Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

kanun

Yes, as title says : Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE.

I have 1310 expertise rating now ;and I still cannot do anything to melee classes. I am dying really fast. Their cc skills are instant with less cool down ; because they didn't get Nerf how commandos had been gotten...

Geared asas / operative ( stealth classes ) , marauder etc. all melee classes are killing to fast. Other range support classes killing me too fast too ( they were so called support ;but they are more better than commando at support I must say !!! ) SNIPER class. A geared sorc is killing me too.

I am asking now what the hell I should do ,Bioware ? When thy see me thy leave all their current target to kill me first for medals. Commando was not like this before at the first release- at least we would do our support role ;but now we are not a support class. I cannot cast any of my skills when a melee stick on me or I am running out of ammo fast too if I am at my assault tree - if I am at my gunnery tree I cannot cast my grav round - for healing , thx to BIOWARE , COMMANDO is the worst healing class right now ( + thy targeting you first too ) ; our mobility is really bad too so there is nowhere to run !!!!

When lvl 60 new cap will come to game This game will be more unbalance. I don't care how much I damage than at the end of war-zone. I care more how many times I died or I destroyed an enemy there. When open world opens again no1 will gonna ask you how much damage you have done ... Even I go from behind they targeting us instant and die after that, if I am saying a lie here plz say really !. It is not a QQ ;but I am really bored to die first and fast even at 1 by 1 ; at 2 vs 1 I die for sure. Because of targeting me first I cannot do a nice damage at the end of warzones. My valor rank is 81 already and I have a nice pve gear too with pvp gear too ;so I don't want to change to another class . However BIOWARE should fix this commando class , even vanguard is much more better than us at warzones !!!

If realy BIOWARE reads this forum posts I am asking them : what are you trying to do with commando class ? we need buffs ;not Nerf !!! I will wait your answer here ,thx.

Yes, as title says : Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE.

I have 1310 expertise rating now ;and I still cannot do anything to melee classes. I am dying really fast. Their cc skills are instant with less cool down ; because they didn't get Nerf how commandos had been gotten...

Geared asas / operative ( stealth classes ) , marauder etc. all melee classes are killing to fast. Other range support classes killing me too fast too ( they were so called support ;but they are more better than commando at support I must say !!! ) SNIPER class. A geared sorc is killing me too.

I am asking now what the hell I should do ,Bioware ? When thy see me thy leave all their current target to kill me first for medals. Commando was not like this before at the first release- at least we would do our support role ;but now we are not a support class. I cannot cast any of my skills when a melee stick on me or I am running out of ammo fast too if I am at my assault tree - if I am at my gunnery tree I cannot cast my grav round - for healing , thx to BIOWARE , COMMANDO is the worst healing class right now ( + thy targeting you first too ) ; our mobility is really bad too so there is nowhere to run !!!!

When lvl 60 new cap will come to game This game will be more unbalance. I don't care how much I damage than at the end of war-zone. I care more how many times I died or I destroyed an enemy there. When open world opens again no1 will gonna ask you how much damage you have done ... Even I go from behind they targeting us instant and die after that, if I am saying a lie here plz say really !. It is not a QQ ;but I am really bored to die first and fast even at 1 by 1 ; at 2 vs 1 I die for sure. Because of targeting me first I cannot do a nice damage at the end of warzones. My valor rank is 81 already and I have a nice pve gear too with pvp gear too ;so I don't want to change to another class . However BIOWARE should fix this commando class , even vanguard is much more better than us at warzones !!!

If realy BIOWARE reads this forum posts I am asking them : what are you trying to do with commando class ? we need buffs ;not Nerf !!! I will wait your answer here ,thx.

I like your use of exclamation points.

I gain a very important utility from the Commando in PvP: entertainment, fun, and the fact that I'm a *********** Republic Commando.

I think that your claim of the class' uselessness are unfounded. (Perhaps not entirely unfounded, but I think you should just try playing differently.)

EDIT: I have no experience in 50 PvP, and that is probably why I feel this way.

Edited by Kickimanjaro

I'll come out of some WZs feeling the same way. Raging about how ineffective I was and getting so many glow-sticks shoved up my arse. I'll log onto an alt to cool off. Later, I'll PvP some more and dominate and feel like a Commando ******. Did anything change in my skill or gear between those two points in time? Nope. But the other team and my team changed, and that makes all the difference in the world. If your team stinks and the opponent does not, you are going to have some bad WZs no matter your class. When the tables are turned, you will be burning dudes down like it's cool.

