Weird stuff going on...

1st off, i apologize for the use of explicit language.

2nd, this part is for BW developers:

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=nGaGU-apHoKi8wfaqoDoCg#q=swtor+hacks+2014

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=J2qGU66MEYqi8wfdroCQCw#q=galactic+starfighter+hacks

if i can use Google to find those, i hope you dudes/dudettes know it also.

3rd, these are my observations in GSF that weird stuff is going on (I have been observing for that past few months. I wanted to make sure before i started this thread).

Domination: flying a mastered warcarrier (full shields / green hull), 1x scout flies up to me, launches 1x cluster missile volley and bam, no shields, orange hull / "Love-Taps" from GS and bam, i am dead / At times, it looks like a strike or GS has unlimited engine power (i know about a scout build that comes close to that, but a strike or GS? come on...)

Domination / TDM: Pilots are hitting me without having me as there target and nobody else is close / I unload ion cannons at 2 Km or less and shield is not affected / Ships within 5 Km of me suddenly disappear from my map and target (And no, they were not shot down) / I launch a sabotage probe at a GS, hit him (or her) and said GS flies off like nothing happened

It doesn't happen in every match i have, but now it is starting to get ridiculous, especially in the past 2 weeks. If you have to hack to beat a game, TU ES UN CRISS D'OSTIE DE TABARNAK DE CAVE (Google translate that 1 for the fun of it...)

And other stuff i have observed. I do not have a video capture on my computer (i wish i had 1, not tech-savvy enough) so i cannot prove anything. These are just my personal observations. If any of you have observed any of these or anything else "weird" going on, this is the thread to mention it.

Those of you on JC that know me know that i am considered an "ace" and i get targeted a lot. All part of the game. So i hope that you realize i am not blowing **** out of my ***. These are real observations i have done and i am getting sick and tired of it.

Wich brings me to another observation: Put yourself in the shoes of a new pilot. You get your *** handed to you on a regular basis. So you either quit or stick with it and get better. Or a 3rd option: you go on Google and find programs that will help you cheat. Not very good or healthy for the GSF community...

So, in conclusion, i hope BW does not stop fighting the good fight against hacking in SWTOR.

PS: If you do not have anything of value to contribute to this thread and just want to troll, DÉCOLLISSE / GET THE F'IN OUT

PPS: I DO NOT encourage the use of ANY hacks and condone ANYBODY who does use them. If you do, YOU SUCK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm BD, that is indeed weird stuff. The only one I can possibly hazard a guess on is getting shot by someone not targeting you. That is actually my MO when I play GS; i think it keeps opponents in the dark re: my intentions for just another split second, which is typically all I need. However, this only works with rail guns (a non-targeted opponents 'box' is just as easy to hit as a target, but that doesn't work for regular primary weapons nor missiles). So if you aren't referring to gunships here...I got nothin'.

As you know, I play on JC too...was even in a few games with you earlier today. And while I'm not in any way saying you're wrong - somehow I haven't witnessed this kind of weird stuff. I'm probably not paying close enough attention. I'll try to look out for things like this in the future. Hacking in GSF would be ridiculously lame.

"a non-targeted opponents 'box' is just as easy to hit as a target, but that doesn't work for regular primary weapons nor missiles"

I was not aware of that. Goes to show you i do not fly a Gunsheep often :D But BW should look into that...

Weird, I came to the forums because I was noticing some weird things today too. I played on a Euro server, which I don't do often. I noticed a ship disappearing; it was behind a rock in partial hull... I hit boost to get to the other side of rock and before I got close... POOF it just disappeared. It may have reappeared somewhere else, but not sure.

The other odd thing, which is likely just a bomber ability, was my teammate on voice comms started shouting that a ship he was chasing in his scout shot him from behind and killed him in one hit. They need to FIX it so that bombers have to be traveling in "slow" in order to drop bombs. In this case, he took a bomb to the face, and a noob scout ship doesn't have much HP.

