From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

irishfino

What You Learn Now That It’s Over...

“Wake him up!” a voice shouted in through the fog in his mind. Where was he? He could smell chemicals and smoke and… and blood? Something jabbed him in the neck. His skin puckered and burned as he was injected with something.

“Why isn’t he waking up!?” the voice demanded. It – it was female. Jaesa? No, too squeaky. Vette. It was Vette. Goddammit, it was Vette!

“You nearly overdosed him, Twi’lek,” a male voice spat. He was close. In – in front of him. Pierce? No. No, too stiff. Stiff. Malavai. F**k. F**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k.

He struggled against the heaviness that had settled in each limb, in his head, in his mind. He willed his eyes to open. He pulled and tugged and struggled trying to wake himself from this nightmare.

“Do it, Broonie,” Vette spat viciously. “Do it and cleanse the clan!”

A grunt. A splatter of warmth. His eyes finally opened to the scene in front of him. Malavai skewered, Broonmark behind him, Vette just to the right of Broonmark. Malavai met his eyes for a brief moment until the vibrosword was torn from his chest. He sank to his knees, tried to speak, tried to gasp and coughed up blood instead. Then he fell. He fell to his side and stayed there. Vette laughed.

“There it is,” she whispered cruelly, “there’s the pain of separation. The pain of having someone ripped from you in front of your very eyes and there wasn’t a damn thing you could do about it. How does it feel, Ald?” She stepped forward and grinned evilly. “Tell me, baby, how does it feel?”

She ran the back of her hand down his cheek, smearing Malavai’s blood. Rage. He struggled against the bonds, reached to the Force and came up empty. Helpless. He howled at Vette as he struggled. Then a click, a clank, the sound of metal hitting metal. Freedom. He rocketed from the chair, screaming with rage, fists flying, the Force suffusing every muscle in his body.

“Wake up,” a voice insisted through the rage, the grief, the haze. “You’re dreaming, my Lord. Wake up.”

Ald slowly opened his eyes and squinted. His vision was hazy and the face of whoever was hovering over his head wobbled to and fro. Where was he? Who was this?

“There you are,” the voice piped happily. A male. He flashed a penlight in each of Ald’s eyes. “Your fever peaked. We had to move you to a different facility with more equipment and help on hand.”

“Lokin?”

“Got it in one!” Lokin said jovially. “And, before you ask, your Captain is perfectly fine. I believe he’s tying up some loose ends with your apprentice and the Lieutenant. Said he’d be back this evening when his mission was complete.”

“Wake me when he returns,” Ald said quietly.

“Of course. Get some rest, lad.”

“You seem unsettled, my Lord,” Malavai said quietly. He had returned an hour ago, but Ald remained silent after greeting him. The silence bothered him. He could tell Ald was thinking and he didn’t want to interrupt that, but something told him to pry. Well, not pry, but ask nicely. By not asking specifically and hoping Ald would open up.

“I had a dream while you were gone,” Ald murmured quietly. His face pinched with rage before his expression went lax. “Or experienced a memory.”

“I am here if you need me, my Lord.”

“Thank the stars for that mercy,” Ald whispered hoarsely. “We were… we were back on the transport. Vette was there and… twisted with rage and grief. I was bound. In a chair. You were – she had Broonmark – and the blood – then you fell and I screamed. She mocked me. Rubbed your blood into my cheek. Then I was free and she was dead and Broonmark was dead and you were somewhere and I woke up. I woke up and you weren’t here.”

“I see,” Malavai said quietly. “I wasn’t sure if you would remember what happened or not. She drugged you quite heavily, very nearly killed you with that alone. She also drugged the Lieutenant, but not quite as heavily. I’m not one hundred percent sure on how he did it in his drugged state, but he managed to slip me the remote for your cuffs.” He paused and swallowed roughly. “I – I knew what she was going to do. I hoped I would have the chance to free you. And to see you… one last time. I fully expected to die. I suppose the universe had other plans.”

“It never should have come to that,” Ald said fiercely. “I should have killed that foul creature the first chance I had.”

Malavai tilted his head and considered Ald for a few long moments before speaking again.

