[BUG] SM Dread Fortress - Draxus (Affliction from Guardian ???)

dscount

Okay... We have MULTIPLE Problems here.

1) This is SM and the damage OUT is not in line with SM version (more like HM numbers)

2) HOW are the Guardian's casting Affliction?

3) Just a hair Overtuned for SM version. (Yes.. I'll say it.. NERF SM of this, but keep HM version as-is)

4) Don't nerf it then increase the LOOT drop to 72. Crappy 69 boots for this fight is a joke. HM OP IX is easier. LOL

Took us a while looking at logs and trying to figure out HOW we kept getting affliction after the Corrupters died. Clearly either the SLAM is putting a DOT equal to the HIT that spams for roughly 7 ticks and it's labled wrong or you guys have a really screwed up BUG on the Guardian's. Even with a healing CLEANSING this dot it came right back (Not from the Corrupters either)

23:30:05.647 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 6141 internal (Absorbed 277) damage.

23:30:07.637 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 5456 internal (Absorbed 962) damage.

23:30:09.638 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 5456 internal (Absorbed 962) damage.

23:30:11.062 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 6418 internal damage.

23:30:11.647 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 6418 internal damage.

23:30:13.252 Guardian of the Fortress hits you with Affliction for 6418 internal damage.

I would say we have an ISSUE. SLAM is not hitting us here, but it appears the that Guardians some how magically get this ability on top of the nice AOE Slam. Note the 2 second ticks.

This is STORY MODE? PUG groups are supposed to down this boss (Add fight)? LOL 6k ticks on a fight in SM?

NOTE: This is not the damage from the Dread Guard Corrupter(s) either. Same log:

22:43:24.202 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:43:33.433 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 198 internal (Absorbed 35) damage.

22:44:39.884 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 0 internal (Absorbed 233) damage.

22:44:41.484 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:44:43.004 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 198 internal (Absorbed 35) damage.

22:44:47.047 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:44:48.674 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:44:53.775 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:44:55.298 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

22:44:56.913 Dread Guard Corrupter hits you with Afflict for 233 internal damage.

There have been numerous posts about the bug/difficulty in general with the encounter, confirmed by many combat logs that the Story Mode 8 man version of the Guardians Affliction DoT hits for almost double than that of the Heroic version.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684969

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684984

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685005

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685345

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685629

I don't believe a 8M Story Mode encounter is meant to be harder than its Hard Mode counterpart? Aside from this bug making it nearly impossible for pugs, the 156 gear rating you suggest would be impossible as well, guilds with 168 gear are having troubles healing through this currently. It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation on this, and get it fixed...or at least say it's working as intended.

Since this issue exists we went to DP instead and actually discovered another SM only bug, the healing challenge on Raptus is impossible to win. There are a bunch of threads on that as well, it is much easier on Hard Mode. Well I should say, it's possible to complete on HM vs impossible on SM lol. I can't believe there were absolutely NO ops tweaks in this patch. At least the Raptus bug isn't the end of the world...just makes the boss slightly more harder.

The Mass Affliction DoT cast by the Corruptor is bugged in that it is dealing more damage than intended after the Corruptor is dead. Currently, this is to be fixed in Game Update 2.4.2.

Uh ... the MASS AFFLICTION cast by the Corruptors is bugged?

We have been discussing the AFFLICTION cast by the Guardians of the Fortress with parsers that show it is ticking more in 8-MAN STORY MODE than it is in 8-man Hard Mode or 16-man Story Mode.

The mass affliction is interruptable and cleansable.

Please confirm as I am hoping you made a typo.

The Mass Affliction DoT cast by the Corruptor is bugged in that it is dealing more damage than intended after the Corruptor is dead. Currently, this is to be fixed in Game Update 2.4.2.

While this might also be true, this isn't the issue we are having.

Correct.. It's NOT the corrupters, but I think they are saying the bug on the GUARDIANS is happening AFTER the corrupters are dead.

Unless I'm reading it wrong. The Guardians as per the LOG FILE are the issue with the "Affliction" DOT not the "Afflict" from Mass Affliction cast by the corrupters.

BIOWARE? Can you confirm? Cause the DOT is from the Guardians and NOT the Corruptors cast.

Edited by dscount

Amber-

Can you CLARIFY please? Mass Affliction DoT cast by the Corruptor is bugged

It's not them.. it's the Guardians. (In the log files at least) Would be nice to do this in 8 man again with PUG's since 16 man is the only "Quick / Easy" way thru the fight. LOL

Edited by dscount

• Dev Post

Thanks for the follow up posts, folks, and I'm sorry that my post was unclear! It looks like it was cut short, and I didn't notice before moving on. However, I'd intended to both let you know that there is actually an issue with Corruptor damage during this encounter that we've locked down as well as to tell you the following:

The bug where the Guardian of the Fortress Affliction ability is causing WAY too much damage per tick is fixed in Game Update 2.4.1, which is intended to be the very next patch!

Again, my apologies for not being more careful! It was totally not my intention to troll you guys - that's something better left for Mr. Musco. >.<

(And on a only-semi-related note, we're looking into some issues with creating and editing posts on the Forums.)

Thanks for the follow up posts, folks, and I'm sorry that my post was unclear! It looks like it was cut short, and I didn't notice before moving on. However, I'd intended to both let you know that there is actually an issue with Corruptor damage during this encounter that we've locked down as well as to tell you the following:

The bug where the Guardian of the Fortress Affliction ability is causing WAY too much damage per tick is fixed in Game Update 2.4.1, which is intended to be the very next patch!

Again, my apologies for not being more careful! It was totally not my intention to troll you guys - that's something better left for Mr. Musco. >.<

(And on a only-semi-related note, we're looking into some issues with creating and editing posts on the Forums.)

Excellent news.

Thank you for getting back to us.

Now, for the others that have posted here (and elsewhere): have you seen this issue with the mass affliction? My guild didn't (but that obviously means nothing to anyone but us).

• Dev Post
Excellent news.

You're welcome. Sorry for trollin'

Now, for the others that have posted here (and elsewhere): have you seen this issue with the mass affliction? My guild didn't (but that obviously means nothing to anyone but us).

I didn't figure it was commonly known nor happened as commonly in the encounter as the Guardian bug. Nonetheless, we have it locked down internally, and I'll throw it on the Known Issues so folks know we don't need new reports. Honestly, I may not have mentioned it if it weren't called out in the OP, but then you'd have had a blank reply and that wouldn't have been good either! :)

Not really, although we quickly adopted a strategy of treating the Corruptors as kill/interrupt priority #1, so only really see mass affliction complete if we screwed up and are well on our way to a wipe anyway. The requirement to interrupt mass affliction always occurred to us as an intended mechanic, not a bug. But I suppose if the damage from it in 2.4.2 is significantly less, maybe we'll start prioritizing other targets.

Thanks for the update - I'm glad it will be fixed. But what about the healing challenge on Raptus in Dread Palace being hardest to heal in 8M SM, any updates on that?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684931

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685673

This seemed to be fixed in the previous patch. In our 8-man SM last night, our healers had no issue at all keeping the NPC up, and in fact we needed to bring our off-healing DPS back into the DPS challenge as it seemed to get a bit tougher. That mob took us ~11 seconds to kill last night, rather than 2 seconds like the previous week.

Excellent news.

I never noticed I healed it the day it came out (merc) with a op healer it was tuff we wiped 6 or 7 times on that fight but most of that was just due to raid positioni and awareness I rather enjoyed it honestly.

p.s. yes our raid team can clear NiM content. And if not for our op healer hitting 4400 HpS we would have been doomed

needs nerf for SM thank amber for the response.