The Euro server was light on pilots, so we did have likely a mix of fully twinked ships against noobs, however, when you die before you can get in range for 1 shot, it's rather discouraging. I was being killed at over 10km. I also laid over 5k of damage in one single dogfight volley to this one guy, and he just sucked it up and LOL'd me with 1 blast and 1 torp... SPLAT!

Summary: 1 weird ship disappearing spotted. 2. GSF claims to be designed to HAVE to have a target in sights before shooting, which if a bomber can poop bombs in your face while fleeing renders this rule MOOT. If it wasn't a bomber, then there's a reverse/kill hack perhaps.

There are 2 popular sites for gaming hacks, but I don't have memberships to check. 1 is some German forums and the other is Reddit. If someone wants to poke around to see if there is something out there, or just some developer tweaks needed (most likely).

It is possible to hit anyone with any lasers/rail without targeting them. It is hard to do but if you have played enuff WWII flying games you have a better feel for leading your targets. You do have to target all missiles tho.

Its quite fun to shoot down someone who has no idea (unless they hit last attacker button) who's targeting them.

It is possible to hit anyone with any lasers/rail without targeting them. It is hard to do but if you have played enuff WWII flying games you have a better feel for leading your targets. You do have to target all missiles tho.

Its quite fun to shoot down someone who has no idea (unless they hit last attacker button) who's targeting them.

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest this couldn't be done with lasers...it's just much harder to predict where the targeting reticle would be. It's irrelevant with a railgun because there's really no leading necessary.

And yes, it is fun. More fun still: do it with a plasma railgun. The guy getting hit usually has no idea who hit him...then he continues to get "hit"...if I had a dollar for every panicked self-destruct that resulted from this combo, well, I'd have a few bucks.

Edited by MaximilianPower

I've noticed this as well on Pot5. The hack that I see is a jittering one, that causes the user to spazz about the screen making it harder to hit lasers and missiles. Other pilots on Pot5 have also seen this, namely on one particular bomber pilot. Anyway, I hope BW finds and bans the people using these programs. Edited by Omnei

At times, it looks like a strike or GS has unlimited engine power

Can't speak to BD's other observations but I have seen this. I'll be in my speed build Starguard, chasing a GS who seems able to maintain range far longer than it seems he should.

So most of these effects sound like the result of network latency.

"Teleporting" ships, "impossible" one shots (they're actually multiple shots all registering at the same time when the sever reestablishes contact with the client), and a bunch of other weird effects can all be produced by lag spikes.

Common sources are router problems (especially wifi), poor cable connections in the house, ISP problems with their hardware, or the larger servers that form the infrastructure of the internet in the US.

Some people also use various techniques to cause deliberate latency, though it can be as damaging to them as much as it is annoying to you. My favorites are when they either lag themselves into asteroids or don't get the missile launch warnings and eat a proton torpedo to the face.

RenegadeImp has an excellent network connection troubleshooting guide, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=695560

At one point I basically did the same Google search, after reading threads about GSF hacks. I decide to take a stupid risk for the sake of curiosity and I followed some of the result links to look at the websites and read the product descriptions.

When they say "GSF Hack" usually what they're referring to is the version of SWTOR that contains the GSF expansion content. The actual hacks seem to be mostly aimed at hijacking the computers of foolish people, and secondarily at gaining credits and/or cartel coins. I didn't find any that claimed to actually do anything for GSF gameplay. That was a while ago though, so maybe someone has come up with something since then that does affect GSF.

At 1st, i though the same thing: oh, must be server lag or internet lag. But that is y i continued my observations for a few months. Some of those "w.t.f.?" moments keep coming back. Not very often mind you, but enough for me to notice. Hence this thread.

At 1st, i though the same thing: oh, must be server lag or internet lag. But that is y i continued my observations for a few months. Some of those "w.t.f.?" moments keep coming back. Not very often mind you, but enough for me to notice. Hence this thread.

