++ Who Designed Huttball? Please Hire Them To Create Another Warzone.

DkSharktooth

Yes, we are aware that you gave us the same 3 rehatched turret capture warzones with different names. Please try to design more creative warzones like huttball. We are tired of the turret captures, they are a one level boring flat playing field. Cap the turret, defend it, and that's pretty much it. I do appreciate the new warzone and the "explosion" feature, but it's not cutting it for my type of crowd. I would like to give my unsubscribed guildies a reason to come back to swtor, please deliver something that can help me help you. So whoever designed huttball, please hire them to make a few more cool warzone maps.

If you like huttball, rate this thread 5 stars (bottom right of the page).

Thanks,

Happy New Years

Edited by DkSharktooth

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we are aware that you gave us the same 3 rehatched turret capture warzones with different names. Please try to design more creative warzones like huttball. We are tired of the turret captures, they are a one level boring flat playing field. Cap the turret, defend it, and that's pretty much it. I do appreciate the new warzone and the "explosion" feature, but it's not cutting it for my type of crowd. I would like to give my unsubscribed guildies a reason to come back to swtor, please deliver something that can help me help you. So whoever designed huttball, please hire them to make a few more cool warzone maps.

Thanks,

Happy New Years

Whoever designed huttball, please break his legs and fire him. Whoever designed Alderaan, please make more. That is my favorite warzone and most of the people I have PVP'd with enjoy it as well. Huttball is, almost universally, despised, because more often than not you'll face a premade who are put together solely to dominate at Huttball and that will be the end of the story.

Now, if what you're talking about is just the map itself, not the idea of trying to get a PuG team to coordinate for a sport, then yeah, the map is cool and it would make for an awesome death match arena.

And huttball wouldn't be nearly so awful if it was its own separate queue - like a sports queue instead of just generic PVP - and there were multiple huttball maps you could randomly roll into.

Huttball is just an adaptation to the FragBall mod for UT which was quite popular back in the day, truly there is nothing creative in it. It's just ripped-off.

And Huttball isn't the only adaptation truly. Voidstar is a mere assault style map. And the maps with control points are simple domination styled maps.

The only things missing are CTF and last man standing to have the UT modes complete, beyond the obvious DM and TDM.

Whoever designed huttball, please break his legs and fire him. Whoever designed Alderaan, please make more. That is my favorite warzone and most of the people I have PVP'd with enjoy it as well. Huttball is, almost universally, despised, because more often than not you'll face a premade who are put together solely to dominate at Huttball and that will be the end of the story.

Now, if what you're talking about is just the map itself, not the idea of trying to get a PuG team to coordinate for a sport, then yeah, the map is cool and it would make for an awesome death match arena.

And huttball wouldn't be nearly so awful if it was its own separate queue - like a sports queue instead of just generic PVP - and there were multiple huttball maps you could randomly roll into.

Speak for yourself. Hutball is my favourite WZ. By a looooooong mile

I love HB. I don't think it's a one-sided match any more so than the other WZs. And at least a 1-sided HB is usually overwith much faster than, say, a 1-sided CW (or at least it seems like it). The only thing I wish would happen in a HB is that when the reast of my team decides to just deathmatch, they would announce it - so that I would stop wasting my time being the only one trying to play HB. :)

Huttball is always one sided. It's almost never an even match where both teams struggle for a cap. It's usually just a shutout 6-0 game where one side or the other just gets rolled.

4/5 of my huttballs end in really close games: 1-0 2-0 2-1 2-2 1-1 are all typical results. 1/5 end in a quick 6/0

You say Huttball is almost universally despised because you dislike it? It's the most popular warzone.

The problem that most people complain about HB are those matches where a PUG faces a Pre-Made. IMO, it is an issue that can happen in every WZ map. Of course, in HB it puts the match to end up in about 4-5 min., which I think it is kinda better than get steamrolled for 10-15 in Civil War, for an example.

I think HB is funny because, even in a PUG, if everyone knows the advantages and the limitations of their own classes, you get a very well tasks division, better than in any other WZ, in which anyone has their own importance as carriers, scorts and defenders.