“No, my Lord,” Malavai said gently. “There are reasons you didn’t to begin with. I did not like Vette, at all, but, in the end, I understood her. I understood her feelings for you and I understood the desire to do anything to be with the one she loved. I left before and things were fine. Things got better for her. Were I to leave again, no matter the means, it made sense to her that things would return to the way they were when I left the first time. She was desperate and grieving and I was all too real an obstacle between the two of you. She was… pitiable.”

“I used her,” Ald said thickly. “I used her and threw her away when I was finished with her. I took – I took everything from her.”

“You are Sith, it is to be expected.”

“I was different.”

“Far be it from me to judge those in a higher station,” Malavai said stiffly.

“Do it. Do it as harshly as possible,” Ald said quietly.

Malavai sighed. He didn’t want to do this, but he knew Ald wouldn’t let up. He rose from his chair and went to the window. He placed his palms on the window sill, leaned in, and stared at the vegetation reclaiming the bombed out buildings and toxic marshes.

“You are different, my Lord,” Malavai said firmly. “That doesn’t mean you are not still Sith. Your situation was a difficult one. You had enemies to destroy, your emotional state was questionable, and you were… weakened by my leaving. We made our decisions without regard for those who would be affected by our selfish acts of need. I left for many reasons, but they all pale in comparison to the sheer amount of shame bearing down on me. I had to get away. In my selfishness, I put you in such a position.” He paused and turned to Ald, looking at him in profile. “In your selfishness, you used Vette to balance yourself. You knew she loved you. You knew you couldn’t fully return her affections, but you went along with it for the benefits she brought with her. She knew you never could. You never would. She told me as much.” He turned back to the window and straightened his back. “She made sure I knew how much it hurt. In the end, I pitied her.”

Ald was silent. He didn’t know what to say or what to think, if anything at all. He had warped her. He had knowingly used her for his own ends and was honestly surprised when it blew up in his face. He sacrificed her upon the altar of his selfish needs and desires. He indulged her fantasy then turned her away when the person he truly desired returned. He was a terrible creature. He was Sith. He was a brute.

Hot tears ran down his cheeks. Now he could grieve. He wasn’t sure when Malavai moved from the window to the bed to embrace him, but he was more than glad when Malavai's warm, strong arms swept him into a loving embrace. His shoulders shook silently. Sith Lords didn’t cry. Beasts didn’t cry. Brutes didn’t cry. But Ald did.

And it helped.

Notes:

I'll hit on exactly what Vette said when Malavai goes into the details of what happened on the transport vessel.

Edited by irishfino

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo Quinn (gah, these words, they are strange) for recognizing the selfishness of both of their actions. There were reaons it happened, but that doesn't make it right. So guilt and remorse is very much needed. Well done. (Ok, get this Quinn-fanclub sticker off me, I am not that far gone yet!)

(Ok, get this Quinn-fanclub sticker off me, I am not that far gone yet!)

*hides Quinn Apologist t-shirt behind her back, looking disappointed*

I liked this latest entry--oh, who am I kidding, I've liked all the entries. :D It was interesting to see Quinn being the voice of truth, so to speak. It'll be even more interesting to see how Ald deals with all of this emotional turmoil in the future.

Bravo Quinn (gah, these words, they are strange) for recognizing the selfishness of both of their actions. There were reasons it happened, but that doesn't make it right. So guilt and remorse is very much needed. Well done. (Ok, get this Quinn-fanclub sticker off me, I am not that far gone yet!)

[puts down the Quinn sash and hides the badges; coughs] Anyway... Quinn is a very brilliant tactician. Given the right data he can give out an accurate assessment even if it means slapping Ald in the feels a little bit. There's still much to deal with when it comes to Vette and what happened, but, ah, Quinn's a bit hard pressed to care at the moment... you'll see why. [giggles]

*hides Quinn Apologist t-shirt behind her back, looking disappointed*

I liked this latest entry--oh, who am I kidding, I've liked all the entries. :D It was interesting to see Quinn being the voice of truth, so to speak. It'll be even more interesting to see how Ald deals with all of this emotional turmoil in the future.

