Very confused on subs now.

Sorenia

Ok so we know the new "appreciation" is a one time 500CC. If that's it then what exactly is the advantage of subbing? Looking at the GTN I can bypass every restriction for a mere 50k credits each. Even if I hate farming I'm far better off canceling and spending a few bucks on the market to sell stuff for credits in game.

So what gives Bioware? I don't really care about "appreciation". I want some product to buy. I'll gladly spend $50 or more a month on this game. Have you become so blinded by gambling boxes that you forgot people will spend money on other things?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so we know the new "appreciation" is a one time 500CC. If that's it then what exactly is the advantage of subbing?

Other than all the advantages compared to being Preferred, I can't think of a single advantage.

If you're serious and you don't see any advantage, why are you still subscribing? The Preferred option is right there.

The advantage is that you don't have to micro manage cartel coins and unlocks. Sure, you could get pretty close if you unlock everything, on every toon you play, as well as bought weekly unlocks on other stuff. The only true advantage, that I can think of, is ranked warzones. If you don't feel the value then go preferred and buy your unlocks. Its that simple.

As far as I know the only one that matters is secure trading? I guess res probes might matter if you're still leveling.

Ranked warzones is one.

Credits is another. I personally don't care about RWZ, but I really do care about not having caps when it comes to credits.

I'm sure there must be a few more, but overall, Preferred status with account unlocks and a good amount of passes for OPs/FPs/WZs would give you a few months off subscription.

If you don't feel the value then go preferred and buy your unlocks. Its that simple.

The point is that if there's no reason to sub the game is going to devolve into something bad. Full F2P games thrive on tiny updates and gambling boxes. If people like me unsub then the game won't even be worth playing long term.

Edited by Sorenia

Ranked warzones is one.

Credits is another. I personally don't care about RWZ, but I really do care about not having caps when it comes to credits.

RWZ is used by .0001% of the population. Perhaps you didn't know they removed the credit cap though? You can now buy cheap items on the GTN which transfer money from your escrow to your active credit amount past the cap.

The point is that if there's no reason to sub the game is going to devolve into something bad.

But that's the thing: there are reasons to sub.

However, each of us gets to decide if the reasons to sub are enough to remain subbed. If not then you go preferred and hope that the game will eventually get better. Or just play once in a while, if you don't like it that much anymore. Or, just stop playing altogether.

RWZ is used by .0001% of the population. Perhaps you didn't know they removed the credit cap though? You can now buy cheap items on the GTN which transfer money from your escrow to your active credit amount past the cap.

I know about the escrow items, but I still don't like to rely on anyone else who'll put the escrow unlocks on the GTN at crazy prices so that only subscribers who are looking to go preferred will buy them. And even with the escrow unlocks, my cap would not be significantly increased. I already have to manage my RL finances. I don't want to have to deal with it in a game too.

Edited by TheNahash

The point is that if there's no reason to sub the game is going to devolve into something bad. Full F2P games thrive on tiny updates and gambling boxes. If people like me unsub then the game won't even be worth playing long term.

Oh, yeah, if you unsub the game is doomed.

The game will one day die, with or without you.

But that's the thing: there are reasons to sub.

This isn't selection bias. If you want to sub for subbing sake that's fine. The reality is that they've removed all the reasons to sub period.

As far as I am aware, doesn't subscribing give you unlimited warzones, flashpoints, access to all levels of armor, full GTN, 12 character slots and complimentary coins? For me, having all that unlocked is reason enough for me to sub, along with the fact that I like to support my favorite MMO. :)

As far as I am aware, doesn't subscribing give you unlimited warzones, flashpoints, access to all levels of armor, full GTN, 12 character slots and complimentary coins? For me, having all that unlocked is reason enough for me to sub, along with the fact that I like to support my favorite MMO. :)

You can get all that off the GTN now for cheap. About 300~400k a month. The equivalent of $5 in CC coins.

You can get all that off the GTN now for cheap. About 300~400k a month. The equivalent of $5 in CC coins.

Call me lazy if you will, but I'm just not too keen on having to unlock such features each week (Its taking me ages just to farm enough credits for some pink armor!) and as I said, I like to support my favorite MMO.

Just out of curiosity, for those asking for more benefits, what would you like as an extra insensitive? Personally speaking, I cant really think of much else that I would want.