So relax, do something else for a while, re-queue and hope your team is better and the other team is worse. I have worked myself into an ideal position in that I have a 50 on each side. If I find myself losing a ton on one side, I'll switch to my other toon.

I couldn't agree more with your post, I have a level 50 commando medic, and I really like the class. But your ability to do well in PvP greatly relies on the team you play with. Without good team play you will get owned by the opposite team, its just the way things are in PvP. Great advise there if you are getting owned then take a break, don't get wound up and go back to it.

I myself have been on the wrong end of a glow stick all to often, but taking a chilled out approach to it makes life much more pleasant as a commando.

i've never dps'd on my commando, so i can't comment on that. I do heal with him though and i agree as well. If you are in a bad group, leave and come back later. Its more about the group then the individual in pvp.

I feel i offer enough support as a healer, so i have no problem with that. I can't produce the numbers the smuggs do, but i can hold my own in pvp and i have no pvp gear.....

Commandos are supposed to get some sort of escape ability in the near future. But it goes without saying that they also need a movement buff, proc'd immunity to interrupts and leaps/pull, a few worthwhile instant casts, and greater group utility. Minor tweaks so far have been just that: minor. Even the recently-added proc'd instant AMP for Gunnery, while useful, is a very modest heal when you're being wailed on, and it still uses a GCD. Why not throw us a bone and put that off the GCD? We finally got an interrupt...but anyone else find it sluggish, often landing too late? (My Vanguard's interrupt, while confined to melee range, is nevertheless instant, is off the GCD, is on a short cooldown, and is almost always available when I need it).

Even things like the commando's mez is severely handicapped relative to most other classes. I've recently been trying to use Concussion Round more regularly in WZs (casted single-target mez). To get it off reliably you have to waste a Tech Override (which I prefer to save for Plasma Grenade), otherwise the Concussion Round cast will get interrupted or LoS'd before it fires since it's a fairly long and obvious cast in a game that is dominated by instant stuns and instant AoE (AoE!!) mez's. And if you do manage to fire it off, your tarket can just break it since you can no longer use Cryo-grenade at range in order to bait their stun-break.

I like this Advanced Class, but until they fix it, it's consigned to being the target dummy of the WZ. We're correctly labelled as easy kills, and are instantly focused. How many times are commandos quickly focused and sent to respawn before anyone bothers to touch the ball carrier (sometimes running right past the ball carrier!) because it's just easier and more efficient that way? Sure I can put up great numbers **when left alone** but against a good team the commando is pushed, pulled, leapt, smashed, thrown, thrashed and facerolled continually from one end of the WZ to the other on any given WZ map. I really hope they overhaul this Advanced Class.

Edited by klham

I feel i offer enough support as a healer, so i have no problem with that. I can't produce the numbers the smuggs do, but i can hold my own in pvp and i have no pvp gear.....
Combat Medics are sitting ducks relative to the other healing Advanced Classes, who each have reliable escape mechanics - stuns, mez's, force speed, stealth, etc. A Combat Medic has a knockback that doesn't root, can't effectively heal through burst for any length of time (everything but Bacta Infusion and Kolto Bomb will get interrupted and/or can't be used while LoSing), has underwhelming damage mitigation, and has no choice but to stand there and face-tank while waiting to be rescued. But like the Commando's dps trees, the CM tree can put up great numbers **if left alone**.

But like the Commando's dps trees, the CM tree can put up great numbers **if left alone**.

I don't want to be left alone, i want to compete, how boring would that be? Any healer that is getting zero help and left alone to "face tank" is going to get rolled, regardless of class. Going up against better players and having lower then average players on your side is where the problem lies. As a commando healer, i don't want more escape tactics and tricks, i would prefer some help and support from team mates who know what they are doing. I can put up good numbers and compete with what i have now.

I can't talk for DPS commandos, but from a CM stand point, i'll take good players on my side any day. If i don't have them, then i back out and come back later and hope for a different group on either side.

Have you healed as any other Advanced Class? If so, you'll know what I mean. The other healers aren't forced to face-tank and hope for rescue when focused by mdps, like the Combat Medic is, because the other healers have escape mechanics built into their Advanced Class design, and can heal themselves meaningfully while LoSing. A sage can bubble, mez or force speed away. A scoundrel can AoE mez, stealth, or dodge and insta-heal while pillar-humping continually.

