Your favourite Star Wars ideology,

Rayla_Felana

my point was that Kreia wasn't the first to come up with the idea of viewing both sides of it to come to a more complete understanding... she and the Je'daii did the exact same thing they just drew radically different conclusions from it... the Je'daii did it and said "hey this is great we need to continue to do it and live in balance" while Kreia did it and said "hey the force sucks"

Kreia was insane , most of the things she said was that of a insane person . Kinda like Revan in SWTOR . You have to wonder if Kreia is his mother with the things that was coming out his mouth .............

my point was that Kreia wasn't the first to come up with the idea of viewing both sides of it to come to a more complete understanding... she and the Je'daii did the exact same thing they just drew radically different conclusions from it... the Je'daii did it and said "hey this is great we need to continue to do it and live in balance" while Kreia did it and said "hey the force sucks"

I still disagree, I don't believe any of Kreia's beliefs concern understanding of the light and dark at all. She's just a jedi that fell to the darkside, and became dissluioned with the Force - this gives her a grey jedi feel because neither Sith or Jedi reject the Force and both think there's is stronger.

Personally, I tailor my character's goals and opinions based on how I believe the class should be played.

Jedi Knight: The Republic is a bastion of Peace in the galaxy that the Jedi must defend. And he shall do everything in his power to destroy all enemies, foreign and domestic. A true Knight of the Republic, he guards her people with not only his Lightsaber, but the Force as well.

Jedi Consular: A Paragon of Light, the Jedi Consular acts as a beacon of Light in the Darkness, banishing the Sith with power of the Force, but will prefer subtle peace talks over the brutality of battle. He acts as a diplomat of the Jedi Order and will do everything he can to talk the Sith down. But if that doesn't work, the Force will guide him.

Trooper: All of his might goes into protecting the Republic to which he has pledged himself to. Prepared to sacrifice all to defend freedom and justice throughout the galaxy. His blaster cannons are pointed right at the Sith Empire, prepared for their inevitable return.

Smuggler: Money, his ship and (especially) women. The Smuggler has joined the Republic for credits, but has come to believe in their cause and will do anything he can to lend a hand. The best weapon the Republic could ask for: a loose cannon that doesn't play by the rules. He's ready to kick butt and play cards... except he's all out of cards.

Bounty Hunter: The life of a Bounty Hunter revolves around a single choice: to kill or not to kill. He has chosen not to kill his targets unless ordered to. Credits used to be a priority, but his morals have evolved into catching his targets with honor. No merciless killing. His path is long, and the Empire has contracted the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.

Imperial Agent: Service to the Empire comes with a price. The Empire demands perfection and the Agent will give it to them. No target escapes the agent... and any loose ends are dealt with. Always professional and never compromising in his mission. The Empire's deadliest secret weapon is not Sith.

Sith Inquisitor: Power above all things. Power to crush the Republic and any who oppose him. Rising from the lowest levels to the highest in the Empire, the Inquisitor is an uncompromising and feared Sith Lord, even amongst members of the Sith Empire. But his plans are far greater than any could suspect.

Sith Warrior: The Sith are the arms of the Emperor and the Warrior is the blade. Ruthless, merciless and indomitable. The Warrior is a mighty weapon, honed for the Emperor's use to crush the Republic. Nothing will stand in his way. Nothing will stop him from becoming the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. And with his rise, the Republic falls.

Personally, I tailor my character's goals and opinions based on how I believe the class should be played.

Jedi Knight: The Republic is a bastion of Peace in the galaxy that the Jedi must defend. And he shall do everything in his power to destroy all enemies, foreign and domestic. A true Knight of the Republic, he guards her people with not only his Lightsaber, but the Force as well.

Jedi Consular: A Paragon of Light, the Jedi Consular acts as a beacon of Light in the Darkness, banishing the Sith with power of the Force, but will prefer subtle peace talks over the brutality of battle. He acts as a diplomat of the Jedi Order and will do everything he can to talk the Sith down. But if that doesn't work, the Force will guide him.

Trooper: All of his might goes into protecting the Republic to which he has pledged himself to. Prepared to sacrifice all to defend freedom and justice throughout the galaxy. His blaster cannons are pointed right at the Sith Empire, prepared for their inevitable return.

