[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

TheGreatFrosty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really liked "petitions" on the forums, but this is just getting ridiculous. Like everyone here has said, PvPers haven't got content in quite awhile. 1.6, Ancient Hypergates. So when they said a PvP patch was coming up, that we'd be excited about, I took that to mean 2.3. But 2.4? Around October? This is just too much. If you're going to make us wait that long, tell us what you have planned, at least a bit of it, what you know youll be done with. PvP is my chosen endgame, and its many others chosen endgame. Yet we haven't seen any new PvP content since 1.6. PvEers would be leaving in droves if it were the other way around. I would think, at least, you'd alternate content. PvE patch, PvP patch, PvE patch, PvP patch, ect. I was going to comment on a thread the other day and joke about that we'd just be given yet ANOTHER daily area, and looky there... 2.3 new daily area. Couldn't you just make the PvP dailies at the Gree event stay after the event and add some more dailies to it? Or ANYTHING that gives PvPers some content.

I've never ranted on the forums. I never thought I would. Being a subscriber since day one, here for the PvP, this just has me disappointed. I love your game Bioware, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify my sub.

think longterm here guys. beyond 5 months, beyond a year.

what have we seen for PvP content? 2 new warzones, and Ranked PvP. that is really it. Ranked was 1.3 (june). AHG was 1.6 (december). so that is 6 months with no PvP content update.

2.4 will likely be october. that is 10 months. do you suddenly think bioware is gonna pick up the pace with PvP content release? do you really think that whatever they release in 2.4 is going to hold you over for 6-12 months?

the devs are not competent. even the PvE patches are terrible and just recycle old content for the most part. this game is content starved, and the devs have no idea how to create content that we cannot complete in a months time. there is no big picture thinking on this dev team, and if there is its pushed down because "we dont have the tech" or "its on the wall of crazy".

its just sad thinking about how much potential this game had at launch, and how much it still has.

BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

"In Game Update 1.2, any level 50 player will be able to queue up for Ranked Warzones by themselves or in a group of any size up to eight players."

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings."

"We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available and are the primary reason Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2 are Pre-Season."

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

They pulled RWZ at the last possible moment and released it in 1.3, ONLY 8 man teams able to que(still are). The Solo/grouphowevermany feature was pulled. The cross-server queing was never again talked about. We are over 1 year into Pre-Season and still we havent seen or heard anything of what they stated in this blog. BioWare need to respond because 2.4 is far away atm.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Edited by Chrisarn

BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

For non-European and/or dyslexic people, the Legacy patch (with a lot of pvp changes) was released April 12th, 2012...

Edited by Savej

It has been 8-9 months since any significant changes were made to PVP. We were promised content "shortly after" 2.0 and are now setting at an October release date for 2.4, the patch cited to contain improvements to PVP.

This is a petition to request that Bioware give us the details of that patch, rather than simply teasing us with the promise of content as they have so harshly done for the past half year. Most of us stay loyal to this game because we enjoy the PVP, but many are leaving and will continue to leave until new features are implemented.

We need arenas. We need 4v4 content. We need a ranked season. We don't need a single new WZ.

Please Bioware, enlighten us and give PVPers a reason to stay subbed. Tell us what we can expect from 2.4 and please do not be purposefully vague. Stop taking for granted your PVP fanbase.

DISCLAIMER : Those that sign in this thread are not under the expectation that any details revealed will be guaranteed and set in stone. We understand the problems with over promising. However, what we need to know is what is in the works and what the expected outcome is.

We don't need Arena's not intill they fix the classes.... Coz I'm sure everyone is going to want to spend a hour in arenas 2v2 healer/tank... It won't be like wow.. If u want 2v2 Arena's play wow. That's what I do. There will be more qqing then ever once they bring in arenas... People realizing there not as good as they think they are, healers never dying etc etc.. So I hope they don't bring arenas in at all

C'mon people, you already know what 2.4 will contain. New pvp gear of grade 69 and 72, so you can grind once again. Assassins and snipers will be buffed. VG/PT Assault/Pyro will be nerfed. Those things are a foregone conclusion given the meta averages. The only significant question is whether the devs will nerf healing. Meta averages say yes. Devs desire to lengthen TTK says no. Hard to predict that one.

think longterm here guys. beyond 5 months, beyond a year.

what have we seen for PvP content? 2 new warzones, and Ranked PvP. that is really it. Ranked was 1.3 (june). AHG was 1.6 (december). so that is 6 months with no PvP content update.

2.4 will likely be october. that is 10 months. do you suddenly think bioware is gonna pick up the pace with PvP content release? do you really think that whatever they release in 2.4 is going to hold you over for 6-12 months?

the devs are not competent. even the PvE patches are terrible and just recycle old content for the most part. this game is content starved, and the devs have no idea how to create content that we cannot complete in a months time. there is no big picture thinking on this dev team, and if there is its pushed down because "we dont have the tech" or "its on the wall of crazy".

its just sad thinking about how much potential this game had at launch, and how much it still has.

agreed, barring any pretty drastic changes of the pvp content pace/style, it becomes a game of "look elsewhere for what you want." too bad really, it is one of those things i saw going better (pvp w/ lightsabers! - how do you mess that up)

oh yeah, and a "digital expansion" with no pvp content? - how did that happen

also, we have seen that bioware is capable of seeing the breakdown of how players spend their time... are there really that many players that are doing dailies regularly - more-so than wz's?

Edited by jolleebindu

I totally support the OP hes only asking what everyone else is thinking and doing It in a polite manner we really need to know what's coming in 2.4 WE MUST KNOW SOME DETAILS!!!!!!!

anyway my subs up in 3 weeks if we don't get a response to this thread by then im going outside and mow the lawn because atm mowing the lawn is more fun than waiting on pvp content

Edited by fleshtaker

As "soon" turned into several months after several other pve patches.... I would really like to know what's supposed to come with 2.4.

You know there have been other people in at least one other game which thought their player are going to LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE!!!! what they are coming up with.... you may have heard of it, maybe, it's called NGE.

Someone at Bioware also thought I'm going to love that christmas speeder or the axe.... I didn't so you have been warned.

Edited by Sziroten

/signed

They need to either give us some details or drop a butt load of pvp content in 2.4 (some thing more than 1 new WZ and gear) or I fear this games future.

Neither of these things are likely though imho

The reason why they don't tell anything is probably because it's nothing that big... If it would be something big that ppl probably would love it would be wise to say something about it to give us some hope and to stay subscribers :)

If it's nothing special they keep it silent so as many as possible will stay subscribers until the patch :p