Edited by Millem

I love Huttball for the 3 levels of terrain, the hazards, having something like the ball to throw and even just the solid objects. It is the one map that I felt I could do ok with a merc as I could push melee off into a lower level and LOS to avoid getting a leap and even use the root on punch to get away a bit rather than just delay the inevitable of when another class focuses on that class.

I was disappointed in the new map that you can't throw the orbs to a teammate similar to Huttball and that it yet again was basically a "control 2 points" game on a single plane of play.

Huttball is BY FAR the most well designed WZ, because its always non stop action has multiple levels of terrain not some boring flat surface *cough* Void star, civil war, novare, ancient hpyergate *cough* and especially for my PT fire trap pulls :rak_03:

NEEDS MOARE HUTTBALL!!!

I love Huttball for the 3 levels of terrain, the hazards, having something like the ball to throw and even just the solid objects. It is the one map that I felt I could do ok with a merc as I could push melee off into a lower level and LOS to avoid getting a leap and even use the root on punch to get away a bit rather than just delay the inevitable of when another class focuses on that class.

I was disappointed in the new map that you can't throw the orbs to a teammate similar to Huttball and that it yet again was basically a "control 2 points" game on a single plane of play.

Very well pointed! It will be nice to have those "3 levels of terrain and the hazards" in other maps, like control points or attack/defense styles. Think in a WZ at Rancor pit, with you have to jump from skiffs and a Sail Barge... a lot of levels and a deadly (and hungry!) trap... and maybe with some funny scream when someone falls in it....

Edited by Millem

People don't like Huttball because you actually need to be decent at this game to enjoy that map. All the below average players will just get pulled into fire or knocked back off the catwalks and finish the game with 4 medals.

People don't like Huttball because you actually need to be decent at this game to enjoy that map. All the below average players will just get pulled into fire or knocked back off the catwalks and finish the game with 4 medals.

Not entirely true. The prime reason I dislike it is because it's a true TEAM play map. I personally think it should be thrown into it's own queue of PvP maps or taken out of non-ranked matches. As it's simply no fun unless you play as a team.

If you get put up against a group with a premade, you just get roflstomped.

If you get put up a group of randoms, it's just a bunch of idiots running around like headless chickens, fighting in centers or pits, offering themselves up as leap targets, not even caring about that ball sprinter taking it to the line, etc.

Making it a pointless fight which either is over in a few minutes without ever standing a chance. Or taking about 14 minutes incl wait time up front without really achieving anything.

Whilst the style of game is much more suited for ranked teams to pit against each other and try to claim the top of the ladder, by becoming the ultimate huttball champion. A game in which you need solid communication and effective teamplay. A game in which it simply doesn't suffice to every now and then say "2 inc west" to have everybody know what's going up.

Huttball is not forcing you to kill someone you just need to cc and play the ball. There's too much rooting abilities that don't build up resolve. Everytime somebody is on the edge of a lvl and jumps down the game buggs out and hinders you to attack them properly. Pugging Huttball is a nightmare. With current class setups you can control and mezz a group of players multiple times and just leave them no defence. A premade group of sorcs snipers and juggs can easily get the upper hand in huttball and it is bad. It doesn't go well with current class desiign.

Not entirely true. The prime reason I dislike it is because it's a true TEAM play map. I personally think it should be thrown into it's own queue of PvP maps or taken out of non-ranked matches. As it's simply no fun unless you play as a team.

If you get put up against a group with a premade, you just get roflstomped.

If you get put up a group of randoms, it's just a bunch of idiots running around like headless chickens, fighting in centers or pits, offering themselves up as leap targets, not even caring about that ball sprinter taking it to the line, etc.

Making it a pointless fight which either is over in a few minutes without ever standing a chance. Or taking about 14 minutes incl wait time up front without really achieving anything.

Whilst the style of game is much more suited for ranked teams to pit against each other and try to claim the top of the ladder, by becoming the ultimate huttball champion. A game in which you need solid communication and effective teamplay. A game in which it simply doesn't suffice to every now and then say "2 inc west" to have everybody know what's going up.

As someone who PUGs all the time, I will give a resounding "no" to removing it from non-ranked queues. It doesn't even take a team, really. Just people knowing what their classes role should be on the map. Sure; teams help in coordination and getting the right matchup of classes; but that can be said of any map.