Test of Repair Costs

Totaltrash

Tested the following medium armor Chest pieces:

Tionese Field Tech Jacket

Campaign Field Tech Jacket

War Hero Field Tech Jacket

Warrior's Vest (Orange, level 15)

Covert Torse Energy Armor (adaptive Cartel)

Green Chest, level 50

Blue Chest, level 50

Recruit Field Tech Jacket

All chest pieces had the same standard 51 Tionese Armoring/Mod/Enhancement

All chest pieces were tested with and without that enhancement

The Green and Blue pieces had LOWER armor ratings (106/116) than Tionese (126), the Recruit had a HIGHER armor rating (132), so the comparison is slightly skewed.

The test was done from 100 to 95 durability

The Covert Torso was done from 120 to 115 durability

My toon was naked except for the chest piece, Fathraa's Thugs were hitting me until 95 durability was reached.

Results:

Armor type - Sale price of Armor - Repair with Enhancement - Repair without Enhancement

Tionese - 5025 creds - 502 creds - 468 creds

Campaign - 7220 creds - 612 creds - 568 creds

War Hero - 1 credit - 251 creds - 207 creds

Orange - 65 creds - 254 creds - 210 creds

Cartel - 3105 creds - 338 creds - 302 creds

Green - 1380 creds - 68 creds - n/a

Blue - 3105 creds - 155 creds - n/a

Recruit - 1 credit - 1 credit - n/a

Repair Cost / Sales Price

Tionese 0.09

Campaign 0.08

War Hero 254.0

Orange 3.85

Cartel 0.11

Green 0.05

Blue 0.05

Recruit 1.0*

The higher the sales prices, the worse the ratio becomes, the costlier the repairs will be.

Strong incentive to use PVP shells!

Notice, that the sales price for Blue and Green is lower, but so is the armor rating. However, the ratio still holds true.

Greens and Blues are actually the WORST - poor newbies! :(

*The Recruit Gear is the odd-man-out when it comes to the ratio: at a ratio of 1, it is not quite the best choice, but obviously paying just 1 credit per 5 durability makes this FREE gear set enormously attractive for fresh 50s, unlike the free Tionese which costs a lot to repair!

Repair cost percentage contributed by the enhancement:

Tionese 6.77%

Campaign 7.19%

War Hero 17.53%

Orange 17.33%

Cartel 10.65%

Green - N/A

Blue - N/A

Recruit - N/A

For Tionese chest, 5 durability costs 502 credits to repair:

251 credits come from the empty shell (50%)

164 credits from the armoring (32.67%)

53 credits from the mod (10.56%)

44 credits from the enhancement (6.77%)

Summary: Repair costs depends overwhelmingly on the sales price of the shell, not on any enhancements!

Hence, I stand by what I've said before:

The increased repair costs CLEARLY DOES NOT reflect any kind of "bug fix" for enhancement costs.

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

2/12/2013

•Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.

Shame on you Bioware for lying to your customers! :(

P.S. Many thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and information to this table!

Edited by Totaltrash
updated

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested the following medium armor Chest pieces:

Tionese Field Tech Jacket

Campaign Field Tech Jacket

War Hero Field Tech Jacket

Warrior's Vest (Orange, level 15)

Covert Torse Energy Armor (adaptive Cartel)

All chest pieces had the same standard 51 Tionese Armoring/Mod/Enhancement

All chest pieces were tested with and without that enhancement

The test was done from 100 to 95 durability

The Covert Torso was done from 120 to 115 durability

My toon was naked except for the chest piece, Fathraa's Thugs were hitting me until 95 durability was reached.

Results:

Armor type - Sale price of Armor - Repair with Enhancement - Repair without Enhancement

Tionese - 5025 creds - 502 creds - 468 creds

Campaign - 7220 creds - 612 creds - 568 creds

War Hero - 1 credit - 251 creds - 207 creds

Orange - 65 creds - 254 creds - 210 creds

Cartel - 3105 creds - 338 creds - 302 creds

Repair Cost / Sales Price

Tionese 0.09

Campaign 0.08

War Hero 254.0

Orange 3.85

Cartel 0.11

The higher the sales prices, the worse the ratio becomes, the costlier the repairs will be.