Smuggler: Money, his ship and (especially) women. The Smuggler has joined the Republic for credits, but has come to believe in their cause and will do anything he can to lend a hand. The best weapon the Republic could ask for: a loose cannon that doesn't play by the rules. He's ready to kick butt and play cards... except he's all out of cards.

Bounty Hunter: The life of a Bounty Hunter revolves around a single choice: to kill or not to kill. He has chosen not to kill his targets unless ordered to. Credits used to be a priority, but his morals have evolved into catching his targets with honor. No merciless killing. His path is long, and the Empire has contracted the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.

Imperial Agent: Service to the Empire comes with a price. The Empire demands perfection and the Agent will give it to them. No target escapes the agent... and any loose ends are dealt with. Always professional and never compromising in his mission. The Empire's deadliest secret weapon is not Sith.

Sith Inquisitor: Power above all things. Power to crush the Republic and any who oppose him. Rising from the lowest levels to the highest in the Empire, the Inquisitor is an uncompromising and feared Sith Lord, even amongst members of the Sith Empire. But his plans are far greater than any could suspect.

Sith Warrior: The Sith are the arms of the Emperor and the Warrior is the blade. Ruthless, merciless and indomitable. The Warrior is a mighty weapon, honed for the Emperor's use to crush the Republic. Nothing will stand in his way. Nothing will stop him from becoming the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. And with his rise, the Republic falls.

Oooh I like it. I'd agree with you here, I play each character how their meant to be played (although I mainly play darkside)

My BH ideology is a bit different though: My Bounty Hunter always fulfills his contract, he'll do whatever means necessary to complete the job and earn his pay, and he never betrays his employers (ok, almost never). If the price is right, he'll do it. If theres a bounty on its head, he'll kill it. He believes in challenges, and bettering himself in honest battle, but he doesn't see any honor in killing and doesn't care for it.

Eventually going to do a Sentinel, Sage, Juggernaut, Assassin.

Sentinel: My sentinel would be along the lines of the Oath from Kingdom of Heaven. Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong - that is your oath. -SLAP!- That is so you remember it!

Sage: I am the keeper of wisdom. I am a servant of the light, I will be a beacon of hope. My powers are to defend others, never to attack.

Juggernaut: [the rifleman's creed changed into the saber's creed.] This is my saber. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My saber is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My saber, without me, is useless. Without my saber, I am useless. I must stab my saber true. I must stab straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must stab him before he stabs me. I will...

My saber and myself know that what counts in this war is not the blaster bolts we block, the noise of our swing, or the light we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My saber is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its emitter. I will keep my saber clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before the force, I swear this creed. My saber and myself are the wrath of the sith. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is Empires' and there is no enemy, but GLORY!

Assassin: [A modified Version of the Assassin's Creed] Where other men blindly follow the path to power, Remember, nothing is true. Where other men are limited by decadence, power, or lust, Remember, everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the Empire. We are assassins.

I saw more than a few people talking about the Force and making reference to the ideal that there is no Light or Dark to the Force, but a Light and Dark in people. I believe in this theory myself, but I've noticed it's been mislabeled. It's not the "Unifying Force", it's actually called the Potentium.

The Star Wars Wiki article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium

Just figured I'd add a bit to the conversation, especially since I believe in this theory to be the proper way to approach Force belief. Revan and Kreia followed this belief thousands of years before it was given a name by Leor Hal and they were two very powerful Force users, not just in their talents, but in their actual philosophies. Granted, it is still speculated whether or not they really did follow the idea, it's pretty heavily assumed that they did with what they taught and said.

Anywho, just wanted to throw that out there.

I saw more than a few people talking about the Force and making reference to the ideal that there is no Light or Dark to the Force, but a Light and Dark in people. I believe in this theory myself, but I've noticed it's been mislabeled. It's not the "Unifying Force", it's actually called the Potentium.

