Get rid of Jung'Ma server

Freeyayo

Please, please, please, Bioware. Merge Jung'Ma with Prophecy of the Five. For people reading this: Although POT5 has a pretty high population comparatively already, it's actually the lowest in the game in regards to number of players vs number of players allowed on the server.

Now, I've heard in the past we won't get merged because none of the other servers are "RP-PVP". Give me a break. You can RP/PVP/PVE on any server. But just to help with those people that really do care...Open free transfers from Jung'Ma to Prophecy of the Five and one of the RP-PVE servers (obviously stick with east coast servers). Set a window of maybe two months or whatever, and after that just merge everyone else who didn't transfer in time to Prophecy of the Five. Or whatever server you choose. I feel like this would be satisfactory for more than 95% of the steady active players. You don't have to listen to any of my suggestions, but for fudge sake just get us off this server in an organized fashion and shut it down. Our ranked arena is virtually non-existent. Our flashpoint queue is virtually non-existend. The only thing that seems to be steady is people doing Operations, but that's still only maybe one or two a night, and RP. But these are two things that can be done on any server. PVP is what suffers the most, especially ranked. This is really the last thing you need to do to save us. Many players quit this game because of boredom. I see it every week on my server. We might not have many, but you can save a nice chunk of subscribers and F2P players by giving us more people to play with.

Wait....hold on....Scratch all that. JUST MERGE POT5 INTO JUNG'MA. No one suffers. I have a feeling there are problems with merging that I'm not even aware of, but I still don't see how our server still has to suffer with no one to play with after all this time.

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't merge anymore servers until they literally bleed out all those who are willing to pay for transfers.

BW doesn't care if you have 50 people left on your server, to them you're 50 potential cartel character moves, which might include 2-3 alts as well. Point is, now that paid transfers are here, expect a less than caring decision to help out the low pop servers.

For my part if there's a merge I would like to keep the names that I have on JM using the original merge criteria (whatever it was). I've got a bunch of names attached to 55s on JM (Pete, Kol, Rook, etc) that haven't been available on POT5. But given a choice of "merge and lose names" or "keep things as is" I would take the merge. There's just no point to JM at the moment (compared to POT5) unless you're in a guild that likes to farm solo q'ers in wzs. Edited by Savej

Really? another person to damn cheap to pay for a transfer, demands that hundreds of us who are perfectly happy with our server be merged into another server that we do not want to be on, just to convenience a minority of people?? Edited by Zoom_VI

Really? another person to damn cheap to pay for a transfer, demands that dozens of us who are perfectly happy with our server be merged into another server that we do not want to be on, just to convenience a minority of people??

Yes, all dozens of you.

Really? another person to damn cheap to pay for a transfer, demands that hundreds of us who are perfectly happy with our server be merged into another server that we do not want to be on, just to convenience a minority of people??

This response is just bitter and makes zero sense. First: You're ignorant and petty. Second: There is no basis for you to "not want to be on" any particular server I mentioned. If our two servers were merged, *** difference would it make to you? You're guild would be the same. You're friends list would be the same. Your gear would be the same. Third: How does me spending cartel coins to transfer my own characters (which I've already done several times) solve this issue? Money is of no concern to me in regards to this issue. The purpose is having most of the server full of people that are well connected to eachother already moving to a new and more populated server. Go away with your stupid responses. You serve no purpose

Would a merger of the servers change my playstyle? Nope, i'd still be rocking the 16m hm/nim content for pve and whatever queue I felt like that day for pvp (besides gsf... not interested in that).

Would a merger of the servers affect my guild? Perhaps, there is always some shifting when mergers happen though it would settle out quickly as we have a solid core.

I have a few alts on Pot5 and have my legacy tag there, personally I prefer the overall attitude and respect of Jung Ma's gen pop- along with regular warzones seeming to be of a higher standard on Jung Ma (this might be due to the fact that we have such a smaller pop that we don't have as many... clueless players?).

