Masks + Hoods

DarthVindictus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is annoying me more about this, is that on my twi'lek now that I have a hooded chest piece is that it also removed the head piece I selected in my character customization.

So now not only can I not have my hood up as sith inq, which totally sucks, I also have part of my characters customization removed :mad:.

^same problem

Obviously BW cares, because if they did that they'd get a bunch of ..

"OMG why cant they fix this clipping issue! this game sucks!!! omg, gonna nerd rage quit"

they're probably working on it, just gotta have some patience people... hasnt been out a month yet lol

Unless we get word that they are working on it, I have don't have faith that if I don't voice my feedback that they'll bother doing it.

No, more likely is that if they don't get negative feedback they'll assume everyone thinks its hunky dory and leave it.

I really dont want to give any major spoilers.. ... but this is relevant to this topic.. so..

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Darth Revan is the last boss of the Foundry flshpoint, one of the most exciting flshpoints in the game. It's the first flashpoint that truly feels epic. With the current implementation of the mask/hood combo, Darth Revan, the most iconic character in the entire old republic canon looks like he's wearing a clown mask.

The "Master" in the Drumond Kaas Revanite line also looks ridiculous (and more importantly, nothing like Revan) but this is a much more minor impact on the story.

When I saw the first trailer as the 2 sith lords walked out of their ship...the first one wearing a mask/hood I said to myself "I need to play this game, and I wanna look like that"

Now I find out that this combo that helped sell the game to me does not exist...

Very disappointing indeed.

Clipping be damned, Revan looks like a shaved monkey!

Okay this they could fix really fast, they just have to change the masks properties to the same as, for example, the rebreather and it would show together with his hood.

But yeah, they should simply get rid of the disappearing hoods and make a "show hood" option, so we can choose if we want to display the helmet, the hood, both or non.

With this, even if the helmet would have bad clipping, we could still switch helmet or hood off if it really disturbs us.

Edited by Kyral

I very much support this and it needs to be fixed soon. Wearing only a full helmet as Sith Inquisitor looks just wrong and lessens the dramatic/intimidation factor.

And yes, it is even more stupid because of Revan, who has such an iconic appearance, now appearing without a hood.

I think hoods should be a cosmetic click on off function. I don't know why anyone has never thought of it. I was grinding for some PvP gear and was looking at a sweet looking hooded chest gear but was sad that the hood becomes invisible when you wear a full mask? Hoods should be something you can take on and off. As far as the clipping that can be solved over time. I hope someone at Bioware reads this because that would solve the hood problem for everyone.

I'm considering changing mains to an imperial agent or bounty hunter because I can't show my character's head. Why are we forced to wear a hood?! It's too bad, I really liked the inquisitor's healing style :(

Play a twi'lek then since hoods are disabled on them. I typically hide my helm in most MMOs and I'm glad I can do that as a jedi.

Perhaps they should add another option on whether or not to hide the hood on chest armor in addition to the existing option to hide your helm. That way those that want to show the hood can and those of us that don't can hide it.

Edited by Cosi

Changes like this take time to code. From past MMO experience I've observed that someone actually reads these comments even if they don't respond. Give it time and I'm sure they will fix the hood/helm issue. As a Twilek I'm waiting for this as well. Just give it some time, it's only been what, a week? And for all of the naysayers, every game has issues on release. To ask that a game be flawless once released is just ignorant and selfish. Enjoy it, it will get better.

If my character looks ridiculous, I lose all motivation to play him.

Indeed.

I've never been one for looks of armour, usually I'm extreme 'right wing' as it were, I'd rather look like crap and have decent stats than play like crap but atleast have a good looking corpse. But I have to admit it's actually annoying me in SWTOR.

One of the many reasons I /facepalmed so hard when they removed colour match after 6 or 7 beta builds of praise for it. They could have thought about it back then, rather than literally days before global release.

Play a twi'lek then since hoods are disabled on them. I typically hide my helm in most MMOs and I'm glad I can do that as a jedi.

Perhaps they should add another option on whether or not to hide the hood on chest armor in addition to the existing option to hide your helm. That way those that want to show the hood can and those of us that don't can hide it.

^^This.

Have seperate options to disable the helm and the hood. Then people who want both can have both, poeple who are bothered by clipping can pick one, and people who want neither can have neither (and before you say to pick up hoodless armor: there is no hoodless Jedi Guardian armor past about level 20. Seriously, there are multiple threads in the JG forums of people unsuccessfully trying to find some).