Entry love! That sounds naughty! XD. I imagine Quinn tears down people's feels for fun. See: Jillins. [snickers] Frothing at the mouth, indeed.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

A Different Kind of Hunger

Ald's fever broke two days later. Malavai rarely left his side and, when he did, Lokin was there chattering away about Malavai’s condition and the progress he was making. He was glad there was progress in such a short amount of time, but that meant he would plateau sooner rather than later. He wanted Malavai to return to his prior form. To be normal. To be sharp and cool and calculating. He was a selfish creature and he couldn’t stop himself. Memories of Vette haunted his dreams, her ghost stalked his waking hours. He had used her and he felt guilty. He was still Sith, wasn’t he? Sith didn’t feel guilt, but he was different. Until he used Vette for his own ends. He was no better than Baras, using people then throwing them away as soon as he was done. Baras. If not for him, he would not have come this far. If not for him, Malavai would have stayed. If not for him – no. This was his own doing. He didn’t want to think about this anymore, but he couldn’t pretend nothing happened. The results were right in front of him. He was laid up in a hospital bed while Malavai was – changed. He was different. He was still Malavai, but there was a new, animalistic element to him that he couldn’t suppress. He prided himself on his control and now – now he was off-kilter. There were times when he would stare. Just… stare at whatever crossed his path. He was tearing them down, examining them in his mind for weaknesses. He was hunting. Even here, even now he was on the hunt. It was unnerving, to say the least.

When a staff member entered the room to check on Ald, Malavai moved from his chair to the window. He stood at parade rest and waited for them to leave. It always took too long. It didn’t matter if it was a head popping in for a few seconds or someone staying for a few minutes to chat. It was too long. It put him on edge and he couldn’t figure out why. Or, rather, he ignored why. It sickened him to even think about it. He didn’t need it to survive. He wasn’t a beast. He was a man. He was a man, dammit, and he would not change. But he had. He had changed and he needed to come to terms with that, but he couldn’t. It was improper. It was unrefined. It was dirty. But it felt so good. So, so good. The thrill of the hunt, of the kill. The splattering of blood upon his face, warm and thick. Fresh flesh. He was hungry. It sickened him.

The staff member finally left after what seemed like ages. Malavai moved from the window, rotated his chair, and sat down. It was unlikely Ald would notice, he was in his own world, but no one needed to see him like this. No one needed to see him so desperate. No one needed to watch him devour raw meat with a joyful vigor that made him cringe after. Even still his hunger went unsated. Oh, he tried the meat, he really did. But it only seemed to make matters worse. It invigorated him and he hated the effects on his body. He tried to relieve the pressure on his own. Honestly, that rarely worked at the best of times. It was wholly unsatisfactory now. He ground his teeth and growled quietly. And that! That – that frustration, that growling. That wasn’t him. That wasn’t him on any level! He couldn’t help himself and growled again.

“I can hear you growling, Malavai,” Ald said calmly.

“It’s nothing, my Lord,” Malavai replied stiffly.

“I can feel your tension through the Force.”

Malavai sighed. “It’s these… changes, my Lord.” He rose from the chair and approached the bed. “I have prided myself on my control. I’m sure it’s preferable to death or fully transforming, but I… cannot reconcile this new side of my bubbling personality.”

Ald smiled in spite of himself. Malavai’s face relaxed slightly.

“I find myself struggling with this new part of myself. There are… primal desires I am not used to dealing with.”

“Like what?”

“The desire to stalk prey and kill it. And… other desires.” He rolled his tongue around the word other. It sent a shiver down Ald’s spine.

“I don’t think they’ll come to bother me for a few hours.”

“Only a few?” Malavai asked lowly. Another shiver. “It will have to do, I suppose.”

Edited by irishfino

Pillow Talk

Ald was right, it was a few hours before anyone checked on him. Malavai idly wondered if he had bribed the staff to leave him in peace for a while. He could ask outright though Ald was more likely to chuckle at him than say anything. He smiled at the thought and snuggled closer to Ald. Ald chuckled and wiggled back a little. They fit together quite nicely, spooned like this.

“You know, I’d be inclined to think you had never done this before,” Ald murmured quietly. Then he chuckled quietly. “Right until you released the brakes on the wheels and moved the bed from the wall.” He chuckled some more. “Am I ever going to be your first experience at something?”

Malavai shuffled back as far as he could and tugged Ald toward him until he turned around to face him.

“You will be,” Malavai said, his voice firm, but light and full of meaning. “I hope to put this place behind us soon.”

“There are a lot of things to put behind us,” Ald murmured forlornly.