I will definitely rule out lag in my case. I used to deal with lag, am familiar with it, but the disappearing without a death message (by the way those are cool and creepy Hunger Games-esque) without then appearing again within the visual arc is not lag. They also disappeared off of my target "radar". It's not possible to disconnect and reconnect to the game; had a power flicker from a storm once and tried to get back in game, but I could not.

It's simply "weird" as the OP posted, and something to watch for. Maybe there's a bug /shrug.

A week or 2 ago on JC had a gunship who could traverse the whole kuat map in 2-3 seconds. I mean just crazy speed, but it didn't really work out as they self destructed more then they killed.

That always makes me lol. I can tell the difference between lag ("jumpers" across the screen) and a "lag switch" ("jumps" around when targeted, but as soon as you break the target, they stop "jumping". I have tested this on many occasions.) so i usually ignore them as they are a hazard to themselves. But that speed? Maybe somebody was trying out something new and it did not "work as intended" :p

I will definitely rule out lag in my case. I used to deal with lag, am familiar with it, but the disappearing without a death message (by the way those are cool and creepy Hunger Games-esque) without then appearing again within the visual arc is not lag. They also disappeared off of my target "radar". It's not possible to disconnect and reconnect to the game; had a power flicker from a storm once and tried to get back in game, but I could not.

It's simply "weird" as the OP posted, and something to watch for. Maybe there's a bug /shrug.

This is what i mean. Weird stuff going on that makes you go "Huh!?!" Keep an eye out fellow pilots! And if some of you have video capture of 'weird stuff going on", please post it on this thread.

I play GSF most every day and never see any of this except when it's quite obviously lag. If you're a bomber and go form full shields + green hull to no shields + orange hull from 1 set of clusters from a scout, you probably ate a crit from BLC and just didn't realize it. Everything else you mentioned sounds like lag.

I know people keep suggesting that it's lag and it keeps getting dismissed...but it's almost certainly lag. If these things were hacks you'd see the people "using" them do extremely well. As it is, most of the ships I see "teleporting" around are obviously lagging like crazy and their scores reflect as much at the end screen.

Edited by TheGreatSatan

Ive seen some Bomber pilots move like the Starship Enterprise on warp speed.

Funny thing is, they only do it when approaching a Satellite Capture Point, they fly normally after they arrive & start pooping mines.

Ive seen some Bomber pilots move like the Starship Enterprise on warp speed.

Funny thing is, they only do it when approaching a Satellite Capture Point, they fly normally after they arrive & start pooping mines.

That would be them using boost to cross open space in a hurry because they don't want to get slaughtered by scouts, strikes, or gunships.

If they take the slightly unconventional choice of Interdiction drive as an engine component, it gives a short but substantial speed increase on use. It'll make them faster than the fastest scout build for a few seconds.

I agree that there are happening weird things in the GSF sometimes.

The most interesting thing is ability of some ships to be unhitable for long time. Blaster fire and rockets hit the ship but do no damage. Since I have seen this ability mostly on Scouts and one GS, I would bet on some kind of abusing Distortion field. Like some game bug witch alows to use this ability for abnormaly long time.

I have experienced one shot killing from scout or strike a few times during Deathmatch. It was very strange but I have credited it to extremely lucky combination of damage boost and critical hit.

Funny part of this is that people which saying "There is definitely no way how could anyone cheat, that it is just skill" are sometimes convicted for cheating at the end.

I agree that there are happening weird things in the GSF sometimes.

The most interesting thing is ability of some ships to be unhitable for long time. Blaster fire and rockets hit the ship but do no damage. Since I have seen this ability mostly on Scouts and one GS, I would bet on some kind of abusing Distortion field. Like some game bug witch alows to use this ability for abnormaly long time.

I have experienced one shot killing from scout or strike a few times during Deathmatch. It was very strange but I have credited it to extremely lucky combination of damage boost and critical hit.

Funny part of this is that people which saying "There is definitely no way how could anyone cheat, that it is just skill" are sometimes convicted for cheating at the end.

