How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

Shioji

Hey guys so after talking to alot of guildies who have played the consular story and from all the reading posts about it i was wondering how can i make the consular story fun or exciting for my self to keep me interested in the questing? i really want to play a shadow and id rather be a male avatar, i have an assassin and i know i like the class play style but alot of my friends are playing republic so i need to level something up

so my question is for the people that did enjoy the consular story how did you go about it ?

Darkside all the way? Lightside? play a empire race as republic? ( really interested in Sith pureblood :D )

Hey guys so after talking to alot of guildies who have played the consular story and from all the reading posts about it i was wondering how can i make the consular story fun or exciting for my self to keep me interested in the questing? i really want to play a shadow and id rather be a male avatar, i have an assassin and i know i like the class play style but alot of my friends are playing republic so i need to level something up

so my question is for the people that did enjoy the consular story how did you go about it ?

Darkside all the way? Lightside? play a empire race as republic? ( really interested in Sith pureblood :D )

large amounts of alchol I suspect

I loved the Consular class story. I think it is a classic Jedi story of diplomacy and wisdom (reminded me of Obi-Wan's Clone Wars-era nickname, "The Negotiator") if you are playing light side, especially as a Sage.

If that doesn't interest you, I'd suggest trying for a more grey Jedi, in which case you'll get a bit of snark (nowhere near as much as Inquisitors get though). Personally, I found some of the darkside options to be more chaotic evil than anything else, and I usually wound up hitting [esc] whenever I tried one as they made me giggle and/or facepalm over how absurd my cute little Sage sounded. I suppose making a more intimidating looking character would help with that.

Playing other classes, I have found that choosing a less typical species can indeed help spice things up if you are the sort that likes to think up a "head canon" or at least imagine your character as more than just an avatar of you. Characters that are different than one might expect can be especially fun -- like, say, a big scary looking Rattataki that is a calm and stealthy Shadow, or an irritable Sith Pureblood Jedi with a hidden heart of gold.

Edited by Gwena

It seems common for people to want to "spice up" the Consular story by going dark side. I suppose that could work for some people, but from those I know who have done it have expressed only disappointment afterwards.

In my opinion, it simply does not make for a cohesive narrative. I'm aware of Rajivari's principles - however for the DS choices offered in the story, the actual lines delivered and the actions done do not make any sense at all.

The Consular story is the only class story where I have ever recommend a particular alignment. It's a story about healing, diplomacy, and saving the Jedi Order. It was very clearly written for a (almost pure) light-side character, as any dark side decisions or responses come off as schizophrenic, nonsensical, or "stupid evil", in contrast to the more convincing "falling to the dark side" vibe that you can get with a dark Jedi Knight.

Edited by Jenzali

My suggestion is not to think of it as a single story. It's really 4 shorter stories about the same character. They lead into each other, but there is otherwise very little connection between them. There's a running theme of masters and apprentices, but it's not enough to truly link them.

Also, I would second the suggestion to play Light Side. At the very least, the second story makes very little sense with a Dark Side character.

Chapter one was tedious, but I found chapters two and three to be quite fun, there was a few levels were my Sage was underpowered, but I slogged through them, and he pulled his own weight again, but the story for the second and third chapters was enjoyable.

Chapter one was tedious, but I found chapters two and three to be quite fun, there was a few levels were my Sage was underpowered, but I slogged through them, and he pulled his own weight again, but the story for the second and third chapters was enjoyable.

have to agree here, i found chapter 1 so bad that i almost gave up on the character but once that was over i was totaly taken back by how fun chapter 2 and 3 were, and imo they are miles better than the entire inquisitor story and do feel very jedi like but at the same time very different to the knights which is all hack and slash.

I loved the consular story on my Human Light Sage, and now I'm doing a Rattakki Dark Shadow. Both are female. I usually do a female and male on characters, but... eh Nadia Grell is cute, but don't' care about romancing her... (Plus, I'm less interested i the romance arcs than I used to be at launch..)

So far, I am also liking the dark side, maybe a bit more. The whole "No Emotion" thing ive always had a problem with when it comes to jedi, so i usually end up doing dark side first (plus dark side has always been more profitable which means better gear, at least in single player SW games)

I will join in the chiming in, Chapter 1 is pretty bad until the very end. Chapter 2 and 3 are great, however.

Go lightside Chapter 1, then occasional darkside in 2 and 3 due to your added responsibilities makes for a great playthrough.

Enjoy.

I think the story is fine, what is ruining the campaign for me is the complete lack of equipment available to consulars. If they are going to limit classes to light armor then GIVE US SOME LIGHT ARMOR! Im at Taris and Ive changed armor a whole 2 or 3 times, and all of it looks literally identical. Its ridiculous.

Shouldnt light armor logically be the most abundant type since all classes can use it? Why would they limit a class to one kind of armor and then make barely any of that kind?

How does one spice up customization for this class?

Edited by coolmccoolson

I wasn't expecting much when I played my consular but I thought the story turned out pretty good. It's more about knowledge and wisdom which isn't everyone's thing. My sage was 90% darkside since I thought most of the lightside dialogue was too dull and flat.

How does one spice up customization for this class?

Pick up some adaptive armor that you like looking at. I wore the Recovered Hero armor from Act 2 and on - made sense the Barsen'thor would look regal and ready for a fight, being the vanguard of the order and all.

And yes I agree with the guy above me, It's a very different flavor story than the JK story - you are not the 'chosen one' you are more of a regular Jedi with regular jedi responsibilities. (diplomacy, leadership, whatnot)

I will join in the chiming in, Chapter 1 is pretty bad until the very end.
That seems to be true for most stories. Pokemoning MacGuffins you don't care about through 4 long planets is never much interesting. Agent's Chapter 1 included. In this light, Trooper's Chapter 1 was the best so far out of the classes I've played because you're Pokemoning something you actually do care about in one way or another. Edited by Pietrastor

I loved the consular story. I came into this wanting to be the wise and kind Jedi who helps everyone. Though if you really want to spice it up you just have your Jedi be big on keeping up appearnances and in their help be cursing everyone for not being able to solve anything themselves. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Consular story is good if you play it from two aspects:

1. You're a typical jedii.

2. You're a Jedi more around the lines of Windu, whose loyalty to the Order and Republic, may drive them to some extremes, despite being good. The choices you make may be heartless, but it is for the greater good.