The GREATEST Non-Force Users!

You mean the other way around. :p But quite...shall go fill them in, I guess it was easier then I though....hmm...well...you sure GG should be 1st and not Durge? Given their capabilities? I mean I would take it, that GG would be however...there are 2 different versions of GG here, the perfect one which would more then likely take the #1 spot because....he never seemed to fail. Then the more down to earth one, where he wasn't perfect but he was still ok and not being flawless.
Well we have to take both envisionings of Grievous into account and I think they are fairly compatible. One thing I will say is that Grievous seemed far more adept at combating multiple Force users, likely because he can use his multiple appendages to their fullest potential - yet against a single opponent this advantage is lost somewhat.

Despite this, who exactly has Grievous failed against? Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the most exceptional lightsaber duelists of the era? Asajj Ventress? An equally exceptional duelist? Most of the Jedi Grievous has faced were Jedi Masters on the Jedi Council, and yet he gives all of them a run for their money and even manages to score a few hits. I'd say his dueling skills are almost on par with Asajj Ventress, and that's not counting his physical strength and maneuverability.

I don't think Durge would be able to handle Grievous. I see Grievous being able to deflect any projectiles Durge sends his way, or otherwise dodge them. You'll notice that in his duel with Kenobi he's just getting out more and more weapons and Kenobi just keeps slashing them up. Times that by 4. The only real advantage Durge had over Kenobi was superior strength and his ability to regenerate. Yet Grievous' incredibly durability and maneuverability will protect him from the former, and the latter, well Grievous can just pinwheel him to pieces.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be noted that according to Greivous's history he defeated both Durge and Ventress in a 2 on one duel cut Durge's head off..... which knocked him out he asked Dooku if he wanted him to throw them out the air lock for their failure. Its what won him the title of General of the army.

Well we have to take both envisionings of Grievous into account and I think they are fairly compatible. One thing I will say is that Grievous seemed far more adept at combating multiple Force users, likely because he can use his multiple appendages to their fullest potential - yet against a single opponent this advantage is lost somewhat.

Despite this, who exactly has Grievous failed against? Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the most exceptional lightsaber duelists of the era? Asajj Ventress? An equally exceptional duelist? Most of the Jedi Grievous has faced were Jedi Masters on the Jedi Council, and yet he gives all of them a run for their money and even manages to score a few hits. I'd say his dueling skills are almost on par with Asajj Ventress, and that's not counting his physical strength and maneuverability.

I don't think Durge would be able to handle Grievous. I see Grievous being able to deflect any projectiles Durge sends his way, or otherwise dodge them. You'll notice that in his duel with Kenobi he's just getting out more and more weapons and Kenobi just keeps slashing them up. Times that by 4. The only real advantage Durge had over Kenobi was superior strength and his ability to regenerate. Yet Grievous' incredibly durability and maneuverability will protect him from the former, and the latter, well Grievous can just pinwheel him to pieces.

I guess....though when did Grevious lose to Ventress? Must have missed that somewhere.

Anyway added em, so who should get the #3?

Edit: Actually not him, he maybe Force Sensitive....so...hmm...IG-88?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I guess....though when did Grevious lose to Ventress? Must have missed that somewhere.

Anyway added em, so who should get the #3? I'm gonna throw in my nomination and that being Kir Kanos, the most wanted man in the galaxy, Imperial Guardsman and one hell of a fighter.

In an episode of the TCW,
specifically.

As for Kir Kanos, seems a very strong contender. He did after all take on a Force user and win.

In an episode of the TCW,
specifically.

As for Kir Kanos, seems a very strong contender. He did after all take on a Force user and win.

Ah, but nah decided against Kanos he may have been Force Sensitive so withdrawing him out. I mean not Force Sensitive in the sense that he throws around stuff, but he has done some interesting things which may suggest. Anyway changing it to IG-88 for nomination of 3.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

To be honest, rankings such as these are meaningless. The thread starter typically sticks to his/her own perceptions rather then keeping an open mind; end-result is more of an opiniated list rather then based on merit.

Anyways, some to consider:

- HK-47

- Calo Nord

- Mandalore: The Ultimate

- Mandalore: The Preserver

- Cipher Nine

- Cassus Fett

- Bobba Fett

- Jango Fett

- T3: M4

- T7: 01

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

To be honest, rankings such as these are meaningless. The thread starter typically sticks to his/her own perceptions rather then keeping an open mind; end-result is more of an opiniated list rather then based on merit.

Anyways, some to consider:

- HK-47

- Calo Nord

- Mandalore: The Ultimate

- Mandalore: The Preserver

- Cipher Nine

- Cassus Fett

- Bobba Fett

- Jango Fett

- T3: M4

- T7: 01

Any particular reasons? Though...I am unsure of some of them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I would disagree, we've almost completed a list for most powerful Force users and its a list that I'd think the majority of people would agree with.

I doubt Wolf already has a list in his head, such things can only be hashed out through prolonged discussion..

