We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

"Finally reaches lvl 40 legacy...*

Well.....this sucks

Shouldn't the journey be the reward and not some rest stop along the way?

I simply don't think you have a right to comment on people asking for high-legacy rewards, seeing as yours isn't even into the double digits yet.

The real journey begins at 55, or so I am told. So it only makes sense to want to get underway as soon as possible.

Don't listen to what you're told. Levelling is the best part of SWToR. Endgame is enough to keep you occupied for a couple of months, depending on how you pace this "journey". I'm a PvP fan, and I run a lot of classes to help me get some diversity. Got 5 55s (would have had 7 if not for rerolls), and I still greatly enjoy SWToR levelling.

Also, levelling is an integral part for people to learn their specs/classes. I've seen people at 55 who don't use half of their skills and complain that the content (as in solo daily quests) is too hard. Not even mentioning Makeb story bosses, especially on the Imp side.

Edited by Helig

I simply don't think you have a right to comment on people asking for high-legacy rewards, seeing as yours isn't even into the double digits yet.

Then I would absolutely encourage those people to go and create a thread, with a relevant title, and formulate a positive interaction with BW and request they be taken seriously. I did that very thing at the start of this thread and got my response within 10 minutes. Then again, I did not fly off the handle and toss out insults in a condescending tone either. I am not your enemy. I am just another player who is enjoying the MMO in my own way.

For all the people who claim to enjoy the game or whatnot im shocked that so many people are spending time on the forums debating instead of in game especially during double exp weekends...just saying.

I got called in to work for a few hours today to cover for someone, otherwise I would be on The Harbinger right now working my way past Nar Shaddaa. :D

Casual gamers dominate the MMO market. Even if I am not there, there will be a thousand players just like me already signed up on launch day. Plus, I have money to burn, I might just join all three and see what they have to offer. If they open a cash system there as well, who knows... I might just have to buy one of everything just to see what it all looks like. So go ahead, add me to ignore. You are only doing me a favor. Cause you sound less like a hardcore gamer and more like the bully at the back of the school bus.

LOL there are thousands? try less than a hundred. I'm not a bully. I'm one of those hardcore gamer who are protecting the integrity of the game. If we don't talk and simply suck up what Bioware wants to do the game, then the game will flop and lose its integrity but allowing those gamers get ahead of us. You can call us elitist but we are those that wants the game to succeed.

Don't count yourself as casual gamers. I know a lot of casual gamers who doesn't want to buy their way through. I'm sure casual gamers spends more time than you in playing than posting on this thread.

Again, you are not a casual gamer. You are one of those lazy gamers who wants the easy way route. So please, stop calling yourself a casual gamer. Thanks.

I got called in to work for a few hours today to cover for someone, otherwise I would be on The Harbinger right now working my way past Nar Shaddaa. :D

Thank you for letting us know you're in Nar Shadaa. I'll be on the lookout and block you the moment I know it's you on the fleet.

Good luck playing "your game".

Yep that's right.. so wait... Bioware is listening to ONE guy over the amount of people that are not agreeing with this thread? come on Bioware. We are your loyal fans, we spent money on packs, and then you're giving us the middle finger by listening to one guy who doesn't even play your games that well? Come on....

Maybe because I know how to phrase my inquiries in a mature and professional manner. I don't load my question or give the Devs any reason to pause and speculate about my intentions. It's amazing the people they listen and respond to when people take the time to act like adults and formulate a positive thread with a reasonable request.

How is "My Legacy Level is worthless" even close to being on topic with "BW - Please respond about a CM companion"? I get the correlation that people are upset and one caused the other. But asking BW about Legacy improvements in a thread long abandoned by them after answering my question is like taking a leak on a forest fire, it makes no difference and has no impact. A new thread, with an on topic title such as "Legacy Levels: Worth It or Worthless?" would likely grab more attention and gain more momentum, rather than some backstreet debate over casual gaming and the CM market.

I find it mildly humorous you ignored 90% of my post. Almost makes me want to ignore 100% of yours. Legacy level requirements are related to Treek. I'm sorry you don't know that, but I enjoy the fact that it sheds a spotlight all over your ignorance.

Thank you for letting us know you're in Nar Shadaa. I'll be on the lookout and block you the moment I know it's you on the fleet.

Good luck playing "your game".

I'll give you a hint, he's a Cyborg Jedi Knight who has every Legacy Perk unlocked via CCs including Mail and Repair Droids. :)

I find it mildly humorous you ignored 90% of my post. Almost makes me want to ignore 100% of yours. Legacy level requirements are related to Treek. I'm sorry you don't know that, but I enjoy the fact that it sheds a spotlight all over your ignorance.

And your narrow-mindedness astounds me. This is bigger than Treek. Legacy Level 40+ should mean something, REGARDLESS of what CM items are released. Legacies at 40+ should be privileged to a variety of CM items AND Legacy Unlocks which have a Cash or CC option attached to them. Treek may have opened the flood gates, but there is still PLENTY of time to get your thread in front of BW before the release of 2.4 and ask in a reasonable manner for some things that should be available for high level legacy ONLY which could be FREE / Unlocked with CC / or Unlocked with Creds. This is a great opportunity to finally be heard and to use Treek as a platform for discussion, and not just a crutch for complaining. Think about it... for just a minute.

I understand that most of the frustration probably has to do with the fact that legacy levels have been worthless pretty much since the feature was point in but as far as Treek goes.. Im alright with us having options and in no way does it effect my game exp whatsoever, I mean its not like im going to write to every person i see with Treek and ask "HOW YOU GET IT!???" it really doesnt impact any of us so we should all be glad that we atleast have options on how to get her.

Something we can agree on :D

Absolutely :) I think we agree on more than you know. I understand frustrations and tempers have been running high as of late, but I still enjoy things like National Lampoons, Spaceballs (and other Mel Brooks films, Airplane (and other spoofs), and general nerd humor. I happen to be a nerd, so it works out well. :D

HK-51 costs 1 mil credits to unlock per character

While this is true, you can avoid paying the Cartel Coins and the credits by redoing HK-51's questline. Treek, I presume, has no such option.

Edited by idnewton

I might be a part of one problem, but as a Subscriber, I am a part of the solution for the other issue

As I said, you can't attach a note to your subscription saying that "this money is so you can change the direction of the game and develop new content"

Being someone who subscribes and buys more than the average player's worth of fluff from the CM, makes you re-enforce the cheap win quality of product that we are getting. It's not challenging it, it's supporting it.