New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

JackStarr

Actually, those who have 12 slots active because they're subscribed, will get a thirteenth slot when using the Cartelmarket Character Slot item thingy. Tested and confirmed.

However, those who had more than 12 active slots before the last patch, possible due to server mergers, will first need to unlock their existing "extra" slots, before they get yet more slots.

So for example OP had active 13 character slots on one server due to server mergers. The first extra slot he bought only enabled the 13th slot he already had, probably in case he deleted that 13th character. To unlock the 14th slot, he'd have to buy yet another 600cr unlock.

who confirmed this? because so far it seems like everybody claims that is not the case - not forgetting to mention the official statements say otherwise, too.

edit: ok I just found this

Hey folks! Here to clear things up a bit, the patch note is meant to let folks know that the standard character slot restrictions are now being enforced. In ADDITION to this, you may now purchase additional character slots to your heart's content. There is a limit, but it is very, very high and you will probably not reach it. So, if you are a subscriber and want to go beyond your 12 slots, by all means!

seems like I was wrong, after all.

hooray. guess someone here is going to create a few more chars tonight. theeeheehee.

Edited by amnie

You can have more characters than 12 per server if you buy them. However, if you buy them it may flag some of your existing toon's names as invalid. I bought a 13th last night and upon going back to the log in screen 2 of my toons were up for a rename. So be careful, you don't really have to rename the toons. You can fix this by quitting and relogging. I had to quit multiple times, but better than being on hold with customer service.

You can have more characters than 12 per server if you buy them. However, if you buy them it may flag some of your existing toon's names as invalid. I bought a 13th last night and upon going back to the log in screen 2 of my toons were up for a rename. So be careful, you don't really have to rename the toons. You can fix this by quitting and relogging. I had to quit multiple times, but better than being on hold with customer service.

That's a nasty bug. :(

Actually, those who have 12 slots active because they're subscribed, will get a thirteenth slot when using the Cartelmarket Character Slot item thingy. Tested and confirmed.

However, those who had more than 12 active slots before the last patch, possible due to server mergers, will first need to unlock their existing "extra" slots, before they get yet more slots.

So for example OP had active 13 character slots on one server due to server mergers. The first extra slot he bought only enabled the 13th slot he already had, probably in case he deleted that 13th character. To unlock the 14th slot, he'd have to buy yet another 600cr unlock.

Tested and not necessarily confirmed. Granted my situation is probably a fluke or some sort of bug, but as a Sub at 12/12 slots when attempting to purchase another slot the CC's were deducted from my total but no 13th slot has appeared nearly 48 hours later now.