“We’ll get through them, Ald,” he insisted.

“We need a vacation.”

“Yes, somewhere nice and quiet.”

“Alderaan?”

“As long as it doesn’t blow up anytime soon, that would work nicely. Shall I make the arrangements?”

“I already have,” Ald said with a lopsided grin.

Malavai chuckled quietly. “You are quite the schemer, my Lord.”

“I prefer the term planner. Much more dignified,” Ald said with false uppityness.

“Are you mocking me?” Malavai asked with faux seriousness.

“Who, me?” Ald asked playfully.

Malavai smiled then leaned forward and captured Ald’s lips. When he pulled back, Ald was blushing furiously.

“Already?” Ald asked quietly.

Malavai’s response was a deep chuckle.

Notes:

Just a short today, lol.

Edited by irishfino

That really is a ferocious appetite. And what experience! Quinn hasn't had Cipher training, has he?

Ald and Quinn are in their honeymoon stage it seems... they're not even engaged yet! >.< Darn it guys!

As for Quinn, he is trained in infiltration. Maybe there's a little Cipher training in there. Plus, as a medic, he would know all the bed tricks.

Ladies.

Ok, I totally snorted there. Totally, lol.

Heeheee!!

As intended!! XD

As for this one, d'awww. Loved the little moment there about first times, it's a sweet sort of promise about the future, in less words.

Ald and Quinn will likely have a very long and happy life together. As long as I'm not evil. :rak_03:

Thanks for reading everyone!!

Edited by irishfino

That’s a New One

Alderaan was rather nice. Temperate climate, Empire friendly in some areas, and this suite was downright palatial. Naturally, the first thing they examined in any form of detail was the bedroom. And the bed. Afterwards, they sat down at the table for tea, nibbles and conversation.

“I noticed your adoptive aunt is named Aldriana,” Malavai said conversationally. He poured himself a cup of tea and took a sip. Still a bit hot and a tad too sweet, but it would work.

“Yes,” Ald replied. He took a rather large bite of scone and grinned. Delicious and fruity and sweet. He was in heaven.

“Your name is Aldrdinar and your daughter is named Aldra. She mentioned someone named Aldria coming to heal me after that Jedi tried to quarter me. Is there some sort of reason for that?”

Ald choked on his bite of scone then grabbed his teacup and gulped it down. Oh, stars that was hot! After flailing about for a few moments, and trying to avoid the very amused gaze of Malavai, Ald cleared his throat.

“My master, Lord Inusitus, was rather attached to his sister, Aldriana. It’s where he got the idea for my name. Aldra is named after me, at least in part.” He paused and sipped his tea. “So is Aldria.”

Malavai spat out his tea. “When did you start having children!?”

Ald blushed. “It’s not what you think, I swear.”

“Please explain. In great detail.”

“Have you heard of Lord Abaron?”

“The fanatical Pureblood who wants to increase the Pureblood population and weed out those of non-Pureblood descent?”

“Yes, him. He sought out any Purebloods who could produce – ah – genetic material for – for breeding.”

“Ald…”

“It was good money!”

“He paid you!? That’s insane!”

“He really wants to increase the Pureblood population,” Ald said with a small sigh. “I was very young at the time, fresh from the jungles and not used to attention that wasn’t negative. And credits. A lot of credits per – ah – sample.”

“I can see the appeal, though I am a tad confused about the ages of your children,” Malavai said. He took a sip of tea. “Aldria looked near twenty. You are far too close in age for that to be possible.”

“Ah, that,” Ald said quietly. “I might be older than I originally thought. It was difficult determining my own age.”

“We could run a scan to check,” Malavai supplied helpfully.

“It’s not an issue, is it?”

“For curiosity’s sake.”

“Meaning you.”

“Yes, meaning me.”

Ald chuckled. “You’re adorable.”

Malavai sat up a little straighter. “I have no idea what you mean, my Lord,” he said stiffly.

“Well, get on with it then,” Ald sighed.

“I don’t have my scanner on me, my Lord. I’m quite naked at the moment.”

Ald laughed. “How could I have forgotten?”

Malavai grinned and shook his head. “I haven’t the slightest, my Lord.”

“We’ll run the scan later.”

“As you decree, my Lord.”

