*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)

PepiDeto

I promoted Jorgan as other people have pointed out he is the most experienced officer you have and he got scapegoated after Ord Mantell. On a more meta level Elara was almost always with my trooper adventuring which rather gets in the way if all the chain of command is hip dip in enemies all the time.:p

Yeah, I think it's called a Court Martial for acts unbecoming.

THIS.

I disapprove of the relationship between the Trooper and Dorne/Jorgan simply because it's the kind of thing that could get them a dishonorable discharge.

Heck, Temple in the IA storyline states that a relationship with a superior officer in Chiss Ascendancy would mean that the subordinate is supposed to go on a suicide mission if discovered (and die:eek:).

Still for some reason Dorne fills out a form allowing them to get married so, maybe Star Wars has different laws.

The kind that allow a Senator to create and plan a massive armory and all the accompanying weapons (trillions of trillions of credits!) without anyone knowing.

I promoted Jorgan. He was the scapegoat when Tavus and the others defected and he didn;t deserve to be. he has more experience and has been with the squad longer. He is also the love interest for my female trooper. Elara is a very capable officer but is not yet XO material.

pretty much this reason right here.

I picked Jorgan, because he got shafted on Ord Mantell - in my opinion, he should've gotten command of Havoc Squad, since he had leadership experience in the Deadeyes. The fact that they picked me, a rookie, to command the squad, could have ended in disaster - it didn't, but it could've. Jorgan deserves it. And hey, I'm romancing Elara, so it could be seen as favoritism if I promoted her - and besides, she gets promoted to Lieutenant in Act III anyway. :D

I picked Elara.... Deep in heart I'm true Imperial, and I do hope that her "defection" is top secret plot of Imperial Intelligence to put some agents in the ranks of Republic military. So with her promotion, I'm putting a possible cipher agent in possession of most treasured republic spec ops squad and military secrets.

And what cross-class story possibility it has,

my agent, who is now head of new Sith Intelligence black ops, being fed on Havoc activity by Dorne :D

Who knows, maybe even intelligence staged that Tavus stuff, as they then can set the stage on Taris and made sure Elara joins Havoc :)

I picked Dorne because I wanted an intelligent by-the-book officer as my second in command . That way I always know what orders are being given when I'm not around rather than having a nasty suprise because Jorgan got too emotional about something. Also I come off as the good guy whenever I excuse someone for an infraction. So does Jorgan for that matter. He can use his superior combat experience as my sergeant leading the troops.

And he get's promoted again by the end of the game anyway.

This will be a hard choice for me, when I come to it, because I LOATHE them both.

I particularly hate Dorne and her ceaseless quoting of regulations, and having to have the last word, if you disagree or say something that displeases 'MissholierthanthoughRegulationsSubsection2A'. I would shoot this woman out the airlock if I could, and Jorgan wouldn't be far after her. I have no interest in him as a love interest or an XO.

That said, I suppose, seniority and experience come into play, and I'll give it to Jorgan.

I'd love to pull a Darth Zhorrid and command them both to pick up a gun and shoot each other. Then I'd be happy. :rolleyes:

Jorgan, it seemed right for some reasons:

- He's the type that "get things done", no matter what, regulations can go to hell

- He has more field experience

- I was romantically involved with Dorne, so no point to favor her with an open promotion: it felt wrong to do that; also she was relatively a new joiner of the squad, former imperial, so a lot of external observers could have think bad about it

- He was unjustly degraded for the mistake of others on Ord Mantell and i've got his post and his role thanks to that: the least i could do was to restore his previous rank

- Last but not least, putting two humans (me and Elara) at the command of a multi-specie team dosn't look nice to represent Republic ideals

• 9 months later...
If the story followed what happens in real life at all, both the Player Character and Jorgen/Dorne would have their careers destroyed and be stripped of command, and quite possibly be booted from the Army, for having a romantic relationship at all. Jorgen is a subordinate officer so fraternizing with him would be a career killer. Dorne is even worse, being enlisted and under the Trooper's command, since then theres the specter of the possibility that the Trooper was abusing his command authority to get in her pants. In Dorne's case, she might be able escape getting a dishonorable discharge, but only if she were willing to throw the Trooper under the bus to saver her own ***.

Even worse still is that it's Wartime. So there will be very little chance that anyone would escape unscathed. At best, both the Trooper and the LI would be separated and sent to different units after getting busted. Units far enough apart that interaction would be impossible outside of scheduled leave time. Oh, and both could kiss any hope of advancement or promotion goodbye.

The surviving Havoc officer wouldn't even miss out on the *hitstorm, as he or she would have no ground to stand on to plead ignorance. They might retain command of Havoc after the Trooper and his/her LI are hammered, but it's not likely. Dorne could probably field a case that as enlisted personnel, she was nervous about outing a command officer she was assigned to. Doing so would probably save her career and keep her on as Havoc's new CO. Jorgen would be screwed over hard, as this situation would be the second time an egregious violation of Military Law happened on his watch. Even if he remained part of the Army, he'd be branded both incompetent and a troublemaker and his career would effectively be over.