I agree that Combat Medic is extremely effective when teammates are peeling for him. But that doesn't always happen in PUGs (mostly it doesn't happen), and that's the reality most CMs have to deal with.

Edited by klham

I don't run from fights, i'm a CM.... lol. While these other AC's are running, there teamates are dying.....

No i have not healed with other classes. I've healed pretty much all pve content and hit 6-700k heals in pvp on a good match, 4-500k on a bad/average match, without pve gear. Happy with my heals, don't want to roll another toon.

All i'm saying is, CM is fun in a warzone. I don't run/hide/LOS anyone. I jump in the middle of the action, green beam and kolto anyone i can and i get good results. Not here to whine about my class, i like him the way he is. Upfront and personal!! If my guys look after me, i look after them. Even in a bad match i can put up more heals then most other healers. Occasionally, i get rolled by an amazing scoundrel....occasionally.

If the DPS Commando's are getting rolled, that is a different story.... If you don't like your dps, learn how to heal properly and come have fun with me, but don't start bagging commando heals.

If my guys look after me, i look after them.
That's the crux of the matter. You have ppl peeling for you. Under those conditions CM is very effective. Commando performs well when embedded in a strong team - everyone on these threads has conceded that. Under those conditions the relative deficiencies in this AC's design are not immediately evident. But those aren't the conditions that exist in most PUGs, where the other healing ACs can at least fall back on escapes. If you heal with a sage or a scoundrel you'll see what I mean.

CM can put up high numbers without being left alone( that is the plus thing about CM.) that being said CM does need a get out of combat ability. Plus we need our cryo grenade range back up to 30m.
And make the mez (Concussion Round) an instant cast, among other things.

But I don't see how a CM can put out high healing numbers if he spends half the WZ riding back on the speeder. If he's focused, he's dead unless he's rescued in short order. A CM usually can't heal through the burst of a well-played mdps if teammates aren't peeling for him since typically the only self-heals a CM can get off when under that kind of pressure is one Bacta Infusion, one or two Kolto Bombs, and an AMP if he's lucky (Trauma Probe is nearly useless under these circumstances). Occasionally there will be very optimal conditions where a CM is able to cc and/or LoS, pop supercharge cells, and fire off a succession of AMPs on himself, but that's optimal. A well-played mdps will shut down every single casted heal a CM attempts to cast on himself with a combination of interrupts, stuns, mezs, and knocks (the CM buff to Reactive Shield doesn't prevent the latter three). Assassins, for example, seem to have no end of these in their toolkit, and if played well an Assassin can completely shut down a Commando of any spec every time.

Edited by klham

While I agree that Commando needs some buffs, the class is far from useless. I rolled one a couple of weeks ago because I was looking for a challenge. I've played 7 classes to 50, and this was by far the toughest one to PvP with. This is not a good class if you are new to the game. To make it work, you need to have a lot of situational awareness, know the maps, know how to position yourself, and know the other class weaknesses.

If you're constantly finding yourself in 1vs1 situations, you're doing it wrong. This class is NOT designed to 1vs1 with any efficiency whatsoever. None. This is a support class, and you should be doing just that: support. Hang in the back and let the melee derpsmashers do their job while you burn down targets from a safe distance. Stay near LoS objects, avoid standing out in the open and making a target of yourself.

And for the love of all that is holy, don't run Gunnery spec in PvP....especially if you're on Ebon Hawk. I will seek you out and destroy you over and over just to prove how gimped that spec is for PvP. Go Assault, or go home.

Edited by TheronFett

And make the mez (Concussion Round) an instant cast, among other things.

But I don't see how a CM can put out high healing numbers if he spends half the WZ riding back on the speeder. If he's focused, he's dead unless he's rescued in short order. A CM usually can't heal through the burst of a well-played mdps if teammates aren't peeling for him since typically the only self-heals a CM can get off when under that kind of pressure is one Bacta Infusion, one or two Kolto Bombs, and an AMP if he's lucky (Trauma Probe is nearly useless under these circumstances). Occasionally there will be very optimal conditions where a CM is able to cc and/or LoS, pop supercharge cells, and fire off a succession of AMPs on himself, but that's optimal. A well-played mdps will shut down every single casted heal a CM attempts to cast on himself with a combination of interrupts, stuns, mezs, and knocks (the CM buff to Reactive Shield doesn't prevent the latter three). Assassins, for example, seem to have no end of these in their toolkit, and if played well an Assassin can completely shut down a Commando of any spec every time.

