Class disparity

MouseNoFour

Whilst watching the economy guild summit video on youtube, i got quite a shock to see my two favourite classes - Imperial Agent (sniper) and Smuggler (scoundrel) - were by far the lowest played classes by players.

Whats even more odd to me, is that the classes i like LEAST - Sith Inquisitor (sorceress) and Sith Warrior (marauder) were by far the MOST played.

By like 'least' i dont mean 'hate'. I have a character for every advanced class in the game bar one or two (not quite sure). SW and SI are just 'ok' to me, whereas the IA and SM are tons of fun, and their story far outweighs both the SW and SI.

I guess i must be the minority?

Its because the hybrid spec for Sorc's/Sage is awesomesauce right now, its getting nerfed so more people with gravitate to the flavor of the month class for 1.2

people playing Sith warriors/Jedi Knights must like up hill battles tho.

Sith Inquisitor was always the most popular class, all the way back in Beta SI's were almost 20% of the population (I don't mean SI's & JC's together, I mean JUST SI's were like 18+% in most polls.)

IA, SM were always either the least popular, or I think it was BH...maybe it was trooper... (those three classes would all be somewhere around 8-10%). Anyway, it was either BH or Trooper, one was really low and the other was near the top, I can't remember which one is popular and which isn't.