Prequel's Anakin

Slowpokeking

One of the major reasons people dislike the prequel is that the Anakin in prequel was a lot different than the bad *** Darth Vader in OT. I also like RotS novel's dark Anakin a lot, but think about it. If Anakin really was a powerful and determined individual like Exar Kun or Darth Kyrat before he became Sith, I don't see how would he turn to the Dark Side then redeem himself through his son's love. Ulic and Revan were turned by poison/mind control. Edited by Slowpokeking

It was down to a combination of bad writing and acting. Watch the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin is much better written and has a voice actor that actually can voice act so he's a lot more likeable in it then he was in the PT films.

Yeah, watched the Clone Wars and was surprised how much better Anakin is done, he doesn't seem whiny, but more brash and unorthodox, he seems rebellious but also shows more of the authoritative figure he will become as Vader

I think the diffrences of Anakin in Episodes I and II compared to the him in the other movies underline more the drastic change that happened. From sensitive, joyful and a little naive it's almost as if he's lost the will to live, just like Padme, and is kept together only by his machinery and his rage.

He's had a lust for power, at least since Attack Of The Clones, but not like Ulic's or Exar Kun's (of whom he shares the strictness of the masters).

His fall is more related to him asking himself "Jedi have such power, why can't we simply free all of the slaves of Tatooine?", understanding his naivity and discovering his (and of the Jedi and the Republic) inability to uphold his core ideals.

All of this makes his fall all the more dramatic and subtle than most (especially compared to the one of Exar Kun, aming those already named in the thread).

That's my opinion.

I think the diffrences of Anakin in Episodes I and II compared to the him in the other movies underline more the drastic change that happened. From sensitive, joyful and a little naive it's almost as if he's lost the will to live, just like Padme, and is kept together only by his machinery and his rage.

He's had a lust for power, at least since Attack Of The Clones, but not like Ulic's or Exar Kun's (of whom he shares the strictness of the masters).

His fall is more related to him asking himself "Jedi have such power, why can't we simply free all of the slaves of Tatooine?", understanding his naivity and discovering his (and of the Jedi and the Republic) inability to uphold his core ideals.

All of this makes his fall all the more dramatic and subtle than most (especially compared to the one of Exar Kun, aming those already named in the thread).

That's my opinion.

Dooku, Jacen and Krayt fell to the Dark Side also because they thought the Jedi is weak and the Sith could bring order to the galaxy.

I think Anakin wanted to become a Jedi because he wanted to protect his loved ones, but the Jedi way, at least at that time thought they should let things go, and the Sith' way, at least the power could fulfill his wish.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Dooku, Jacen and Krayt fell to the Dark Side also because they thought the Jedi is weak and the Sith could bring order to the galaxy.

I think Anakin wanted to become a Jedi because he wanted to protect his loved ones, but the Jedi way, at least at that time thought they should let things go, and the Sith' way, at least the power could fulfill his wish.

Which is exactly what led him to the darkside, he wanted to protect the one that he loved but he went about doing it the wrong way. Made a deal with the devil(Palpatine in this case) and sold his soul(pretty much all of who he once was) in order to save the one that he loved. It isn't that hard to figure out, but people just keep looking at Anakin not as a broken and disturbed man but a baby which isn't right.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Which is exactly what led him to the darkside, he wanted to protect the one that he loved but he went about doing it the wrong way. Made a deal with the devil(Palpatine in this case) and sold his soul(pretty much all of who he once was) in order to save the one that he loved. It isn't that hard to figure out, but people just keep looking at Anakin not as a broken and disturbed man but a baby which isn't right.

I think both side has faults, the Jedi, at that time indeed are too stubborn, even Yoda himself confessed at the end.

If it was Plagueis who made deal with Anakin, maybe Padme could indeed be saved.

I think both side has faults, the Jedi, at that time indeed are too stubborn, even Yoda himself confessed at the end.

If it was Plagueis who made deal with Anakin, maybe Padme could indeed be saved.

Padme could have been saved if Anakin had stayed with the jedi. He was the one that killed her, ironic no?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Padme could have been saved if Anakin had stayed with the jedi. He was the one that killed her, ironic no?

Well if Anakin didn't corrupt Palpatine would just kill Windu(he was pretending to be weak) and still gave order 66.

If Plagueis was alive, he could go to that funeral to revive Padme from death.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Well if Anakin didn't corrupt Palpatine would just kill Windu(he was pretending to be weak) and still gave order 66.

No, if Palpatine didn't pretend to be weak, he and Windu would be even matched and the fight would go on forever, I think.

But why should he? Why should the man who convinced Palpatine to murder his whole family have any intrest in reviving Padme?

I would disagree. I think Windu won fair and square.

Yes but see if Anakin had stayed with the jedi, Palpatine just lost his key winning man in destroying the jedi temple thus Knightfall would have been a disaster and you'd still have plenty of jedi around.

Edit: Also folks, Mace won the duel but didn't win the battle. Palpatine was acting weak when he was using his force lighting to turn Anakin.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I would disagree. I think Windu won fair and square.