http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/user/MarkosSwtor/media/swtor2012-11-2800-46-55-59.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Great numbers, Schooch, and surprisingly few deaths in that WZ all around for a PUG match....(?). Not sure how this discounts what I said though. CM can put out good numbers when embedded within a good group and under optimal conditions (as can Gunnery). Are you suggesting you can pull off numbers like that regularly in your typical PUG WZ while doing your Dailies and grinding for gear? If so then you're the Mozart of Combat Medics ;) Edited by klham

Great numbers, Schooch, and surprisingly few deaths in that WZ all around for a PUG match....(?). Not sure how this discounts what I said though. CM can put out good numbers when embedded within a good group and under optimal conditions (as can Gunnery). Are you suggesting you can pull off numbers like that regularly in your typical PUG WZ while doing your Dailies and grinding for gear? If so then you're the Mozart of Combat Medics ;)

Not sure I would call that a good group or optimal conditions, that team was pathetic lol. yes that was a full PUG group I have never played with them before, (I am unguided.) I am fully geared so I do not do the dailies nor do I grind gear. that was above average game for me, average for a group like that would be 300-400k damage taken with 300-400k healing. I guess all I was saying is, CM can stand there and take a beating and heal through it (which no other healing class can do,) which is I why I love CM. I laugh at teams that hit me for that much but still struggle to kill me.

Edited by schooch

Fair enough, but it would be interesting to watch. A gear disparity might account for some of this. Like I said earlier, once BI is on cooldown, and in between Kolto Bombs, that just leaves your stationary casted heals. It's not like you can green-beam yourself while LoSing (that recently added hammer shot proc to Trauma Probe is negligible). So I think it's fair to say that most Combat Medics find it difficult to stand there and cast AMP and MP on themselves when under pressure by skilled (and geared) mdps that is making full use of their interrupts, stuns, pushes, pulls, leaps, etc. There's simply too many ways to disrupt the casts and lay on the damage. Edited by klham

It's not like you can green-beam yourself while LoSing (that recently added hammer shot proc to Trauma Probe is negligible)..

haha so true! I don't even have it traited its so useless. Their team had several geared and skilled players, not all of them but a few. We do also have tech over ride which is helpful, but as I said earlier, I too wish we had a drop combat ability like the other class so as to not be forced to stand there and take it.

Came back to check it out...nothing has changed, unsubbed again. This game is so poorly managed. There is nothing new or interesting in the next patch. The new warzone is going to favor the fast movers again and the other classes are going to fail further behind. Oh well, lots of other games to waste my time on.

We defo need something that actually stops the total stun lock. Before, I've been a pulled, rooted and stunned. When I'm dead I finally have full resolve. Something like a skill that would allow us to avoid pulls or roots would be great. and a few instant heals.

I'll come out of some WZs feeling the same way. Raging about how ineffective I was and getting so many glow-sticks shoved up my arse. I'll log onto an alt to cool off. Later, I'll PvP some more and dominate and feel like a Commando ******. Did anything change in my skill or gear between those two points in time? Nope. But the other team and my team changed, and that makes all the difference in the world. If your team stinks and the opponent does not, you are going to have some bad WZs no matter your class. When the tables are turned, you will be burning dudes down like it's cool.

So relax, do something else for a while, re-queue and hope your team is better and the other team is worse. I have worked myself into an ideal position in that I have a 50 on each side. If I find myself losing a ton on one side, I'll switch to my other toon.

I couldn't agree more with THIS post! My main since early access is a Sentinel, and I've stuck with her from the early days when everyone claimed they were underpowered, through 1.2 when the NERF SENT/MARA threads began. There are times when I feel like the overpowered God-class you read about on the forums... And there are times when I feel like I'm made of tissue paper. Team skill and composition is everything!

I gain a very important utility from the Commando in PvP: entertainment, fun, and the fact that I'm a *********** Republic Commando.

I think that your claim of the class' uselessness are unfounded. (Perhaps not entirely unfounded, but I think you should just try playing differently.)

EDIT: I have no experience in 50 PvP, and that is probably why I feel this way.

I appreciate your comments, but until you do play 50 pvp, you have no idea. Sub 50 pvp the commando is still very functional, but after 50... Well, it's very difficult.