My only issue would be character names in the end- if they merged the servers then there should be a few criteria considered in the naming aspect: A. Character level (a lvl 1 should not take the name from a lvl 55 being force merged into a server), B. Character playtime (if both characters are equal level and one has ~10 days playtime and one has ~100+, the higher playtime character should get to keep the name- barring that character has been logged in in the last 30 days). C. Sub vs free to play (This is pretty simple- paying subscribers get the name over free to play accounts.)

Edited by truchaos

This response is just bitter and makes zero sense. First: You're ignorant and petty. Second: There is no basis for you to "not want to be on" any particular server I mentioned. If our two servers were merged, *** difference would it make to you? You're guild would be the same. You're friends list would be the same. Your gear would be the same. Third: How does me spending cartel coins to transfer my own characters (which I've already done several times) solve this issue? Money is of no concern to me in regards to this issue. The purpose is having most of the server full of people that are well connected to eachother already moving to a new and more populated server. Go away with your stupid responses. You serve no purpose

There is plenty of basis for me to not be on another server. Hence I'm not on those servers. I deliberately picked the RP-PVP server for a specific set of reasons. As for Pot5, hell no, I would go to frigging PvE server first.

Also if you think all the guilds to somehow stay the same after a merge your just being ignorant, I went through the first merges and nearly my entire friends list disappeared. I can't think of any guilds from my origin server that survived more than a month post-merge.

Merges are the single most community destructive thing you can possibly do. Go copy your thread into the Jung Ma forums and see what kind of welcome it gets there.

There is plenty of basis for me to not be on another server. Hence I'm not on those servers. I deliberately picked the RP-PVP server for a specific set of reasons. As for Pot5, hell no, I would go to frigging PvE server first.

Also if you think all the guilds to somehow stay the same after a merge your just being ignorant, I went through the first merges and nearly my entire friends list disappeared. I can't think of any guilds from my origin server that survived more than a month post-merge.

Merges are the single most community destructive thing you can possibly do. Go copy your thread into the Jung Ma forums and see what kind of welcome it gets there.

I got the dejarik table recently and would be glad to RP it with you. You can be the rancor.

My guild on JM averages 30-40 a night alone :p

i'm in a guild that always has ppl logged in on Jm, too. The context of the comment was not that JM doesn't have some active players (more than dozens). But i doubt that there are more than a few dozen that wouldn't welcome a merge with POT5. As someone with many 55s on both servers i would - the experience is night-vs-day better on pot5. Gen chat on pot5 fleet can be worse but that's a product of the higher number of people - the more people in an open chat room the worse it gets - not player maturity.

Edited by Savej

I am very happy with Jung Ma. If you are not happy, then you can move.

There is plenty of WZ action during prime time. There is hardly any 4-man ranked arena games. But that is because most people don't like arenas and prefer WZs instead. We had way more group ranked teams and games when there was ranked WZs instead of arenas. Solo ranked arena is still somewhat active though.

I am very happy with Jung Ma. If you are not happy, then you can move.

There is plenty of WZ action during prime time. There is hardly any 4-man ranked arena games. But that is because most people don't like arenas and prefer WZs instead. We had way more group ranked teams and games when there was ranked WZs instead of arenas. Solo ranked arena is still somewhat active though.

A few ppl were saying the same thing on Ven Zallow just before that got merged with Jung Ma in the first merges - i think there will always be some diehards. Almost the only solo ranked games i've seen on JM happened right after they opened or right after season 1 rewards were announced. The rest have been practically arranged matches with the same ppl over and over.

^this^ lol

I love GSF and it's clearly a type of PvP...but it's not "PvP" in this games terms - Even Bioware acknowledges that fact by giving GSF its own forum.

I think they gave them it's own forum so that moderators wouldn't have to be handing out bans/suspensions or removing threads/posts left and right here.

^this^ lol

I love GSF and it's clearly a type of PvP...but it's not "PvP" in this games terms - Even Bioware acknowledges that fact by giving GSF its own forum.

FFS I haven't done gsf in two weeks, been leveling my powertech so I can hopefully have a toon to do ranked on impside.

reading fail TUX?