TLDR: Romancing Elara or Jorgen is fun and cute, but were it to happen in a real military unit it would destroy Havoc Squad completely. Best not to measure it next to real life. :p

Hear hear! So far, Bioware shows that they really like putting people in position for fraternization. Commander Shephard gets romance options with a subbordinate enlisted person, The Jedi Knight story romances his Padawan for gosh sakes (I forget, maybe she is no longer a Padawan by the time you can romance her, so maybe it's not so bad), and the Trooper story is definitly that.

One thing I noticed, on Taris, is that the Trooper calls Elara an officer for some reason. Maybe Sergeant First Class is an "officer" rank in the Star Wars military?

Hear hear! So far, Bioware shows that they really like putting people in position for fraternization. Commander Shephard gets romance options with a subbordinate enlisted person, The Jedi Knight story romances his Padawan for gosh sakes (I forget, maybe she is no longer a Padawan by the time you can romance her, so maybe it's not so bad), and the Trooper story is definitly that.

One thing I noticed, on Taris, is that the Trooper calls Elara an officer for some reason. Maybe Sergeant First Class is an "officer" rank in the Star Wars military?

Kira and the JK are Padawans at the same time and basically the same age. JK just gets promoted to Jedi sooner and they say take her as your padawan, but it's really more of a partnership. At least, the partnership is how it plays out with a female JK, maybe it comes off as more "I'm training you to be a Jedi" with the male JK?

I chose Elara - being a healspec Commando, I ran around with Jorgan and left her behind to deal with the paperwork. I figured that that was the best place to put the XO of Havoc Squad - give her some weight to throw around on requisitions etc.

Kira and the JK are Padawans at the same time and basically the same age. JK just gets promoted to Jedi sooner and they say take her as your padawan, but it's really more of a partnership. At least, the partnership is how it plays out with a female JK, maybe it comes off as more "I'm training you to be a Jedi" with the male JK?

More of "want to sleep with you" if it's M!JK. If you don't take the romance path, it seems to be about the same as F!JK.

• 6 months later...

I personally did not care about the romance.

Jorgan deserves it. He's more experienced. Dorne is a junior and yet unproven. She's all about the book. She needs to gain experience.

Elara is my main companion (I'm a tank, she's a healer). I'll let Jorgan in charge of the ship and my squadmates while I'm gone.

Well, an important thing to note is that a majority of military forces did not have rules about fraternization in the least, and it's made clear that the Republic has bureaucratic ways to go about courting someone under your command. If you romance Temple as an Imperial Agent, she mentions that they'll probably have to keep it a secret, since Imperial Intelligence would likely seperate and/or kill one of them.

Also, Kira is pretty much your equal, you just are THE CHOSEN ONE. From what I remember, she's actually a little older than you - you just are the strongest Jedi to come out of training in a long time, and get promoted fast.

Nadia, however, is a super creepy romance, because she officially is your Padawan and actually acts like it - you actually have the duty of teaching her how to do things, and a male Consular uses that position to get in her robes. Ick.

Edit: Also, I picked Dorne because Jorgan was complaining about her constantly, as well as complaining about his demotion, and generally wasn't portrayed in a way a leader should be (he was angry, whiny, he insulted people under his command, belittled everything when he had the rank to do so). Dorne was by the book, and promoting her was a big step towards showing that the Republic promotes efficiency and those who follow the rules, regardless of their heritage.

I was dating Jorgan and he actually pulls the 'but we're in a relationship!' card IIRC. That just proves he's unsuited to being promoted.

Edited by FabulousDoctor

I chose Jorgan despite disliking him and cathar in general. I felt that's the choice Trooper would make.

Anyway I thought the entire idea of having an XO in a 5 person team is stupid.

Edited by Path-x

- she a by-the-book soldier, so she keeps me in line - as a good XO should

This is actually the main reason I picked Dorne myself, actually. There's a particular scene on Tatooine where you have the option to let a wounded Imperial technician leave, or execute him on the spot. If you chose the latter, neither Jorgan nor Forex (big shocker on the latter, I know) will object.

Dorne, on the other hand? She stops you. She firmly reminds you of rules of engagement. And if you continue to ignore or berate her, she'll continue to stand up to you, almost to the point of shouting. It's probably one of my favourite scenes with her.

I picked Jorgan his experience and tough demeanor are what I feel an XO should have Elara seems like a bit of a push over at times. Plus didn't want to have the entire in rank favoritism and plus Jorgan had seniority for being with the squad longer training etc etc etc all logic pointed to Jorgan. An its funny if you let Garza pick since I feel she is sexist old hag.

At the beginning of Act 2 you have to choose who to promote to your XO, Elara or Jorgan. I am just curious as to who you chose and why?

I chose Dorne to see if it had any effect on the romance story arc.

Dorne. I figure that since she loves regs so much, I'll leave her at the ship filling in forms all day and dealing with supplies (which is what the 2IC's job amounts to in any organization), while Jorgan and I go out and do the real work. On top of that, Jorgan's perspective is more valuable in the field than Dorne's could ever be. If I make Jorgan the XO, then sure, he gets promoted again, which is nice - but he's stuck in a desk job, and I have to deal with Dorne's pathological inability to make any decisions outside the rulebook.

Basically, she's much better suited - temperamentally - to what amounts to a paper-pusher's position than Jorgan is, and Jorgan's more use to me in the field (mechanically, as well - he's a DPS companion and I'm a healer), so I arranged it thus.

Edited by Highborne