Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

Beniboybling

There's already a thread for this on General Discussion but I've been told that its a wretched hive of sum and villainy so I'd thought I'd bring it to STAR WARS discussion forum.

Anyway, BioWare have finally announced a new expansion to SWTOR called Rise of the Hutt Cartel coming in Spring 2013, which can be pre-ordered for only £6! ($10) which i thought was pretty cheap. There's not a great deal to it but its nice to see BioWare are committing to their promises, even if there a bit late, and adding more story to the game.

So we got:

INCREASED LEVEL CAP

Continue your Star Wars saga with a new level cap of 55! Earn new abilities, skill points, gear, and more as your character advances!

EXTEND YOUR STAR WARS SAGA

Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations as players uncover the diabolical plot of the Hutt Cartel to become the new galactic superpower.

NEW PLANET: MAKEB

Explore a vibrant alien landscape as the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire fight for control over a powerful secret.

I'd say that's pretty sweet, thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited to finally see some story content, what little it may be, waiting eagerly to see more info about what this expansion will bring. Liked that it was only 10$ for subscribers but I just read that subs don't have to pre-order, the pre-order is to get you early access I believe.

It is confusing... is it paying 6£ for 5 days early access or for whole exp pack... so if I don't buy it , my sub will automaticly cancel? of I will continue to pay but unable to play... or will pvp against 55 lvl chars with my L 50.... interesting.

I was hoping for a continuation to the war, but it might be nice to take out some Hutts.

Best thing about this is the level cap increase in my opinion.

Thought, that Hutt looks kinda weird doesn't he? Red eyes, a mechanical hand, dresses like an Egyptian - and a fairly unusual colour too. Methinks the Dread Masters may somehow be involved (possible dark side corruption of said Hutt?) and this could be endgame for them. Am I right in thinking the Dread Masters were behind the Karagga business, or is that just a rumor?

Thought, that Hutt looks kinda weird doesn't he? Red eyes, a mechanical hand, dresses like an Egyptian - and a fairly unusual colour too. Methinks the Dread Masters may somehow be involved (possible dark side corruption of said Hutt?) and this could be endgame for them. Am I right in thinking the Dread Masters were behind the Karagga business, or is that just a rumor?

I've never done the endgame operations because I'm an altaholic, but the Dread Masters seem to be the focus here. Maybe they will be involved somewhat in Chapter 4. I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be nice.

It is confusing... is it paying 6£ for 5 days early access or for whole exp pack... so if I don't buy it , my sub will automaticly cancel? of I will continue to pay but unable to play... or will pvp against 55 lvl chars with my L 50.... interesting.

You preorder to get the 5 days early access. When it comes out I expect you'll have to pay the same amount to buy it, or perhaps more. Not buying it won't affect your subscription at all - you just won't be able to access Makeb and the new level cap... but then the whole thing about PVP, can't say - maybe I'm wrong...

I've never done the endgame operations because I'm an altaholic, but the Dread Masters seem to be the focus here. Maybe they will be involved somewhat in Chapter 4. I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be nice.

Same here, lol. Still I read up on them, like to know whats going on in terms of story. Rumors are there are two new operations, one concerning the Hutts and another sort of 'showdown' with the Dread Masters.

Edited by Beniboybling

From what I understand, the Dreadmasters are involved in every Operation.

The operation to free them results in the bombing run that uncovers the Eternity Vault.

The Dread Masters were the ones dealing with and manipulating Karagga and the Hutt Cartel

They are responsible for Kephess and Explosive Content (first took credit for their actions as well for players)

They are responsible for the Hyper Gates fiasco in Terror from Beyond

I was hoping for a continuation to the war, but it might be nice to take out some Hutts.

I agree. More battles 'n stuff with the Republic vs Empire would've been better, but I'm still excited for some more content. :)

I agree. More battles 'n stuff with the Republic vs Empire would've been better, but I'm still excited for some more content. :)

They need to wrap up the Hutt/Dread Masters story though - after that they can dive straight into the action. Of course there's Revan and Malgus to consider, Malgus' apprentice has been covered but I do hope that Malgus comes back.

There's already a thread for this on General Discussion but I've been told that its a wretched hive of sum and villainy so I'd thought I'd bring it to STAR WARS discussion forum.

Anyway, BioWare have finally announced a new expansion to SWTOR called Rise of the Hutt Cartel coming in Spring 2013, which can be pre-ordered for only £6! ($10) which i thought was pretty cheap. There's not a great deal to it but its nice to see BioWare are committing to their promises, even if there a bit late, and adding more story to the game.

So we got:

INCREASED LEVEL CAP

Continue your Star Wars saga with a new level cap of 55! Earn new abilities, skill points, gear, and more as your character advances!

EXTEND YOUR STAR WARS SAGA

Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations as players uncover the diabolical plot of the Hutt Cartel to become the new galactic superpower.

NEW PLANET: MAKEB

Explore a vibrant alien landscape as the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire fight for control over a powerful secret.

I'd say that's pretty sweet, thoughts?

$9.99 for new planet is a good deal. I just ordered it myself.

Besides K. Palace is one of the best raids in the game and it this expansion gives more hutt enemies I am all for it. Bring on the rancors.

Though, a haunted dungeon would be nice (sci-fi equivalent to Karazhan).

I would have paid 60$ for more than one planet and a space game that is off the rail. I may need to reconsider my subscription as the space game was really important to me due to its iconic nature and star warsy feel.

space game is still on it's way. In fact i'm willing to be that if this mini expansion is a success for them we can see them doing the same thing with the SSSP.

They should add in the expansion, simply put, MORE VARIETY, people like different things and I'm sick of seeing space segways and the bad design of that christmas speeder.

I love the christmas speeder. I loved it so much i got 2.

Of course I don't love it as much as my Refer a friend speeder.

I think it goes without saying Dread Masters will have a part in this. As to what exactly, no one knows.