Thermal Regulator

cheddarisbetter

I have been running the 2 rich and bountiful missions since patch and have gotten zero thermal regulators. Every 2 hours since patch other then sleep and gotten zero. If that is "working as intended" then I give up.

I have been running the 2 rich and bountiful missions since patch and have gotten zero thermal regulators. Every 2 hours since patch other then sleep and gotten zero. If that is "working as intended" then I give up.

Exactly the same here. I've been queueing the Rich and Bountiful Sliciing missions pretty much constantly since the patch and have got ZERO Thermal Regulators. I'm getting to the point where I feel this has been deliberately stealth nerfed, rather than just broken.

Edited by Cernow

If you are running only the two stages of slicing where tr's drop on a crit, and all your companions are at 10k there is a ~11,5% chance of not getting even one crit within 30(!) runs.

If your companions aren't at 10k, your missing the bonus crit, you are using companions without +slicing crit its absolutely normal to wait for a TR for 50 and more missions.

I currently have done everything to obtain thermal regulators, I have...

1. Re-rolled toons skills to slicing that had a +2 slicing crit companion

2. Maxed out those companions affection, including an HK-51

3. Used nothing less than Rich Yield Slicing Missions

4. Swapped characters back and forth for 16 hours yesterday...

5. Did 30-40 Rich Yield missions

... and you know what I got for my efforts in all this? 4 Thermal Regulators! Four!

That's grand total of 1 successful mission since the patch that apparently fixed the drop issues.... This is bullcrap. I had a +22% chance to crit, so I shoulda crit on at the very very least 5 missions giving me 10 thermal regulators... but I crited on 1!

That is impossibly bad luck. 22% of 40 is not 1... that 2.5%

I propose that a Rich yield missions, since you can only get 1 per hour per character should automatically drop 1 thermal regulator unless the mission completely fails.

How is wealthy mission going to drop 6 on a crit and 2 normal so it atleast drops 30% if you dont crit, but a damn rich yield drops 4 on crit but doesnt even give you 25% if you dont???

Bioware this is simple math. Fix the drop rates, and fix the damn numbers! Attempt number 2... because you failed yet again!

Edited by chriscshunter

sucks that people are getting bad rolls on the slicing mission this last week netted me 24 thermal regulators using my sage with tharian i think his name is and qyzen for the rich and bountiful missions and i don't have that legacy perk nor do i think it even affects the crit chance

• 2 months later...
i get thermals pretty regularly, but i only use one toon with slicing, the robot with zero affection and khem, also very low affection wise, from reading this post it seems slicing farmers are getting the short end of the stick, maybe they put in a weekly or monthly stealth cap per account on thermals, so no matter how many toons you send out, you wont get many more than a guy like me, thats just farming with one toon...

• 1 month later...
Screw the all this math nonsense, its simple as this; My Agent racks up Beryllius np, my BH running 3x as many or more missions still has yet to come up with a single thermal regulator in 3 days. I'm only collecting Bery on side for friend so quite as important as getting myself some damn thermals so I can make augs. Also jack-holes charge way too much on GTN for Thermals, I'd be crafting lvl 55 purple augs at a loss if buy the regulators. :mad:

From 6 slicing toons running only Unclicible (not all have + crit comp but all use comp with 10k affection) most times get 1 crit, sometimes 2 crits, rarely got up to 3... and sometimes 0.

Counted near a month ... crit distribution is around 19% over those 6 toons.

Let say it is 1/6 - calculated cost 6k creds. per TR... sells (if sell at all - last month almost no sell) about 20k with GTN cut.

Price of most augments with cut - 80k credits, total mats cost - 27k.

Most of the time got 1 (or 2) crits on my Armomech - result is about 100k more from augments than selling stack of 20 TRs.

Crafting take much more time (have to grind other mats, queue crafts on comp with max crit).

My luck with UT/TH is lesser than those with TRs... have 2 UT and 2 TH toons on Rich missions - crit rate is near 1/10 not 1/6 at least for me.

