Point of Cartel Titles?

AshlaBoga

Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?

Stuff like "The Blockade Runner" or "The Skip Tracer" doesn't make me want to buy it - it makes me wonder why people do buy it. The people I've asked say they do it for completion (they have all the other titles or are working on them) but couldn't they just get all the non-CM titles?

There's something tacky about titles you bought, feels too much like real life:p

My guess is they are junk to fill up the packs. If the packs only had good things people would stop buying them when they got what they want. However fill them with junk and a few gems and people will keep buying them.

This ^

They bait you in with the prospect of a big win.

I'm not entirely sure what a skip tracer is even supposed to be. :o

well in a vernacular - its a bounty hunter that catches accused of crime, who posted a bail using bail bonds service, and then didn't show up for court date - skipping it. so you are literally tracing a skip.

one of my bounty hunters is most likely will be spotting that title, just because :D

but in general, the point of titles is fun. but I doubt anyone buys cartel packs specifically for titles.

well in a vernacular - its a bounty hunter that catches accused of crime, who posted a bail using bail bonds service, and then didn't show up for court date - skipping it. so you are literally tracing a skip.

one of my bounty hunters is most likely will be spotting that title, just because :D

Oh thank you! I had visions of some prized diamond necklace ending up in a skip - in a large bin / garbage container - and people hunting all over for that valuable skip. :D Your version makes a lot more sense. :)

It's another way to display your digital bling to everybody. You have a cartel title, which cost you either cash or a large portion of in-game credits. It's a bit of a reflection on how titles became purchasable in our history, abandoning the idea of earning it and rising throug the ranks.

There is nothing wrong with it, just an interesting observation.

Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?

Stuff like "The Blockade Runner" or "The Skip Tracer" doesn't make me want to buy it - it makes me wonder why people do buy it. The people I've asked say they do it for completion (they have all the other titles or are working on them) but couldn't they just get all the non-CM titles?

There's something tacky about titles you bought, feels too much like real life:p

The whole title thing is kinda useless and it's a shame. I like collecting stuffs, such as titles, you know for show-off. But since there is no way for people to actually see the other titles you have acquired, it's pointless. Except for gear there's no way to show your achievement to the world in this game.

I miss my badges from SWG and the whole Collection deal.

Edited by demotivator

So it's a good way to identify the people with more credits/CCs than sense? In that case, kudos to BW for making it easy to know who to avoid.

/thread

Most titles sells under 100k, if you think thats a lot of credits you might want to start playing the game lol.

Havent used my CC since the initial starter boost we get in November, its not worth it when i can buy everything on the GTN.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Most titles sells under 100k, if you think thats a lot of credits you might want to start playing the game lol.

Havent used my CC since the initial starter boost we get in November, its not worth it when i can buy everything on the GTN.

Crime Lord sells for 400k on my server. It varies by server (mind you I could afford a couple of those, but it would just be tacky).

Edited by AshlaBoga

Crime Lord sells for 400k on my server. It varies by server (mind you I could afford a couple of those, but it would just be tacky).

yeah and crime lord is the more expensive title. most of the others are dirt cheap I picked up skip tracer for only 40k credits on ebon hawk yesterday