Smash Crazyness

Coldin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need a spec in this game that can deal 8-9k hits in an AOE that requires minimal setup? It's just absurd that this still exists.

Dude a stim pack heals, for 12-14K, a healer for 10K anytime, do we relay need that much heal?

Do we really need a spec in this game that can deal 8-9k hits in an AOE that requires minimal setup? It's just absurd that this still exists.

Strong Point Blank AoE is important in MMOs, and exceptionally so in SWTOR.

PBAOE is needed to combat the enemy team pillar humping the near pillar in Voidstar, preventing the enemy team from hunkering down right inside the bunker in Novare Coast, combating the enemy team holding the Huttball behind the side dumpster, or giving an enemy team a chance to take a side node in Civil War.

Strong PBAOE is important in this MMO, and every MMO.

Strong Point Blank AoE is important in MMOs, and exceptionally so in SWTOR.

PBAOE is needed to combat the enemy team pillar humping the near pillar in Voidstar, preventing the enemy team from hunkering down right inside the bunker in Novare Coast, combating the enemy team holding the Huttball behind the side dumpster, or giving an enemy team a chance to take a side node in Civil War.

Strong PBAOE is important in this MMO, and every MMO.

That's fine. But most times there are large damage AOE abilities like that, they have to be properly telegraphed, usually through a channel or marking on the ground. With Smash, the only indication of that damaging coming is the warrior himself being near you.

Sorcs: Channel AOE Lightning

Bounty Hunters: Channel AOE Explosions

Agents: Cast Time then Large Damage per tick

Snipers: Channel, low damage blaster volley

Warriors: Instant, large damage

That's fine. But most times there are large damage AOE abilities like that, they have to be properly telegraphed, usually through a channel or marking on the ground. With Smash, the only indication of that damaging coming is the warrior himself being near you.

Sorcs: Channel AOE Lightning

Bounty Hunters: Channel AOE Explosions

Agents: Cast Time then Large Damage per tick

Snipers: Channel, low damage blaster volley

Warriors: Instant, large damage

If you can't tell when they're going to do it, there isn't a whole lot of help for you.

A leap, the stance they're in, whether or not they have singularity charges... The fact that they're a warrior...

Doesn't get a whole lot more telegraphed.

If you can't tell when they're going to do it, there isn't a whole lot of help for you.

A leap, the stance they're in, whether or not they have singularity charges... The fact that they're a warrior...

^ this.. I have to put my body next to yours.. If that isn't telegraphed then I don't know what is.

As soon as a sith warrior uses leap, you have half a second to respond to their smash. If you don't have sabre reflection, or any way to mitigate their smash, you are likely to take on the full force of that smash. So don't give me that bull "you can easily tell what spec they are," because against a smash spaced sith warrior there isn't enough time to see what stance they are in.

Im at the point where as soon as a sith warrior jumps me im already poping some defensive cooldown. I cant afford looking through the many buffs they have to find their stance. If you are doing that, then you are bad.

Edited by Tycoon

As soon as a sith warrior uses leap, you have half a second to respond to their smash. If you don't have sabre reflection, or any way to mitigate their smash, you are likely to take on the full force of that smash. So don't give me that bull "you can easily tell what spec they are," because against a smash spaced sith warrior there isn't enough time to see what stance they are in.

Approximately how much time does it take to find the Shii-Cho form icon?

(Hint: It's the blue one!)

Its OP and anyone who argues otherwise, plays the class or is just trolling. Yes, you can time when theyre gonna smash and get out of the way. But not if there are 4 smashers in one BG...... DPS and TTK out weight the heavy heals unless your talking 1v1 then good luck killing said healer. The game is not balanced at all right now.

Approximately how much time does it take to find the Shii-Cho form icon?

(Hint: It's the blue one!)

Wow you are such a noob. What did I just say? As soon as they leap, they are using smash. There is less then half a second between the leap and their smash. You are not capable of registering exactly what spec they are before that 8k smash is coming at you.

Edited by Tycoon

Wow you are such a noob. What did I just say? As soon as they leap, they are using smash. There is less then half a second between the leap and their smash. You are not capable to register exactly what spec they are before that 8k smash is coming at you. Get your head out of your ***.

I must be some kind of PvP prodigy-Jesus, because I don't have that problem.

Or smash spec is the easiest class in the game to anticipate and a lot of people just don't pay any attention to what's going on. I'm not sure at this point which is more likely.

I must be some kind of PvP prodigy-Jesus, because I don't have that problem.

Or smash spec is the easiest class in the game to anticipate and a lot of people just don't pay any attention to what's going on. I'm not sure at this point which is more likely.

Or you are full of ****, and you do exactly what everyone else does. You pop a defensive cooldown no matter what spec they are. Something you should be doing anyway, against any class.

