Recomend me books

khayyinx

Hi, i want to read a Star Wars novel and comics of the NJO when luke is in his prime. I don't want to raed all the novels and don't care about the chronology.

Also, which are the best comic books? I really like when they are well drawn, like one of dath maul i've seen.

Thanks

Well Luke is pretty powerful in (I think it's called) Dark Empire. But Palpatine is just so awesome.

I think it's Dark Empire. Whichever one Palpatine comes back in.

Edit: But this takes place before Luke's prime.

Edited by Aurbere

I'd reccomend the Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn series if you want good stories with Luke in them.

Also, in terms of his "prime" is pretty short if your talking his physical prime coupled with his force power. (see Jedi Academy Series I think that would be the best bet here in terms of age.)

His force power shows itself in rare moments throughout early lore but the older he gets, the more easily he can use his immense power. I feel if he'd tried to take on Abeloth in his physical 'prime' (so without his accumulated knowledge and experience) She'd have wiped the floor with him till he subconsciously brought out his super power and beat her back. Older Luke imo is the more powerful Luke. Still read NJO to get a feel for the state of the galaxy, but I think Luke really shines in mid LOTF and throughout FOTJ.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Hi, i want to read a Star Wars novel and comics of the NJO when luke is in his prime. I don't want to raed all the novels and don't care about the chronology.

Also, which are the best comic books? I really like when they are well drawn, like one of dath maul i've seen.

Thanks

Avoid anything involving the yuuzhan vong IMO.

I would grab anything Karen Traviss writes, she has more of a grip on the canon. Try maybe the Republic Commando books (Her clone wars take) Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, the the "conclusion" Imperial Commando 501st. Alot of people say her stories make alot of characters weak and sappy, but what she does is break the mythos that all Mandalorians are knuckle draggers wearing Beskar. Also she humanizes Boba Fett in the latter half of her coloboative writings. So tl;dr

Republic Commando books (plus Imperial Commando)

X-Wing series

Legacy of the Force series

Fate of the Jedi series

I personally liked the NJO/Vong series, but for a novice in the lore reading, it may be a bit much.

Oh, and anything Timothy Zahn writes, especially his here and there books about Outbound Flight, and the Heir to the Empire.

Simple one shot contained books that are fun:

Death Troopers, Knight Errant, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Red Harvest.

If you get into the lore you HAVE to read The Courtship of Princess Leia

I can go on, but Im tired of typing, I keep misspelling stuff.

Edited by Wraithe_Oza

I would grab anything Karen Traviss writes, she has more of a grip on the canon. Try maybe the Republic Commando books (Her clone wars take) Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, the the "conclusion" Imperial Commando 501st. Alot of people say her stories make alot of characters weak and sappy, but what she does is break the mythos that all Mandalorians are knuckle draggers wearing Beskar. Also she humanizes Boba Fett in the latter half of her coloboative writings. So tl;dr

Republic Commando books (plus Imperial Commando)

X-Wing series

Legacy of the Force series

Fate of the Jedi series

I personally liked the NJO/Vong series, but for a novice in the lore reading, it may be a bit much.

Oh, and anything Timothy Zahn writes, especially his here and there books about Outbound Flight, and the Heir to the Empire.

Simple one shot contained books that are fun:

Death Troopers, Knight Errant, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Red Harvest.

If you get into the lore you HAVE to read The Courtship of Princess Leia

I can go on, but Im tired of typing, I keep misspelling stuff.

I completely agree with you on the book choices, and if you are going to look into comics I suggest the special Darth Vader one-shots, the KOTOR comics, and the series "Dawn of the jedi"