Strong incentive to use PVP shells!

Repair cost percentage contributed by the enhancement:

Tionese 6.77%

Campaign 7.19%

War Hero 17.53%

Orange 17.33%

Cartel 10.65%

Summary: Repair costs depends overwhelmingly on the sales price of the shell, not on any enhancements!

Hence, I stand by what I've said before:

The increased repair costs CLEARLY DOES NOT reflect any kind of "bug fix" for enhancement costs.

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

2/12/2013

•Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.

Shame on you Bioware for lying to your customers! :(

P.S. If someone else has posted a similar test already, I apologize for the redundancy.

I agree that it seems there is a new bug that includes the price of the shell in the repair calculations, but did you do these same calculations prior to 1.7? If not, how can you claim that there was not an actual bug prior to 1.7 that did not take into consideration any item modifications in calculating repair costs? I would hope that EA/BW fixes this apparent new bug to calculate repair costs on modable gear based on item modifications in the shell and ignore the shell itself, while still calculating non-modable gear based on vendor cost of the item.

I agree that it seems there is a new bug that includes the price of the shell in the repair calculations, but did you do these same calculations prior to 1.7? If not, how can you claim that there was not an actual bug prior to 1.7 that did not take into consideration any item modifications in calculating repair costs? I would hope that EA/BW fixes this apparent new bug to calculate repair costs on modable gear based on item modifications in the shell and ignore the shell itself, while still calculating non-modable gear based on vendor cost of the item.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but Bioware claimed that they fixed a bug regarding enhancements not being calculated into the repair costs.

Prior to 1.7, repair costs were calculated as follows:

Game Update 1.2 - Legacy

4/12/2012

•Modifiable items now have repair costs based on the level of their base modification.

I can say that was true, since I use PVP, PVE and Orange shells for my gear with 63 armorings and each item had approximately the same repair costs. However, I do not know if the enhancements were included in that.

If they were indeed not included, repair costs after 1.7 should have increased by approximately 10-15%.

However, many people experience repair costs double, triple or even more after this latest patch!

Hence, Bioware's claim in the patch notes is obviously incorrect.

THANK YOU SIR

one small thing could you also test with a blue and green , really want to see the full range if possible.

Sure, as soon as I can dig up some greens and blues, I'll add that to the table. :)

Yea seriously, I have a lv 25 bountyhunter with legacy gear full augments...

lose 40 durability = lose 10K

How does BW expect a lv 25 to come up with that kind of credit income.:rolleyes:

easy this is what bioware expects / wants to occur:

1. buy their cartel coins.

2. purchase cartel packs.

3. wait the day and a half for them to unbind

4. sell cartel coins on GTN to make credits

5. use credits to finance your repairs.

they in effect hope to become the credit sellers.

easy this is what bioware expects / wants to occur:

1. buy their cartel coins.

2. purchase cartel packs.

3. wait the day and a half for them to unbind

4. sell cartel coins on GTN to make credits

5. use credits to finance your repairs.

they in effect hope to become the credit sellers.

Ya know, I think your sarcasm is in reality, truth. :mad:

BW needs to act fast, I havent seen 70 page threads pop up so fast in my life. Not only that, they will need to publicly apoligize for their blatent error, or the people that canceled their subs are not going to re-sub. I am not canceling mine cause i just plain love Star Wars IP but I would rather they keep a larger playerbase for me to sink my lighsabers into.:D

And the point of this test is...? Repair costs are never an issue since Bioware can see how much people are earning doing various activities if they want to.

PvP ? never pay a repair cost.Wipe 10 times on the same boss? Youll pay for it heavily.In general i give pugs about 3 chances to get a boss down.If not, im usually done since ive got other stuff i can do.Either way, ive NEVER and i mean NEVER been broke in this game.My idea of broke is dropping below 100k.

