The Promised Land [Taris - Spoilers]

Jediorder

Hot damn, Bioware... You actually got me kinda emotional during Chasing History

(The Promised Land quest)

The whole damn scenario is heartbreaking...

The Outcasts of Undercity I proudly helped in Kotor deserved their future :(

They die out tragically by Rakghouls, while their oppressive goverment sleep tightly in their carbonite beds. It's unfair! :(

....Tack-sick radie-achon... :(

/cry

Edited by Jediorder

They die out tragically by Rakghouls, while their oppressive goverment sleep tightly in their carbonite beds. It's unfair! :(

/cry

Taris is awesome...I love that planet.

• 11 months later...

/cry

The saddest part is...

They've had more than 14 Firsts among their people, definitely spanning multiple generations, and mention loosing only few people to the Rakghouls during a big part of that period. Now let's say each First guided the people for about 10 years. Some shorter, but some definitely longer as well, so I'd say 10 years is probably a conservative estimate.

That means they survived for about 140 years. If the avarage lifespan of the Firsts was a bit longer, like, 20 years leading the group, which isn't too wild a guess either, though nearing the upper limit, then they survived for about 280 years even. Which basically means: that they missed the recolonization of the planet by only a few years :(

Edited by AsheraII

It's a shame they didn't capitalize more on stuff Kotor fans cared about. Dantoiine was such a focal planet in both games yet it's shining with it's absence. Telos? Nada.

Yet we get places like Hoth and Tatooine that are essentially wastelands with no real point to them. I mean, sure Tatooine has potential what with it being an ancient Rakata world and stuff but still, it's a ball of sand.

I get it that they don't want to make this a kotor game but it's what people want. Look at the amount of threads there are about Revan. No one really cares about the Emperor or the Dread Masters. They have no character, just evil for the sake of an evil opponent. Dull. As for the pubs? Apart from Satele, none of the Republic leaders have any presence or meaning anywhere, just the occasional holo with them ranting about how evil you are for drowning puppies or whatever.

It's a shame they didn't capitalize more on stuff Kotor fans cared about. Dantoiine was such a focal planet in both games yet it's shining with it's absence. Telos? Nada.

Yet we get places like Hoth and Tatooine that are essentially wastelands with no real point to them. I mean, sure Tatooine has potential what with it being an ancient Rakata world and stuff but still, it's a ball of sand.

I get it that they don't want to make this a kotor game but it's what people want. Look at the amount of threads there are about Revan. No one really cares about the Emperor or the Dread Masters. They have no character, just evil for the sake of an evil opponent. Dull. As for the pubs? Apart from Satele, none of the Republic leaders have any presence or meaning anywhere, just the occasional holo with them ranting about how evil you are for drowning puppies or whatever.

It's possible we will se Dantooine in the future. We may also get to run around on Telos and other planets, or have mentions of them here and there. As for the characters...It is 300 years AFTER KOTOR, so many of the Imperial and Republic leaders will be unknowns to us. Quite honestly I want less mention of Revan, not more. The game is not a year old yet. We will get more planets in the future. Some will be the planets from the KOTOR games.

It's possible we will se Dantooine in the future. We may also get to run around on Telos and other planets, or have mentions of them here and there. As for the characters...It is 300 years AFTER KOTOR, so many of the Imperial and Republic leaders will be unknowns to us. Quite honestly I want less mention of Revan, not more. The game is not a year old yet. We will get more planets in the future. Some will be the planets from the KOTOR games.

I don't care about Revan either. That was not the point. As far as new characters go, ti's not that they are new, it's that they are inconsequential and boring.

If you've played through pub corellia, you'll know that you just cut through 3 dark council members as if they were nothing. Tell me, why was the war so terrible again? These guys are pushovers.