I can't do it.

Faolon

I just cannot play a non-force user.

I've tried. I've gotten a couple into the 40s, but it was a long road filled with constantly switching back to my Jedi.

Every time I try and level up a new non-force user, I see lightsabers all over the place and have to go back. I want to shoot stuff with two pistols, I really do. I want to play the cowboy with the trench coat, fedora and revolvers... but the lightsabers, they call to me.

I have played all classes, first I started out with the force users, because I though "it's star wars" and when I started playing my nonforceusers I loved their perspective on the whole force user-society

now I like to play all classes (maybe except for the sage, that dirty little stone thrower)

I agree in a way---after leveling all of the distinctive class stories once---I find the in-close saber battles much more interesting in the level grind than the almost entirely ranged toons. I love playing my Sith Warrior the most---with the Inq and Consular closely behind.

Imperial Agent here.

I once was like you, strictly attuned to the force-users. I was on beta and have a Founder title. My first 50 was jedi Shadow (the very first toon was Jedi Consular on the beta but I deleted him because he was Miraluka and I just cant stand this creepy blind eyes). That was fun, really. I just like double-bladed lightsabers (run both KotORs with one). I just like a Jedis because... well... i-want-to-be-a-Jedi thing you know, the movies and all stuff. And I like mages and always play as a mage in RPGs.

And I always was a true Republic fan, because, you know, the Empire is evil and the Sith are bad.

But there was a couple of friends that played on another server, and I said "why not", and created a char on ToFN. An Imperial Agent. Why? I cannot said exactly why. I just did it. Imperial force-users was too dark for me, too cruel, so I chose non-forceuser.

And i fall. Not to the dark side. On the shadow side.

And this was amazing. To live a life of a simple man surrounded by force-sparkling-lightsaber-wielding-demi-gods. A simple man that can pull the strings. A soldier of duty that goes where Empire send him, an invisible shadow that can fix all the mess Big Guys make. Force? Yup this is great tool but... remember what old good Darth Kreya said? Its not just a tool, it commands us. Lightsaber? A great weapon but well-placed sniper shot and vibroknive in a throat isnt a bad alternative.

And I understand one simple thind. The Republic, the Empire... The dark and light side... They are different sides of the same coin. There are not good and bad guys. They are all bad (place IA giggle here).

I have an 55 Sniper and Operative and 52 powertech (that's another story, I like BHs because they are so independent). Non-force-users are great, now I understand this.

(please excuse me for my English)

Funny, I had a very difficult time getting used to carrying around glowsticks outside of party. Imagine the pain I went through having Shadow as my favourite class. Stances didn't work with Electrostaffs and I was non-stop forced to wave around the biggest glowstick of all, praying peace whilst murdering everything I came around unless it was in a cinametic. Imperial Agent and Smuggler's also made me feel so much more epic than the force-using demi-gods.

I play a class for the playstyle though rather than what they are. I slowly got used to lightsabers aswell. And if you can't stand non-force users, stick with your Sith/Jedi's. :)

Before I get the question, my ex really wanted to play a game together, so we agreed on SWTOR. I got hooked.

Edited by Gloomycakes

It makes a change for me to not be a Magic or force wielding character, in most games I always use fire where I can which often means being some kind of fire mage. In SWTOR I get to be a heavily armored bounty hunter with a Flamethrower although I do get the urge to play Sith classes I'd rather just set things on fire... Muwahaha.

I figured I might feel this way. That's why, having just signed up a few days ago I picked the Trooper class. Do the grunt work, be a soldier, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir type for now. Kick butt with force powers and glowsticks later.

It helps that I can really get into the Trooper storyline though. :)

really have you played bounty hunter cause it has a few things going for it 1 great/funny story 2 awesome attack animations,

Yeah, I had been messing around with Jedi and Sith for ages and enjoying it (about a year, off and on). But as soon as I created my Bounter Hunter I felt that the game was suddenly ten times more fun.

Edited by PLynkes