For the Commando/Merc healers

Targarion

im not primarily a healer, but my best healing output in RWZ was ~450k (defense in voidstar)

in regs i think ive put up a mil a few times, not recently tho.

i am not very good at it tho

that's odd. I have just the opposite experience. pre 2.0, I topped out around 1 million (full vstar went to 2nd door). that vastly outpaced my performance in reg WZs of the time (750k iirc).

post 2.0 my reg high is 1.5m (ahg), but numbers are up across the board. tons of stalemates. tbh, I do more dpsing while in combat support cell than healing these days. there's always like 3 healers in every reg.

that's odd. I have just the opposite experience. pre 2.0, I topped out around 1 million (full vstar went to 2nd door). that vastly outpaced my performance in reg WZs of the time (750k iirc).

post 2.0 my reg high is 1.5m (ahg), but numbers are up across the board. tons of stalemates. tbh, I do more dpsing while in combat support cell than healing these days. there's always like 3 healers in every reg.

well i was only healing in that match for the defense round, respec'd back to DPS for offense. so its only half a wz's worth of heals

im not primarily a healer, but my best healing output in RWZ was ~450k (defense in voidstar)

in regs i think ive put up a mil a few times, not recently tho.

i am not very good at it tho

Yeah, I get about 400k-ish on a VS defense round if it goes the duration. I'm not a particularly good healer yet (I only started seriously doing the whole respec dance thing on a semi regular basis fairly recently).

I refuse to be heals for the whole match though, so no idea what I can do total. :D

Edited by Jherad

Hi - I play a merc healer regularly and as a standard heal over 1 mill in wz's. The only time I go under a mill is when the other team isn't doing any damage to my team (which seems to be the case of late). I'm looking forward to seeing some competitive ranked getting started again, where hopefully wz's will go on longer than 5 minutes.

I'm now full conqueror and have stacked power...I've seen a definite increase in my healing output rather than stacking alacrity.

I'm now full conqueror and have stacked power...I've seen a definite increase in my healing output rather than stacking alacrity.

Power and alacrity don't compete. So are you stacking pure surge? Is that what's netted higher healing output? I'm genuinely curious, btw.

Think only HPS matters and in that regard I've broken 2k hps a bunch of times and I'm confident I can do more if I don't **** anything up and I'm alive the entire game and granted, ofc, there's stuff to heal.

There was even a screenshot in the merc forums of a guy that did 2.5k hps in ranked, so there's that as well.

Think only HPS matters and in that regard I've broken 2k hps a bunch of times and I'm confident I can do more if I don't **** anything up and I'm alive the entire game and granted, ofc, there's stuff to heal.

There was even a screenshot in the merc forums of a guy that did 2.5k hps in ranked, so there's that as well.

That was a screenshot of 2.5k hps in a regular warzone.

I've healed 1.4m in a reg VS. This game had 2 healers on our team, including me. And I was never guarded or got any peels from dps. The game wasn't a full duration. Probably had 3 mins on clock still. I stack surge/power. I have alacrity only on my earpieces. Edited by General_Aldo

2.5k is 2.5k tho.

It's a shame that it's very rare compared to other healing classes though. I've recently respecced to heals, as I'm so incredibly bored of Arsenal (a spec I never liked anyway) and though it's definitely more fun than the other healing classes, its also definitely weaker. Highest I've hit so far is 1.6k hps on 1.4million heals. In the same wz there was a operative that did 2.1k hps and around 2million heals. My gear isn't right yet but Operatives just have an easier time dealing with incoming dmg in my experience. Having continual stacks of TA on an operative is quite easy and energy management is far easier than heat management when under heavy fire or on long fights..

I'm sure i'll increase my output as experience in Merc healing gets better, along with my gear, but it will never be as good as or as in demand as an operative or even a Sorc.

Edited by Molltor
spelling

while arsenel IS a boring rotation, you hit so hard that the other team will try to take you out asap. so it ought to at least keep you on your toes (literally).

As true as that maybe, Pyro Merc always made more sense in PvP. Yes the reliance on cast to proc rail shot was a bit ****, but it still made more sense as a pvp spec. A talent to cast Power Shot on the move at a cost of say 25-30% damage of PS would've made more sense for the 'mobile' pvp spec of Pyro. Arsenal, as big as a hitter it can be, is just a dull to play spec in my opinion.

I'll stick to healing for now until a fix for Pyro comes, which probably never will, due to to EAware's inability to separate Merc and PT Pyro tree abilities.

/sadpanda