Correct and incorrect. Mace Windu won the Lightsaber duel through the use of his Vaapad form. The duel was strictly a Lightsaber duel. But Mace only believed he could fight the duel to a stalemate. He thought Sidious was going all-out in that duel. But he didn't know Sidious was holding back his immense power. Had Sidious used his power during the fight, Windu would have been defeated. Mace won the Lightsaber duel, but a battle in the Force would see him lose.

Mace>Sidious in Lightsaber duel

Sidious>Mace in Force duel

One of the major reasons people dislike the prequel is that the Anakin in prequel was a lot different than the bad *** Darth Vader in OT. I also like RotS novel's dark Anakin a lot, but think about it. If Anakin really was a powerful and determined individual like Exar Kun or Darth Kyrat before he became Sith, I don't see how would he turn to the Dark Side then redeem himself through his son's love. Ulic and Revan were turned by poison/mind control.

Anakin was hit by a "double-whammy" so to speak. His fall was a very long process, thanks to Obi-Wan and Yoda, but Sidious knew what he was doing. Anakin begins to suffer visions of Padme's "imminent" death and needs to find a way to save her. When Sidious got him put on the Council, Anakin should have been made a master, which would allow him access to the Restricted section of the Jedi Archives, which would let him go through ancient Jedi teachings to find a way to save Padme. Unfortunately, the Council did not make him a master. Hence his anger at the Council. This led him to looking for alternative means to save his wife.

Enter Palpatine. The tale of Darth Plagueis the Wise showed Anakin that the Jedi couldn't help him. Which made his fall that much easier for Sidious to orchestrate.

Anakin fell to the Dark Side to save his dying wife and, in the end, was the cause of her death. His fall fulfilled his vision.

To gain Anakin's loyalty.

And then let him kill Padme later? Because Plaguis once said something like: "Tell me what you love and I know what to take away from you."

Palpatine also never intended to keep Padme alive. He would have staged her death otherwise, if she hadn't died on her own.

And then let him kill Padme later? Because Plaguis once said something like: "Tell me what you love and I know what to take away from you."

Palpatine also never intended to keep Padme alive. He would have staged her death otherwise, if she hadn't died on her own.

Yup normally to become sith it requires a sacrifice and anakin's sacrifice was Padme.

Why not? When his love was turned into hatred through the training of Sith, rather than fell into deep regret and unable to fully embrace the Dark Side. Palpatine's plan didn't work at this point, it left good in Anakin's heart and strike back 20 years later.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Anakin was hit by a "double-whammy" so to speak. His fall was a very long process, thanks to Obi-Wan and Yoda, but Sidious knew what he was doing. Anakin begins to suffer visions of Padme's "imminent" death and needs to find a way to save her. When Sidious got him put on the Council, Anakin should have been made a master, which would allow him access to the Restricted section of the Jedi Archives, which would let him go through ancient Jedi teachings to find a way to save Padme. Unfortunately, the Council did not make him a master. Hence his anger at the Council. This led him to looking for alternative means to save his wife.

Enter Palpatine. The tale of Darth Plagueis the Wise showed Anakin that the Jedi couldn't help him. Which made his fall that much easier for Sidious to orchestrate.

Anakin fell to the Dark Side to save his dying wife and, in the end, was the cause of her death. His fall fulfilled his vision.

But if Plagueis was there, even death could be conquered.

Plagueis: "You killed her in your anger."

Anakin: "NOOOO!!!!!"

Plagueis: "Don't worry, I can revive her"

Edited by Slowpokeking

I think Plagueis would let Anakin learn his philosophy and the Dark Side of the Force, slowly turn him into a real Sith Lord like himself and Palpatine, then let him kill Padme not with anger, but with reason.

Or he could keep Padme alive and turn her into a supporter of the Empire, why not? She's senator.

Edited by Slowpokeking

But if Plagueis was there, even death could be conquered.

Plagueis: "You killed her in your anger."

Anakin: "NOOOO!!!!!"

Plagueis: "Don't worry, I can revive her"

I don't think Plagueis would revive her. A Sith must sacrifice that which makes them weak. If Padme survived, she could have brought him back to the Light. That would not have turned out too well for Plagueis.

It was down to a combination of bad writing and acting. Watch the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin is much better written and has a voice actor that actually can voice act so he's a lot more likeable in it then he was in the PT films.

This, in the original movies Anakin was set up to be a Han Solo-esque character who took a wrong turn, we got a whiney baby whos "wiping out the jedi" involved chopping up babies in the creche, thats not bada**, its just pure a**.

Edited by Slurmez

I don't think Plagueis would revive her. A Sith must sacrifice that which makes them weak. If Padme survived, she could have brought him back to the Light. That would not have turned out too well for Plagueis.

Padme could be turned as well, before someone like Plagueis and Sidious.

Also remember she failed in the conversation, Anakin already accepted the Sith' way and with Plagueis' guidance he would become a real Sith.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Padme could be turned as well, before someone like Plagueis and Sidious.

It is possible, but Padme was very independent. I don't know. We are speculating here, of course. Padme would have to be told something absolutely mind-blowing in order to be turned.