Ive poured millions of credits into our guild bank for tabs since i use it the most.My guild has me to thank for that.Ive modded battlemaster, WH,EWH ,and two raid sets on my own using credits ive earned in game AND pulled all the mods out.Ive crafted augment kits AND the augments themselves placing them and pulling them out constantly.

Not once have repairs been an issue.Ive given guildies thousands if not millions of credits for repairs, items they wanted or mods and repair cost was NEVER an issue.

So i fail to sympathize.I work a full time job ,and have a life outside the game as well (shock and awe! )

Have a great day!

P.S. As of this posting i just bought my fifth cargo hold for 2 million credits...just saying!

Edited by Akomo
addition

How does BW expect a lv 25 to come up with that kind of credit income.:rolleyes:

Which suggests a bug. My level 36 sniper dies and pays only 1k in repair costs(I did do a specific test run for this). One possible bug I've heard is that it appears using remodded purples causes a cost to be charged twice.

And the point of this test is...? <snip>!

As you can imagine, this test costs me about 100K in mod-swapping. I can afford that and I could afford these new repair costs too, but many people cannot, especially not fresh 50's in Tionese with no alts. If Bioware does not change this, it will be detrimental to the game.

But regardless how you feel about the costs, the point of this test was to show that Bioware's claim in the patch notes is plainly false! I don't know about you, but I do not enjoy being lied to when I pay for something.

As you can imagine, this test costs me about 100K in mod-swapping. I can afford that and I could afford these new repair costs too, but many people cannot, especially not fresh 50's in Tionese with no alts. If Bioware does not change this, it will be detrimental to the game.

But regardless how you feel about the costs, the point of this test was to show that Bioware's claim in the patch notes is plainly false! I don't know about you, but I do not enjoy being lied to when I pay for something.

good post. with the repair costs being so high if you only have one 50 it's going to be a nightmare and you might want to make an alt after a week or two at being at 50 and then you want your 50 to support you low level alt by sending credits to the alt for training and some legacy things and money to buy speeders and medpacks and some gear from vendors. the high repair costs now make doing that a real problem.

And how often do you lose 40 durability on low levels? Once per 3 levels? If you tell me you are unable to get 10k at level 25 during 3 levels, then you are probably doing something wrong. And also, it seems that you have cash to spare, as full legacy augmented gear is not cheap.

thank you for the test.

There are still Eaware drones in this thread but the fact is that you did a proper test and it just proves that EAware is either just straight out lying to its user base or utterly incompetent. Two downtimes this week, plus one cancelled at the last minute, plus another planned for a saturday prime time evening in Europe.

And the point of this test is...? Repair costs are never an issue since Bioware can see how much people are earning doing various activities if they want to.

PvP ? never pay a repair cost.Wipe 10 times on the same boss? Youll pay for it heavily.In general i give pugs about 3 chances to get a boss down.If not, im usually done since ive got other stuff i can do.Either way, ive NEVER and i mean NEVER been broke in this game.My idea of broke is dropping below 100k.

Ive poured millions of credits into our guild bank for tabs since i use it the most.My guild has me to thank for that.Ive modded battlemaster, WH,EWH ,and two raid sets on my own using credits ive earned in game AND pulled all the mods out.Ive crafted augment kits AND the augments themselves placing them and pulling them out constantly.

Not once have repairs been an issue.Ive given guildies thousands if not millions of credits for repairs, items they wanted or mods and repair cost was NEVER an issue.

So i fail to sympathize.I work a full time job ,and have a life outside the game as well (shock and awe! )

Have a great day!

P.S. As of this posting i just bought my fifth cargo hold for 2 million credits...just saying!

Why you pay 2 mill for 5th cargo hold when they sell on gtn for 150k??

You know that just makes you look financially irresponsible...right??!!!! Just saying :(

As I said earlier, repair costs and resale values were already factoring shell and mods in before this patch.

Thanks for proving there's something wrong with the "item value" calculation 1.7 introduced, although there could have been something similar before : no way the shell should be such a big part of the repair cost.