Ok so we know the new "appreciation" is a one time 500CC. If that's it then what exactly is the advantage of subbing? Looking at the GTN I can bypass every restriction for a mere 50k credits each. Even if I hate farming I'm far better off canceling and spending a few bucks on the market to sell stuff for credits in game.

So what gives Bioware? I don't really care about "appreciation". I want some product to buy. I'll gladly spend $50 or more a month on this game. Have you become so blinded by gambling boxes that you forgot people will spend money on other things?

Pssst! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=658127

Call me lazy if you will, but I'm just not too keen on having to unlock such features each week (Its taking me ages just to farm enough credits for some pink armor!) and as I said, I like to support my favorite MMO.

Just out of curiosity, for those asking for more benefits, what would you like as an extra insensitive? Personally speaking, I cant really think of much else that I would want.

1. Exclusive gear for one - If I am preferred and unlock the ability to equip artifact gear, then I can access all the gear a sub can.

2. Titles - Unique title that can be unlocked just for subscribers.

3. Speaders and Fluff - Unique Speeders and other fluff items (unique pets etc.) that can only be unlocked as a sub.

4. Mods - Custom mods, Hilts, crystals, and augments with improved stats at endgame only unlock able or greed/needable by subs

5. Character Customizations - Unique hair, tattoos, jewerly, body types etc only usable by subs.

I could probably go on if I wanted to continue to summon the muse, but it's not that hard to see how EAware could add more incentives and make subs feel appreciated while possible increasing subs from f3pers

Oh look, a new and interesting topic. If you don't feel your sub is worth it, then quit subbing. Nobody needs to "convince" you there is a benefit to subbing. It's up to everyone to make their own cost/benefit analysis.

So, P2W? :rak_01:

Um, P2W would mean that the CM had items other then fluff. Subscriptions are not P2W, they are S2W, and frankly, when you are dealing with f2p /s2p systems then yes s2w would be ideal for both company and subscribers. Additionally, I never said we should get the above list for free, simply available if subers put the work in to get the items like, I don’t know,,, MMOs..

I am happy with my subscription thus the reason I still pay for it, however I am simply commenting and adding constructive feedback / opinion related to this post. So please, no need to troll with comments like “If you don’t like your sub then unusub” crockamamie,, yes I said crockamamie.

Your are being narrow sighted and subjective here.

For both brevity and clarity.....let me site just one example: A sub can have up to 22 characters on a server. A non-sub cannot.. no matter what they do or how long they hold their breath. There are a lot of players that actually have more then 16 characters on a server. For these players a sub is required.

There are dozens of other examples of why any given player might require a sub.. but I'm not going to cliff note them all for you in the thread. If you can't figure them out.. writing them for you will be a waste of time.

Here's what I think happened:

1/ Someone let slip about the idea of "subscriber appreciation" in a live stream Q&A to whoo fans who were watching it, however I believe this idea probably wasn't set in stone or forgotten about.

2/ Weeks later close to the date someone who watched the Q&A basically says "Dude where's my sub appreciation?":

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=655654

3/ Bioware are like ermm... oh crap:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6494532#post6494532

4/ The result "ermm... let's give them some cartel coins to shut them up":

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6510625#post6510625

In all honesty I don't believe there was any real subscriber appreciation planned, they may pull the wool over the communities eyes but this to me just seems a quick fix to a PR slip up.

For both brevity and clarity.....let me site just one example: A sub can have up to 22 characters on a server. A non-sub cannot.. no matter what they do or how long they hold their breath. There are a lot of players that actually have more then 16 characters on a server. For these players a sub is required.

There are dozens of other examples of why any given player might require a sub.. but I'm not going to cliff note them all for you in the thread. If you can't figure them out.. writing them for you will be a waste of time.

I have to agree with Andryah.

For both brevity and clarity.....let me site just one example: A sub can have up to 22 characters on a server.

There's nothing narrow sighted about ignoring such an edge case.

There are a lot of players that actually have more then 16 characters on a server.

No there are not. This is a completely 100% false statement. Unless your definition of "a lot" is under 1%. Don't even get me started on how many of that tiny percentage are just farming crew skills anyways.

Edited by Sorenia

No there are not. This is a completely 100% false statement. Unless your definition of "a lot" is under 1%. Don't even get me started on how many of that tiny percentage are just farming crew skills anyways.

While I cannot say how many players there are with more then sixteen characters, I do currently have sixteen on my server and plan to make more in the future (And no, I dont use them to farm crew skills. Actually, only a handful of my main characters even have crafting skills...) :)