Edited by Tycoon

Or you are full of ****, and you do exactly what everyone else does. You pop a defensive cooldown no matter what spec they are. Something you should be doing anyway, against any class.

Depends on whether or not they have singularity up. If they don't, I lol because I now have EXTRA (on top of the already ample amount) time to react. If they do, I choke or stun them and spam freezing force and lol all the way to the bank, because they can't reach me anymore.

And if they're not in Shii-Cho form, I just ignore them.

Well, call me a bad player, but I have difficulty of keeping track of 3 smashers in a warzone and how many stacks of what they have, what stance they are in, and what spec they are. Even so. They can leap to me, I'm immobile, and then immediately smash. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do in this situation besides stun, which is on cooldown more often than smash. And what do I do when more than one leap to me, or someone near me?

It's an overpowered spec, and it needs retuned. Make it deal 6-8k damage if you want, but have that only be single target.

Its OP and anyone who argues otherwise, plays the class or is just trolling. Yes, you can time when theyre gonna smash and get out of the way. But not if there are 4 smashers in one BG...... DPS and TTK out weight the heavy heals unless your talking 1v1 then good luck killing said healer. The game is not balanced at all right now.

Get a slinger or sniper.. They shred my tank quite easily, I'm sure they'll go through smashers like butter. Or how about lightning sorcs? because 10 second immunity combined with 30 m range hits that land harder than smashes is not OP? Or how about stunlocking Operatives, did you hear about the skill they get at 55? It's called Unsub, a team of them can literally make you cancel your subscription to SWTOR, not to mention their opener will remove more hp than smash does. Or Gunnery commandos hitting for 8k damage on demo round at 30 m, while electro netting you, and putting an armor break on you.. Do I really need to go on?

Every class is OP'd in the right hands, here's a better idea than complaining about what you view as being OP'd. Learn to play better, adapt, play those classes that you lose to repetitively. Once you play a class, you'll see exactly how to beat them because you'll know exactly what you don't want happening when you play that class. I sucked against Operatives until I played one, and realized exactly what they were doing to me and how to break that chain. Now, I can last long enough that most will stealth away or die, only a handful will ever beat me, and those are really good operative players.

Vigilance spec is pretty nice these days. You should try it.

Admittedly, it's only single-target, which is why it pales in comparison to focus. Which is why focus/rage spec is crazy.

Depends on whether or not they have singularity up. If they don't, I lol because I now have EXTRA (on top of the already ample amount) time to react. If they do, I choke or stun them and spam freezing force and lol all the way to the bank, because they can't reach me anymore.

If you are able to tell what spec they are in then you obviously got the jump on them, and not the other way around. So therefore there is more time for you to react. However, I made it very clear that I was talking about a smash spec getting the jump on you. You would know that if you weren't such a pretentious noob.

Edited by Tycoon

Well, call me a bad player, but I have difficulty of keeping track of 3 smashers in a warzone and how many stacks of what they have, what stance they are in, and what spec they are. Even so. They can leap to me, I'm immobile, and then immediately smash. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do in this situation besides stun, which is on cooldown more often than smash. And what do I do when more than one leap to me, or someone near me?

It's an overpowered spec, and it needs retuned. Make it deal 6-8k damage if you want, but have that only be single target.

What you're suggesting would break the spec, and anyway I rarely see smashers hit harder than 9k. The ones that do are usually exploiting bolster. I don't think they ever hit my tank harder than 6k.

I'm sorry, it's just not that hard to react to. The spec does ONE thing. One smasher is not a problem. Two are annoying if they work together, but I'd rather see two coordinated smashers on a team than two snipers.

If you are able to tell what spec they are in then you obviously got the jump on them, and not the other way around. So therefore there is more time for you to react. However, I made it very clear that I was talking about a smash spec getting the jump on you. You would know that if you weren't such a pretentious noob.

Someone who gets the jump on you should have the advantage.

That's why they call it "getting the jump".

In any case, I do a lot of taunting and peeling so I generally figure out who the smashers are pretty quick. After that, their names/appearance don't USUALLY change. And I have their number for the rest of the match.

If you're a dps, you should figure the above out just as quickly.

If you're a healer, don't worry about it. I got this. (Same goes for DPS. I'm an equal opportunity guard bouncer.)

What you're suggesting would break the spec, and anyway I rarely see smashers hit harder than 9k. The ones that do are usually exploiting bolster. I don't think they ever hit my tank harder than 6k.

I'm sorry, it's just not that hard to react to. The spec does ONE thing. One smasher is not a problem. Two are annoying if they work together, but I'd rather see two coordinated smashers on a team than two snipers.

Youre actually wrong and its now its clear your just trolling this guy, play smash spec or gods gift to pvp. No one can tell if the 3 smash monkeys leaping in are in a certain form, and have a counter ready. You just die. And if you do make a run for it their saber throw or scream hits for 10k as well.... Its hardly the only powerful hit in their arsenal.