Practical or For Show?

Silenceo

:eek: I calculate that you have exploited some loop hole! :eek: You never let us get away with any loop holes... :(:(:mad:

... You did exactly as I portrayed above, didn't you?

"In some models, hangar bays were positioned in the middle of the ship, where several starfighters were stored.[5] These ships were also heavily shielded and could withstand significant firepower until destruction."

" A system of docking rings lined the sides of each ship."

If we are to take the definition of "several" literally it would be 7 fighters.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No figures are given, but the Recuscant carries 270 fighters, given the size of the Munificent in comparison we might speculate 192, Vulture Droids that is, they could only carry Vulture Droids.

But yeah, because Vulture droids can latch on to objects in zero gravity they can latch on to the hull.

also that might be a good number. That's 16 squads per, I double checked by checking the Invisible hand a Modified Providence class which was roughly the same size as the stock Recusant. It was slightly smaller but it was also said to have made more room for more fighters. They both have the same number of fighters but the Invisible hand has way more land vehicles so I think its appropriate.

I do Assume by its size that you did classify it as a Heavy Cruiser, since it very much fits that size catagory and how it preformed fits the same.

Though I think its closer to 1/4th smaller so I would just give it 180 or a nice 15 squads, I find it a bit more a round number that way. (also makes it easier on those poor people like myself who have to do calculations on it.

Edited by tunewalker

"In some models, hangar bays were positioned in the middle of the ship, where several starfighters were stored.[5] These ships were also heavily shielded and could withstand significant firepower until destruction."

" A system of docking rings lined the sides of each ship."

If we are to take the definition of "several" literally it would be 7 fighters.

Vultures don't need docking rings or hangars, so I expect those were for other starships.

And given that the Recuscant can hold 270, I expect it can fit quite a few in those recesses. Though I haven't actually seen it in action, accept this one instance in which a bunch of Vulture-droids flew off the umbrella hull part.

also that might be a good number. That's 16 squads per, I double checked by checking the Invisible hand a Modified Providence class which was roughly the same size as the stock Recusant. It was slightly smaller but it was also said to have made more room for more fighters. They both have the same number of fighters but the Invisible hand has way more land vehicles so I think its appropriate.

I do Assume by its size that you did classify it as a Heavy Cruiser, since it very much fits that size catagory and how it preformed fits the same.

Though I think its closer to 1/4th smaller so I would just give it 180 or a nice 15 squads, I find it a bit more a round number that way. (also makes it easier on those poor people like myself who have to do calculations on it.

Interesting. And yes I classed it as a heavy cruiser.

So I'd like to see opinions on the practicality of Vibroswords and most main melee weapons in general in the SW universe. As we all know, many organizations and militaries equip their militaries or guards with these weapons in large numbers.

While obviously they're bad for the open battlefield, are there any instances where they might be practical or are they entirely for show?

So I'd like to see opinions on the practicality of Vibroswords and most main melee weapons in general in the SW universe. As we all know, many organizations and militaries equip their militaries or guards with these weapons in large numbers.

While obviously they're bad for the open battlefield, are there any instances where they might be practical or are they entirely for show?

Maybe close quarters corridors or for battleing against a Force wielder as Blasters could be more harmful to you then helpful in that arena.

Even in corridors though Knife would be better then Sword, but basically thats it to me. I dont see any reason you would have one instead of something like a blaster.

Stealth missions. Last resort weapon. A tool.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Pfft, I've been smacking Legend down since Beni was knee high to an ugnaught.

Definitely for show :p

BeniBoyBling:

Practical: 1

For Show: 2

Dun dun duuuun!

Side Note: edited the number to account for Tune bellow.

Edited by Silenceo