An idea for pebble storm change!

GideonTrask

Instead of the lackluster tossing of the pebbles. A move that makes no sense unless your on an earthy terrain. What about a saber throw. But instead of a quick return, it is channeled to remain on the enemy to dice him up. Then returns after channeling is complete. This will satisfy those who hate being a force master who is reduced to tossing stones. And the large crowed who wants more saber action on the sage. Any thoughts?

I support TK (if you talk about it) animation change, its bugged a lots of times (the animation duplicates and stay till map change or dead) and its starts to be quite boring...

I'm ok to change it to some kind of light saber connected animation, but I support more to make it an epic looking energy storm animation...

By the way, we, who would like the Sage's saber bring to action, are supporting to buff here melee bonus dmg by willpower (yes, funny or not he is the only class what don't use his main attribute for both of here dmg table)

So,

- try to run away from a warrior, knight... you will get a saber to your back!

- try to get close to Sage/Sorc....and don't worry, they wouldn't be able to do any thing !

+ give us our auto attack, all classes has it, just Sage/Sorc don't

Sorry for the elusory , )

realistically such a thing would tear the enemy apart at it also doesn't really look that light sided to dice the enemy with a lightsaber like that.

I see what your saying. But realism doest really play into it as a knights saber throw should also cut a person in half. hell a scoundrels back blast alone should realistically end a fight. And as for not being light sided. I guess its up for debate. Personally I think being sliced to pieces more lightsided then being bludgeoned to death by rocks. Of course we could go for a yellow lightning. Jedi have a light side version of force lightning called Electric judgement.

realistically such a thing would tear the enemy apart at it also doesn't really look that light sided to dice the enemy with a lightsaber like that.

I see what your saying. But realism doest really play into it as a knights saber throw should also cut a person in half. hell a scoundrels back blast alone should realistically end a fight. And as for not being light sided. I guess its up for debate. Personally I think being sliced to pieces more lightsided then being bludgeoned to death by rocks. Of course we could go for a yellow lightning. Jedi have a light side version of force lightning called Electric judgement.

I'd rather see strong, focused streams of compressed air/power whatever - something like Satele used in the Hope traileer before smashing Malgus through the mountain.

Much more what I would imagine. It would look much more powerful, and it will still be Jedi-ish as it is pure telekinesis.

Edited by Altheran

I'd like to think Satele is using TK Throw, then following up with Project.

Someone somewhere probably noticed a lot of debris flying toward the Sith, and thought "We should have a bunch of rocks flying when they use this". Not realizing you'd be inside a spaceship 90% of the time, and rocks are in short supply.

The finisher looks more like the glowy ball of death that Sages use, but Satele is obviously a Shadow (double saber) so she shouldn't be using a Sagely attack. Again, someone saw big rocks involved and said "We should always have big rocks". At least Project kinda tries to take surroundings into account. Sometimes its a rock, sometimes its deck plating, sometimes its a droid.

But all in all, they should watch their own cinematics again, and make the game look better.

Lets use the saber for this....what if:

The sage can make their light saber hover in front of them upright, and uses the force to create an energy beam fire at their target which is derived from the blade of the saber?

Or same thing but instead of the saber hovering in front, one hand holds the saber and the other directs the energy through it towards the target.

Also the color of the energy beam could depend on the color crystal of the saber.

Edited by theRaiders

When I think of telekinetic throw, I think of a move similar to what Satele Shan showed during her fight with Malgus in the hope video when she blew him the hell through that huge rock. When I saw that video it made me want to be a consular. I was hoping for some really cool light saber animations and acrobatic moves and cool force abilities. However when I saw what we actually got i was very sad.

The finisher looks more like the glowy ball of death that Sages use, but Satele is obviously a Shadow (double saber) so she shouldn't be using a Sagely attack.

Satele is not really a Shadow or a Sage. She is just Satele. Characters of cinematics or every "heroic and important" character tend to not be from the same mold that players come from.

Satele is not really a Shadow or a Sage. She is just Satele. Characters of cinematics or every "heroic and important" character tend to not be from the same mold that players come from.

She fights more like what you would expect from a shadow, using a lot of acrobatic moves, saber strikes and such. I think this is what a lot of people were hoping for, me included. My inq moves look like what I would expect. Tons of lighting and dark energy. I would have loved to see some of what Satele did used as character moves and powers. I would have made that my main in a heart beat. Every one wants too look bad *** and epic, even as a humble Jedi.

She fights more like what you would expect from a shadow, using a lot of acrobatic moves, saber strikes and such. I think this is what a lot of people were hoping for, me included. My inq moves look like what I would expect. Tons of lighting and dark energy. I would have loved to see some of what Satele did used as character moves and powers. I would have made that my main in a heart beat. Every one wants too look bad *** and epic, even as a humble Jedi.

This post reminded me of how the movies dipict sith and such as complete bas asses and the jedi for the most part all wear the same basic jedi outfit, anyway thats not the point, Force lightning looks way WAY better than the pebble storm ability, on that note these pebbles seem to come out of no where, not even the ground... whats with that :S

they need to change the animation, thats the basic point of most of the posts

This post reminded me of how the movies dipict sith and such as complete bas asses and the jedi for the most part all wear the same basic jedi outfit, anyway thats not the point, Force lightning looks way WAY better than the pebble storm ability, on that note these pebbles seem to come out of no where, not even the ground... whats with that :S

they need to change the animation, thats the basic point of most of the posts

Another thing I've noticed is the pebbles is that they not only come out of nowhere but sometimes they show up being cast several feet to the left of my character and sometimes they show coming from above the head.

• 2 weeks later...
As i have said in another post yes the animation for pebbles is boring and kinda cheap. I think a project storm or a disturbance storm would be interesting. I think you could also possibly use the environment around you to throw things at people like bigger rocks, metal panels if your on a ship, or perhaps if there is somehow nothing in the area your character starts using energy/force? Edited by Therakiel