That was most likely the result of damage overcharge buff somebody picked-up during TDM. It can and i have 1-shotted pilots flying a new ship on alts.

I hear claims of cheating often, mostly from new players who don't understand game mechanics.

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time. (BTW you don't need running interference to do this, just used as a max evasion example)

They will be very hard to hit, and this is part of game mechanics not cheats.

You also mentioned being one shotted by scouts and strikes, this is a well known issue and usually stems from two scenarios:

1.) Ship has damage overcharge (deathmatch)

2.) Ship is full upgraded and you are lightly upgraded

In scenario 2 its likely not a one shot either, other shots could have come in at the same time or perhaps you already had some battle damage to shields or hull.

Beyond your examples people often make claims about warping / speedhack cheats. I have played MANY matches and have never seen any hack, only people with varying degrees of lag issues. These people although hard to hit or track down do not do well in any game I have ever seen (and are often the same people day in and day out) this leads me to believe it is lag, if it was hacks they would do better.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole, its disrespectful to the community, insinuating that its not your own skill or knowledge of the game that is responsible for bad games. Its basically the easy way out "its not me, everyone else is hacking!" Which I can assure you from countless games since December is not the case on Bastion or any other server I have played on.

I have run into some very good pilots and not thought even once "hey this guy is a hacker" - I played counterstrike and CoD I know what hackers can do and how they behave. If your new please read the guides in my sig, if not read just stasies component guide (it should help a lot)

Edited by DamascusAdontise

I hear claims of cheating often, mostly from new players who don't understand game mechanics.

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time.

You also mentioned being one shotted by scouts and strikes, this is a well known issue and usually stems from two scenarios:

In scenario 2 its likely not a one shot either, other shots could have come in at the same time or perhaps you already had some battle damage to shields or hull.

Beyond your examples people often make claims about warping / speedhack cheats. I have played MANY matches and have never seen any hack, only people with varying degrees of lag issues. These people although hard to hit or track down do not do well in any game I have ever seen (and are often the same people day in and day out) this leads me to believe it is lag, if it was hacks they would do better.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole, its disrespectful to the community, insinuating that its not your own skill or knowledge of the game that is responsible for bad games. Its basically the easy way out "its not me, everyone else is hacking!" Which I can assure you from countless games since December is not the case on Bastion or any other server I have played on.

I have run into some very good pilots and not thought even once "hey this guy is a hacker" - I played counterstrike and CoD I know what hackers can do and how they behave. If your new please read the guides in my sig, if not read just stasies component guide (it should help a lot)

I think the argument "if they were hacking they would do better" is specious at best. If they were awesome at the game they wouldn't need hacking to begin with in order to win their matches.

If not hacks, then I have at least seen several people with very peculiar lag patterns on Shadowlands. Often times it's a bomber that will suddenly lag as soon as they start taking damage. Observing them fly or open fire on something without engaging them reveals that they basically never lag until under attack. This isn't just me observing it either. When he/she does this, we like to call it "making movies."

Wich brings me to another observation: Put yourself in the shoes of a new pilot. You get your *** handed to you on a regular basis. So you either quit or stick with it and get better.

Same with ground PvP : Some work hard to get all of the good stuff to max out their starships to dominate everyone else. "MOAR POWAH !"

In their opinion its fun to dominate Newbies.

It's time that GSF gets brackets, too.

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time.

Thank you for explaining. But you could save a couple of e-letters. Problem is not in DF itself, problem is in duration of that. Also that this strange behaviour appeared even on the GS.

1) GS with boost is know for ability to one shot strike, but can strike realy one shot another strike?

I consider as one shot killing ship with full shield and hull. Already damaged ship can be hardly considered as one shot since it was obviously already hit.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole...

That´s a pretty big generalization, since no one here said that "every good pilot". I have experienced weird behaviour only in a very very small fraction of all played GSF games. So please don´t fall into "You just don´t understand game mechanics"