Favorite toons are Empire side..but Empire is literally a living meme

Suromir

"Kills off own leaders, forces, and destroys own property due to petty internal power-grabs and infighting. Wonders why they can't win a war."

seriously. We get it. Empire bad. mmmkay.

can we get some flashpoints/daily areas/operations/story content where the main bbeg isn't some corrupt Sith tearing the empire apart?

"Kills off own leaders, forces, and destroys own property due to petty internal power-grabs and infighting. Wonders why they can't win a war."

can we get some flashpoints/daily areas/operations/story content where the main bbeg isn't some corrupt Sith tearing the empire apart?

I support this. Athiss. The Red Reaper. Both of the Ilum Flashpoints. A lot of the Sith storylines. The Bounty Hunter storyline even. Why don't we show the more dangerous, ruthless side of the Empire like they did with the IA story, instead of the backstabbiness all the freaking time?

The first part of the Sith warrior story is about countering a Jedi, it might involve killing Baras's own spies, but very few Imperials die.

Also part of the Sith philosophy is strength via conflict, internal conflict as well as external, this is a huge problem with the Sith, and can't be overlooked.

The first part of the Sith warrior story is about countering a Jedi, it might involve killing Baras's own spies, but very few Imperials die.

Also part of the Sith philosophy is strength via conflict, internal conflict as well as external, this is a huge problem with the Sith, and can't be overlooked.

I do agree with this but I think there is too much internal and not enough external.

I do agree with this but I think there is too much internal and not enough external.

which in makeb darth mar points out if they continue will destroy the empire, i feel the op will get his wish and see the empire soon hitting back hard.

which in makeb darth mar points out if they continue will destroy the empire, i feel the op will get his wish and see the empire soon hitting back hard.

and that's the first time the Sith and Empire look like they're playing to win, i think we'll see some sith resurrection coming up.

and that's the first time the Sith and Empire look like they're playing to win, i think we'll see some sith resurrection coming up.

Empire resurrection anyways. Maybe the Moffs come together and go "One on one, we'd lose, but an army versus one Sith, much better odds."

Seriously, the Sith can't come together, as it's against their own code/beliefs. The rest of the Empire however, time to clean house, and that means getting rid of the Sith Empire. Maybe have the Moffs team up with the Republic to start taking out the Darth Council one by one.

Empire resurrection anyways. Maybe the Moffs come together and go "One on one, we'd lose, but an army versus one Sith, much better odds."

Seriously, the Sith can't come together, as it's against their own code/beliefs. The rest of the Empire however, time to clean house, and that means getting rid of the Sith Empire. Maybe have the Moffs team up with the Republic to start taking out the Darth Council one by one.

I'd be surprised if we say any huge division like this in a faction, as it would require a lot of writing, coding, and it wouldn't fit in the progression of class quests.

Howver MUCH later in the game I could see a scenario where the emperor along with the Sith ruling class are ousted by the empire and antagonists to both factions.

Not the entire Sith Order though, because that would set different player character's in the same faction against eachother, which, while it would be cool, it would require alot of work from Bioware.

the sith oldest tradition is to destroy the republic and the jedi at any cost, its very likely that they will drop their infighting in order to win.

the sith oldest tradition is to destroy the republic and the jedi at any cost, its very likely that they will drop their infighting in order to win.

The Sith tradition of fratricide is at least 22,000 years old. Probably older, but we don't know about history before Adas.

The Sith tradition of losing wars to the Republic is a 'mere' 1,400 years old. Unless you also count the Dark Jedi defeat in the Hundred-Year Darkness as being a 'Sith tradition' because the likes of Ajunta Pall and XoXaan and Karness Muur fled into the Outer Rim to take over and rule the Sith after they lost. That's still only 3,400 years.

I'd *really* like to see Jedi performing something similar to the constant hiding + "Rule Of The Two" which the Sith performed for thousands of years until TPM.

Because that'd spawn a VERY different Jedi culture ...

Rewatch the Original Trilogy. Wish fulfilled.

Not fully. There is not "Rule Of Two", literally. There is no such a mentor to a Jedi like Darth Sidious was to Darth Maul.

Ben Kenobi had been there alone for 2 decades.

And they don't even use "hiding techniques". Luke merely hides within a group of rebels. Not fully trained, even.

SPOILERS AHOY.

-----------------------------

What. I've played the Sith Inquisitor, Warrior, and half of the bounty hunter so far on Empire side (and finished every Republic class storyline).

The Warrior hits the Republic's war making ability hard multiple times by slaughtering their head generals and stopping secret weapon projects while (depending on choices) maintaining a spy network and removing Sith who hinder the Empire more than they help it, like Darth Cartman. He does more than the Jedi Knight and arguably the Consular in helping the war effort. The consular raises an army and spends the first half of the story with jedi gone wild, the only major blow to the empire being revealing a previously invisible spy network. Whereas the knight's storyline has him take out an incompetent (read Deceived, Angral was a moron) Darth and then put the Emperor down for a few minutes until he manages to possess another body.

You're dead on about the Inquisitor though. That entire class storyline is essentially comedic sociopathy turned into an artform. To be fair, it's hardly the inquisitor's fault that other sith can't stop trying to murder her/him. Teneb Kel was also a weak coward who got his seat due to blackmailing the council and was willing to screw over the war effort just to stop the inquisitor from murdering him, good riddance.

Most of the Empire's problems stem from it's ruler, who has goals that go against everyone elses and has managed to keep them secret from the Empire and Republic at large. Pretty much every major internal issue from Malgus to the Dread Masters is a result of his plans, his evilness, or his absence.