The Star Wars Wiki article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium

Just figured I'd add a bit to the conversation, especially since I believe in this theory to be the proper way to approach Force belief. Revan and Kreia followed this belief thousands of years before it was given a name by Leor Hal and they were two very powerful Force users, not just in their talents, but in their actual philosophies. Granted, it is still speculated whether or not they really did follow the idea, it's pretty heavily assumed that they did with what they taught and said.

Anywho, just wanted to throw that out there.

I like this theory, but Kreia actually believed in 'The Insidious Force' - the belief that the Force was some kind of indifferent, deceptive deity that cares nothing for the death it causes in the universe as long as balance in the Force is achieved. It that way it betrayed its users, by making them live its lie, for they are actually unwitting pawns in its goal to maintain balance. Thats why she believed the only way to be free from the Force was to destroy it.

As crazy as Kreia's view sounds, I actually quite like it. Even the Jedi believe that the Force is always striving to maintain balance e.g. the Chosen One - and how much death and destruction did he cause to bring balance to the Force? And the Unifying Force believed the Force was a deity and that it was neither light or dark. And lets face it, the star wars galaxy would probably be a better place without the Force. Think of all the wars caused by Force users (which by the way is basically everyone) the Great Hyperspace War, the Great Galatic War 1 & 2, the Clone Wars, the Great Sith War, the Force Wars, the Hundred Years Darkness etcera etcera. I think the only war not caused by force users was the Yuuzhan Vong War (and those weird aliens probably had the force too)

Lol, aren't I just a little Trayarite. Death to the Force! :D

And lets face it, the star wars galaxy would probably be a better place without the Force. Think of all the wars caused by Force users (which by the way is basically everyone) the Great Hyperspace War, the Great Galatic War 1 & 2, the Clone Wars, the Great Sith War, the Force Wars, the Hundred Years Darkness etcera etcera. I think the only war not caused by force users was the Yuuzhan Vong War (and those weird aliens probably had the force too)

Actually, that's not true.

Think about the Hutt-Xim conflict, the Tionese War, the Pius Dea Crusades, the 17(!) Coruscant-Alsakan conflicts, the Great Droid Revolution, the Mandalorian Wars (even though the Sith had a hand in it), the Stark Hyperspace War and many, many more.

Actually, the Jedi have prevented far more wars through diplomacy than they caused. The Sith, of course, started lots of wars.

P.S. The Yuuzhan Vong were totally cut off from the Force.

Edited by Maaruin

Actually, that's not true.

Think about the Hutt-Xim conflict, the Tionese War, the Pius Dea Crusades, the 17(!) Coruscant-Alsakan conflicts, the Great Droid Revolution, the Mandalorian Wars (even though the Sith had a hand in it), the Stark Hyperspace War and many, many more.

Actually, the Jedi have prevented far more wars through diplomacy than they caused. The Sith, of course, started lots of wars.

P.S. The Yuuzhan Vong were totally cut off from the Force.

The Stark Hyperspace War and the Mandalorian Wars both had sith involvement, and the Mandalorian Wars was orchestrated by the Sith and led to a Jedi Civil War and then the Dark Wars. But your right, there are a number of wars caused by other forces, but the largest and the most are caused by Force Users and lead to death on a massive scale. The Mandalorian Wars especially led to countless death and destruction, and the Great Galatic War looks to do the same. Admittedly its a quite one-sided, this Sith cause much of the trouble and the Jedi prevent it - but aren't sith just fallen Jedi? It seems a vicious and unfair circle, for all those who non-force sensitives who have to suffer.

Some also mentioned that killing the Force would lead to the death of all life, while there's no concrete evidence that is true, its probably close to the truth. Still, force sensitivity can be repressed. And I don't mean killing all force sensitives, people can be cut off from the Force - Meetra Surik is Kreia's example of this, the only reason people die from such a ritual is because they can't bear to live with out it.

I've heard that the Mandalorians are ruined now, they're pacifists or something? Is it true? Pleaase tell me it isn't, I'm getting tired of Star Wars being ruined.

You heard correct :p

Don't worry though, it looks like they're gonna bring them back. (But they're fate was sealed ever since Kreia prophesied that the last Mandalorian would be killed by a Jedi being Mace Windu - sorry, Kreia is never wrong)