Cartel packs false advertising

FlyinSpaghetti

So I got my monthly coins and decided to check out the cartel packs once more considering there's not much of interest for the 500 coins I get a month. Last cartel packs I bought only really dropped the ubrikki speeders and other junk so I got a blockade runner pack hoping for something different, wasn't expecting any of the fancy items to drop but considering it says:

http://i49.tinypic.com/dwamfp.png

... I was hoping it would give different bonus items entirely.

Here's what I received:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34qa9aq.png

Same items drop in both packs, it may be trash but still the same trash. Bioware could at least change the wording from "contains" to "could contain" as there's no guarantee that you'll get something that doesn't drop in another pack, the text on the market for these packs is misleading and I'm glad I don't pay real money on the cartel market.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain White color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain Cyan-Blue color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain any of the droid pets(not the atmosphere probe), blurrgs, or the tundra cat? Those are bonus items.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain the Diplomat's Hoverchair? No. That's a bonus item.

It isn't false advertising, because there are indeed bonus items (look above).

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain White color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain Cyan-Blue color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain any of the droid pets(not the atmosphere probe), blurrgs, or the tundra cat? Those are bonus items.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain the Diplomat's Hoverchair? No. That's a bonus item.

It isn't false advertising, because there are indeed bonus items (look above).

Hey, this is the internet. The truth, and easily verified facts have no place in an uninformed rant.

So I got my monthly coins and decided to check out the cartel packs once more considering there's not much of interest for the 500 coins I get a month. Last cartel packs I bought only really dropped the ubrikki speeders and other junk so I got a blockade runner pack hoping for something different, wasn't expecting any of the fancy items to drop but considering it says:

Here's what I received:

Same items drop in both packs, it may be trash but still the same trash. Bioware could at least change the wording from "contains" to "could contain" as there's no guarantee that you'll get something that doesn't drop in another pack, the text on the market for these packs is misleading and I'm glad I don't pay real money on the cartel market.

Misleading does not equal false

Is it misleading? YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Is it false advertising? Maybe.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Here's what I received:

I see you got a Ball Toss. Which doesn't drop in Crime Lords Packs.

Did you get Splinter of a Rakata Stronghold in one of the other packs? If not, it is not anywhere near false advertising. I do not ever recall getting that in the Crime Lord packs. I could be wrong though. Either way, I would bet that there are items in each type of pack that are not included in others. There for, not false advertising at all. Just a gamble and a roll that results in some of the same items that are found in the different packs.

I see you got a Ball Toss. Which doesn't drop in Crime Lords Packs.

They most certainly did. I got a bunch of them from BOTH packs. There is a bunch of junk drop duplicates, its annoying. Is it "false advertising"? no... the OP doesn't know what that means. However, it sucked to get some of the same crap (that isn't worth 100 credits due to oversaturation) from the new pack.

Here's what I received:

You dont seem to know the definition of false advertising

Did you get Splinter of a Rakata Stronghold in one of the other packs?

Yes I'm pretty sure it dropped in one the cartel packs as well but that's not a bonus item that a crafting material. I'm on about the things like the speeders and special gear etc.

Even if they are trash they should be different trash, they should of changed the drop tables for bonus items entirely not just swap out a chair or a crystal.

You dont seem to know the definition of false advertising

From wikipedia:

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

How is it misleading? It doesn't say it contains ONLY items not found in other Cartel Packs.

Just because you lack the ability to read and comprehend does not make the statement misleading.

How is it misleading? It doesn't say it contains ONLY items not found in other Cartel Packs.

Just because you lack the ability to read and comprehend does not make the statement misleading.

It's misleading because it doesn't say "could contain", by saying just "contains" it puts out the wrong message to the customer that they are going to get something different entirely than they would from the other packs when there is no guarantee they will.

It's misleading because it doesn't say "could contain", by saying just "contains" it puts out the wrong message to the customer that they are going to get something different entirely than they would from the other packs when there is no guarantee they will.

And there is nothing stating that you are guaranteed to get ONLY different items, either. You assumed. it's YOUR fault you misunderstood, not EA/Biowares. If this was an issue on day 1 of the new pack release I might understand, but these days, if you don't research a purchase online before putting money down you're a fool at best.

Quit complaining and get some common sense.

And there is nothing stating that you are guaranteed to get ONLY different items, either. You assumed. it's YOUR fault you misunderstood, not EA/Biowares. If this was an issue on day 1 of the new pack release I might understand, but these days, if you don't research a purchase online before putting money down you're a fool at best.

Quit complaining and get some common sense.

Firstly if you read the OP I said I didn't put any real money down, I used my free cartel coins therefore I lost nothing of real value, however in a way this was my research as to see the difference between these packs and what they had to offer before even considering to put real money on them, in that sense it doesn't make me the fool.

I only feel for the poor sod out there who wastes real money on buying these packs only to get a ton of the same level 10 speeders reskinned and some crappy toys nobody wants. The fact that to buy these packs with real money you'd have to spend at least £2.99 on coins just to buy one indicates that this isn't value for money. I've seen games that have fully fledged DLC for that cost or not much more yet the consumer for this game is expected to roll on items with a rare chance of actually getting them?

It's a whole scam, a blatent cash grab by someone with no pride in their product and to top it off (and the whole reason for this thread) bar one or two items swapped around there's nothing different from these packs. They couldn't even be bothered to change what drops in them entirely, it stinks of laziness and poor decisions from whoever thought these packs were a good idea, considering they wanted to grab cash of us consumers they could of least put a little more effort into the pack to ensure that we don't feel like we are getting taken for a ride.