it doesn't suit your play-style. Suits my play-style just fine. So you arbitrarily calling this move "poor game design" is completely subjective.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Actually, this thread demonstrates the entitlement mindset of gamers today. Everything on a silver platter or 'I leave'. I don't envy game developers who want to design things to be remotely challenging. Everyone says they want a challenge until it comes out and then they realize they can't faceroll it in an hour or two.

The fact people will quit over something so trivial is more of a personal character flaw then anything else.

Suck it up, buttercups. Get a group of friends and get it done. It's a ONE time occurence.

^ This.

I'd be interested to see the game if some of the qqers in threads like this got their way. Would you just get mailed HK-51? There's nothing that's really rare or epic in this game and people complain about this that isn't even that hard to achieve. I weep for the future.

^ This.

I'd be interested to see the game if some of the qqers in threads like this got their way. Would you just get mailed HK-51? There's nothing that's really rare or epic in this game and people complain about this that isn't even that hard to achieve. I weep for the future.

Nice strawman. Is it a new companion?