Notes:

Ald's age: I'm going to blame being traumatized by being ditched in the jungle at six and having to learn a new way of life on Ald's age discrepancy. >.> <.< That works.

As for Abaron, it made sense to me that this man would create some sort of Pureblood breeding program. So much sense I wrote a small blurb about it: Lord Abaron is the head of a division to create more blood purity within the walls of the Sith academy on Korriban. Ald signs up and donates his genetic material to Abaron’s goals. This produces several children, all of whom Ald knows and contacts frequently.

Ald's legacy in-fic is a bit different than it is in-game, but that has more to do with the weird legacy system and me changing a few things around than anything else. I'm indecisive. :D

Bwahaha... XD I don't know if the setup was intentional or not, but

I didn't realize they were still naked (or at least one of them is..) until it was mentioned. That turned my mental image of them sitting down for tea completely upside-down. :D

• 2 weeks later...
All the Alds :D

There are so many Alds, they to have different nicknames. Something not Ald, lol.

Bwahaha... XD I don't know if the setup was intentional or not, but

I didn't realize they were still naked (or at least one of them is..) until it was mentioned. That turned my mental image of them sitting down for tea completely upside-down. :D

:D That's what I was going for.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Change of Uniform

“M-my Lord, that uniform is not becoming of your station,” Quinn said, thoroughly scandalized at Ald’s state of dress. Sure, his new Lord hadn’t worn a shirt the entire time they worked together on Balmorra, but this – this was madness!

“I liked the way it made your bum look,” Ald said defensively.

“I’m sure we could have armor fitted to give you the look you desire for your backside,” Quinn replied stiffly. He pointedly ignored Ald’s mention of his bum. No use in embarrassing them both.

“Are you saying this doesn’t look good?”

“It looks perfectly fine.” Quinn paused. “For an officer in the Imperial Navy. You are a Sith. You should be wearing armor befitting a Sith Lord.”

“I deem this befits me. What now?” Ald said testily.

Quinn sighed quietly. “I will not argue with you, of course, but I do not agree with you. At all.”

“Noted and ignored.”

“I’m used to it.”

Ald laughed. “You seem used to my relaxed nature as well.”

Quinn started. “I – I didn’t mean to offend, my Lord.”

Ald laughed again. “I’m not upset. I’m rather proud of myself, getting you to open up like this. I like it. Please, continue this trend.”

“As you wish, my Lord.”

Notes:

I've rolled another Ald (Aldrdinarr. Sounds like a pirate, yarrr) because I have absolutely no record or memory of his first run. He's being mean to Vette for some strange reason... I wonder what it is. ;) Anyway, this came about from my recent re-finish of Balmorra. Ald Jr. is now in a Clandestine top with Sniper's Leggings and boots on. Like an Imperial bawse.

Edited by irishfino

I'm still of the mind that the Imperial uniform is the sexiest uniform in the galaxy and has a large fan-base in the Republic, Outer Rim and, of course, the Empire.

"The Empire is invading, you say? Let me activate these strategically located cameras."

I'm still of the mind that the Imperial uniform is the sexiest uniform in the galaxy and has a large fan-base in the Republic, Outer Rim and, of course, the Empire.

"The Empire is invading, you say? Let me activate these strategically located cameras."

Turning any and all visitors away: "I'm busy studying...military history. Try calling back later."

It *is* a ridiculously well-tailored uniform, and pretty much everyone looks good in it (stuffy Naval officers' observations notwithstanding). Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Marauder in Imperial greys; must pay more attention. XD

Is there an orange version that can be crafted? Or is it an item we need to suggest as adaptive gear in the cartel market? I have a hankering to put my mara in an Imperial uniform now...

There are a couple. Hammer Lookout's trousers are a lovely white (which go with everything) and the level 40-ish grey/black Medic's chest is just gorgeous. If I didn't already have my Vendetta for my Agent, he'd be wearing that.

Is there an orange version that can be crafted? Or is it an item we need to suggest as adaptive gear in the cartel market? I have a hankering to put my mara in an Imperial uniform now...

Almost any gear that can be worn by an Agent can be worn by a Marauder.

My Marauder is usually in her RD-03A Recon Jacket (also here) but keeps a Hooligan's Jacket for special occasions.

I can confirm that Quinn will sleep with you if you wear this. Have at it, Aldrdinar!

Edited by bright_ephemera