As it goes I may swap 1 UT/TH for 2 more slicers ... 1/6 is way better than 1/10

Did they stop dropping again?! I got 4 characters running slicing missions and I got none since last patch, despite sending them out regularly!

No just your bad luck. I only have one slicer at 450 and have gotten several TR results just over this past weekend.

• 3 months later...

I have slicing on my juggernaut, so no extra crit chance on missions there with the companions. Since 2.0 I have at least send all my companions on slicing missions like 20 times (without buying purple ones) so thats's a 100 slicing missions and I haven't got 1 Thermal Regulator.

I don't play the toon as much and the companions I send on the sliced tech parts missions have an affection of around 8500 each atm.

I remember before when you needed Advanced Neural Augmentators that they dropped alot more in comparison.

Working as intended ?

Edited by Jorojus

I have slicing on my juggernaut, so no extra crit chance on missions there with the companions. Since 2.0 I have at least send all my companions on slicing missions like 20 times (without buying purple ones) so thats's a 100 slicing missions and I haven't got 1 Thermal Regulator.

I don't play the toon as much and the companions I send on the sliced tech parts missions have an affection of around 8500 each atm.

I remember before when you needed Advanced Neural Augmentators that they dropped alot more in comparison.

Working as intended ?

Sending all your companion on slicing does no good. Only the Rich mission "Unsliceable" and the Bountiful mission "Watching the Watch Dogs" can get you thermal regs. None of the other slicing missions can yield them.

For the past 40 Rich/Bountiful missions I ran I got grand total of zero. Invested in affection, perks, nothing. I'm over it, rejoice those who crit cause I'll be just getting them from the GTN and geting crits on Tano's Augment-crafting skills which are 10 times more reliable. Edited by Pietrastor

For the past 40 Rich/Bountiful missions I ran I got grand total of zero. Invested in affection, perks, nothing. I'm over it, rejoice those who crit cause I'll be just getting them from the GTN and geting crits on Tano's Augment-crafting skills which are 10 times more reliable.

So you are the 1 in 1000 that got 40 failures in a row. Wow you give up way too easy :p.

For the past 40 Rich/Bountiful missions I ran I got grand total of zero. Invested in affection, perks, nothing. I'm over it, rejoice those who crit cause I'll be just getting them from the GTN and geting crits on Tano's Augment-crafting skills which are 10 times more reliable.

Got 10 thermal regulators just by waking up. 10 Rich, 10 Bountiful over night. Granted, i had better days and i had worse. The thing is, don't give up so easily. On a normal day i make at least 40 thermal regulators with 10 chars. The crafting missions i get through the lockbox missions cover my costs by selling them. And at least every 2 days, i get a slicing mission. Some days ago, i got 2 slicing missions on a single day, yielding at least 12 thermal regulators guaranteed. Sure, that's the sweet side of the pot and sometimes it's just awful. But in the end, i have an average of 40 TR per day with 10 chars, just by spending a couple of minutes every two or three hours.

For that matter, i don't know how many characters you use to run your missions. What i can say, running 10 chars simultaneously with only one or two getting TRs isn't as annoying as running slicing on a single char ten times and getting as much TRs as the ten chars aforementioned. It costs far more time and the small feeling of success you might have (i certainly have it :D ), seeing those TRs smiling from the mission window, happens far too rarely, which in turn can cost the motivation to continue.

My personal point of view on the TR matter is, if you want to run those missions, do it with as much characters you have as possible. Cover your costs by running the lockbox missions as well and sell all crafting missions you get on the GTN (except for the slicing ones).

If you want (or can) invest some time into this during your day, you can earn many, many, many credits. On good days 2-3 millions. And even if you're very very unlucky, chances are that you don't lose any money. And even if you don't have much time, due to work, school, college, kids, hobbies, other games, other real life matters, whatever, it still yields a decent amount of money in form of TRs and missions.