Question of the Day- 3/5

EricMusco

Today's question of the day is....

What is your favorite Cartel Market Mount?

Undoubtedly mine is the Lhosan Manta. I recently got one out of a pack and man, it is just so sleek looking. I always preferred the "lean forward" mounts over the "standing" ones as is. It also nicely matches my all black social gear setup :rak_03:

-eric

Czerka CR-17 Incendia Speeder

I wanted to go watch the SW movie with a similar one, when I saw it ,

I had to have one .. so bought the coins for it.,

Edited by tanktest

I'm lucky. Guildies got me a hover chair for my birthday. Love that thing. It turns on a dime too.

But the Czerka CR-17 Incendia Speeder is the coolest mount out there. They only thing is... I'd like to get under the hood of that thing and install a hyperdrive.

None.

The Lhosan line is, undoubtedly, the worst of all the speeders. They're not sleek; they're clunky. They're big and manouver horribly. It's like I'm riding a giant hovering seesaw.

Edited by slafko

None.

This seems the appropriate place to bring this up: speeder design flaws. Notice no seats or back-rests on the speeders your character is obliged to 'stand up' on? This means, technically, that you'd be thrown off as soon as you hit the throttle. Newton's Third Law is activated every time we speed around on these ridiculously designed mounts.

Now, I'm a Sci-Fi/Fantasy enthusiast from way back, meaning I don't have to have my entertainment in this genre precisely mimic reality. However, as noted by Tolkien, the closest the make-believe world resembles the real world, the more engaging/enthralling it becomes (paraphrased). The more it violates reality, the less interesting/engaging it becomes.

The motor-cycle type speeders are clunky, graceless and appear slower (though I know they aren't). The Throne-types are just sheer lore-violating CM ploys designed to rake in cash---nothing more.

Therefore, my answer to this ridiculous question is: none.

Cal

The Lhosan Manta, not because I love it so much, but because it's the only non-silly looking, non-stand-up speeder usable by level 10 with a decent sound. (Kurtob sound FX makes me want to run away.) Edited by KyaniteD

A couple days late but my favorite one is the Gurion Shadow mount. Something about riding around on a mount that seems styled after the TIE Fighters I just love. Now if you guys would just add the TIE sound to it.

Undoubtedly mine is the Lhosan Manta. I recently got one out of a pack and man, it is just so sleek looking. I always preferred the "lean forward" mounts over the "standing" ones as is. It also nicely matches my all black social gear setup :rak_03:

-eric

i don't have one.

i paid for content, not for fluff...

hence, me not paying anymore.