Ah, but nah decided against Kanos he may have been Force Sensitive so withdrawing him out. I mean not Force Sensitive in the sense that he throws around stuff, but he has done some interesting things which may suggest. Anyway changing it to IG-88 for nomination of 3.
Oh really? Well IG-88 would seem the next strongest candidate. That said, I think he could take on and defeat Durge - in fact I think quite of lot of people could.

Oh really? Well IG-88 would seem the next strongest candidate. That said, I think he could take on and defeat Durge - in fact I think quite of lot of people could.

Eh...not entirely sure on IG-88 beating Durge, he is one of my fav non-force users and so is Durge but I dunno. The only weapons I could think of, that would hurt Durge is IG-88's pulse cannon and perhaps thermal detonators. Durge's healing factor and durability is rather ridiculous, the guy took a point blank shot from a clone and wasn't really harmed in the slightest aswell as taking lightsabers with ill effect.

I was kinda giving Durge the #2 spot based on what he has done, along with his healing factor, speed and lethality.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Eh...not entirely sure on IG-88 beating Durge, he is one of my fav non-force users and so is Durge but I dunno. The only weapons I could think of, that would hurt Durge is IG-88's pulse cannon and perhaps thermal detonators. Durge's healing factor and durability is rather ridiculous, the guy took a point blank shot from a clone and wasn't really harmed in the slightest aswell as taking lightsabers with ill effect.

I was kinda giving Durge the #2 spot based on what he has done, along with his healing factor, speed and lethality.

That is true, IG-88 might just have to settle for #3 Edited by Beniboybling

That is true, IG-88 might just have to settle for #2

You mean #3, but we still need to have some more views on who else could get the #3 spot. Reasons for IG-88 I have are..

- Extremely fast reflexes even by droid standards, was able to calculate the trajectory of a blaster shot and deflect it, all done in microseconds. Also being agile and quick.

- A **** ton of weaponry

- When activated he killed his creators and any others within seconds, before activating the other 3 and them just killing their way out.

- Made Boba Fett having to actually take him by surprise rather then a straight up confrontation(which is rather odd considering he can see a full 360 degrees but I guess i'll take that to the writing.)

- Armor nearly impenetrable from attack.

- Extreme physical strength

- Becoming the 2nd best bounty hunter in the galaxy, right behind Fett.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

IG-88 at number three for sure. Though, shouldn't it be Boba Fett because he bested IG? I never liked that he did, so I would be perfectly fine with IG at number three.

Boba only bested IG due to having prep in hitting him with placed military ion weaponry, he never really fought IG-88 in a direct confrontation because he knew that wouldn't have been good.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Boba only bested IG due to having prep in hitting him with placed military ion weaponry, he never really fought IG-88 in a direct confrontation because he knew that wouldn't have been good.

Ah, right. Well, by all means then, put IG at the #3 spot.

This is for ground combat only BBP. :p Fel is a pilot. I can't change the title though, but the OP does say this. I will however do a pilot one, and will keep Fel in mind.

You'll rue the day Trebek.

i was wondering,what your opinion of Cipher Nine is?I mean even if this is the part of the forum ,which deals less with the old Republic ,SWTOR is still a legitimate part of Star Wars.

Who has better fighting skills especially vs force users than him?In my opinion no one.The bh protagonist comes close,he may be better at other combat areas,but vs force users,Cipher Nine is most qualified.

Same goes for other bounty hunter or mandalorians.

By the way if we are talking about combat skills in general,mandalorians are first.

If we are talking about wide range of areas,a bunch of politicians must be included.One hut that was a great chancellor of the republic in its comparatively early ears comes to mind.Forgot his name.

Edited by Kaedusz

i was wondering,what your opinion of Cipher Nine is?I mean even if this is the part of the forum ,which deals less with the old Republic ,SWTOR is still a legitimate part of Star Wars.

Who has better fighting skills especially vs force users than him?In my opinion no one.

I mean..I can't really give an opinion of Cipher Nine given his combat stuff is mostly see of what the player has done. There isn't canoncial evidence of how the fights went down, so...I just have a hard time giving an opinion to a player character because Cipher Nine could be played in different ways...also the AC could be different who knows. Heck, Cipher Nine could have done vastly different things outside of game mechanics.

I would prefer to stick with characters that have actual lore evidence behind them, because it could change vastly what the character has done and what they are capable of.

But anyway were talking about combat abilities/skills in general, what the character is capable of and so forth.

Seeing as its been more then a few hrs, and no one really nominated a #3 spot, nominations for #4 is open.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Boba Fett

There really should be no explanation required here. He should be in the top 3, bare minimum.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Possibly the best military strategist of all time.

R2-D2

Seriously. How many times did this little droid save someone's bacon? Lots.

Edited by TheronFett

Boba Fett

There really should be no explanation required here. He should be in the top 3, bare minimum.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Possibly the best military strategist of all time.

R2-D2

Seriously. How many times did this little droid save someone's bacon? Lots.

well since this is a combat thread the last 2 really wouldn't count I guess they would go for a utility thread if he wanted to do one after a pilot thread.