Best Story lines

GenosArmagus

Ok fun fact for jedi knights

you didnt kill him. Thats the true voice of the emperor. Sith warrior gets a mail from the hands telling you that "Some jedi breached the dark temple and defeated the true voice of the emperor" while the real emperor is in some kind of stasis.

Finished all empire stories---1)agent hands down I don't believe any other story can compete for 1st place; 2)sith warrior;3) hunter; 4) inquisitor.

Only done chapter 1 for 3 republic classes so far I pick jk best, trooper 2nd and consular last,

I haven't finished the SW story so far, but it is definitely the most interesting so far. Everything they promised the Inquisitor would be doing, is actually happening on the SW. My decision actually feel like the decisions MATTER

Like how I can convert Sith to my cause, building my power base

SI: It was wonderful! the first act kept me involved. The beginning of Act II was great! With a bit of treachery thrown in. The height of Act II was boring, but the action picked right back up on Correllia with the Kaggath and Silencer. >: )

IA: Very nice! Very many twists and kept me on the edge of my seat! I would definitely put this ahead of this Sith warrior story! The only reason I don't, is because the SW actually feels like your decisions mattered. While this was an awesome story, it didn't feel like I was driving. I was just sitting as a passenger and watching.

Edited by Amien

Of the ones I've completed so far, I'd rank them:

Inquisitor > Warrior > Smuggler > Knight > Hunter

Inquisitor I played through with Light leanings (finished Light II). I really just enjoyed getting to go around, build up power, find ancient powers, etc. It did drag a little near the end of act 2/beginning of act 3, but while the overarching story could get a bit monotonous sometimes, the actual things done in pursuit of the character's goals always managed to be varied and fun. The cast was similarly good, though I would've preferred Xalek joining up sooner, and more Thanaton (not that he was lacking per se, but I just really enjoyed him as a villain).

Warrior I played mostly Dark (Dark IV at finish) and it did a really great job of making me feel like the baddest dude in the galaxy. It also seemed very versatile going up...even though I was Dark, I could see it being pretty good for a Light-sider, too, so it gets props for that. I do feel like the climax wasn't everything it could've been - not bad, it just feel flat in a few spots - and the last couple of companions felt like little more than an afterthought, so I rank it below the Inquisitor. Still it was pretty darned strong.

I played Smuggler slightly Light (Light III), and it came off...not as serious as the others. I think a Dark Smuggler would've been more of an interesting "crime" story and I'd like to try some day, but for me, it was more of a slightly silly vigilante hero sort of vibe. Of course, that made it really entertaining. The story kept moving nicely, the cast was colorful and fun. It didn't "mean" as much as the other stories in the scale of how it affected the galaxy, but I can live with that. I do think the twist at the end could have been better handled. It sort of made me feel like I did was worthless, but I got to at least make up a little bit at the end.

Knight I played mostly Light (Light IV) and it wasn't bad, it was just really vanilla. The first act was the strongest, I thought, with the rivalry and the different superweapons. After that, it shifted a little too much into just "fight the Empire". There were a few good moments, but I can't, for example, recall a darned thing about what I was actually doing on several of the planets in acts 2 and 3, and while most of my other characters felt like "characters" at the end of their stories, the Knight just sort of felt like the generic "hero". And finally, what was the point of Rusk? He was just...there.

Hunter, finally, also went mostly Light, though took the Dark ending (going Light was entirely too unprofessional for my Hunter's character). It wasn't bad, but it was a little too repetitive. I mean, granted, it's a Bounty Hunter, so it's going to be about hunting bounties, but while every act there was a new boss to work for, and the assignments were varied, it never really changed the basic setup. I felt like they could've played up the vengeance aspects and made the Hunter a little more proactive, and that would've made it a lot more interesting.

Of the three I haven't finished yet, I was working on and enjoying Consular, just finished the first act and I really liked it...depending on how Acts 2 and 3 go (and I've heard they do even better than 1), I could easily see it becoming my favorite. Yes, clearly, I'm weird. But I enjoyed watching all the dots come together and being the sort of "unexpected hero". The climax of Act 1 was a little rushed and confusing, but good all-in-all. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted my Consular and am still waiting on a restore to continue the story.

Agent and Trooper I've played through Tatooine. I'm saving Agent for last since most say it's best, and so far, it's impressed me. Each planet has its own unique story with plenty of intrigue. Trooper has impressed less. I don't much like General Garza, and I don't feel like the traitors have been well-utilized. I've enjoyed a lot of the supporting cast so far, though, so there's still plenty of chance for it to step up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy the SW story, I enjoyed it very much. If you do ever happen to play through it again, I would suggest not immediately hitting the dark side option whenever it pops up. If you choose some of the neutral or light side options, they often lead in to much more intriguing options, such as "convince them to join your side", "convert the Jedi to the dark side", "imprison and torture them", "choke the person they love, making them desperate to do what you say", "make snarky comment to Darth Baras to make him angrier", "lie to your master so he doesn't know about your plotting against him" etc. and more often than not the neutral or LS options are more tactically sound, better for the Empire and are a lot more like a manipulative Sith. Some of the neutral options even give you opportunity for even more DS points.

If you don't immediately hit the "ROAR KILL NOW" options there are tons of lines that sound very similar to what Darth Vader or Darth Sidious would have said in the movies, etc. Overall, the SW felt the most "Star Wars"-y to me out of all the storylines, and by not killing everyone you can get your own little army of fallen Jedi you converted and a bunch of Sith Lords who obey all your commands.

(I enjoyed the SW story very much as a neutral-ish SW and am planning to do 2 more runthroughs of the SW story after I have finished all 8 class stories just to explore all the branches. I loved it that much. It's also the only story other than IA where your choices actually matter)

Thanks for the tips! I have a SW made just haven't yet played it been hooked on a Sith Inquisitor right now but am in much need of a break as I am tired of being Lord Zashs lil lap dog. You really make we wanna try a Sith War now so thanks for that . As for other classes.. I enjoyed the Smuggler story tho haven't completed to max yet and IA just makes me want more tho I am leveling that toon with a friend so I haven't gotten far with that unfortunately.

Playing BH so far and the story is annoying me more than anything else.

If I get cut scened out of a kill once more I will scream!

Especially that stupid lizard on Hoth who you met, listened to how you weren't worth fighting (How a Trandoshan who cares about points doesn't think the chapmion of the great hunt is worth points I will never know) and then let leave without SHOOTING IT IN THE FACE

I like Mako and I LOVE Blizz

I really like the way he actually gets involved in everything when he is with you, like doing the negotiations for whatever it was, and how he asks me to let the Gormak go free on Voss, the only down side is that I was almost dark IV when i got him and am now almost dark III due to the LS choices I can't help but make when he is around

, but Gault (Who I hate for the above mentioned reason) requires a totally different personality, and Skadge even more so (I actually like Skadge, who reminds me of how I would be if I was big enough to just smash my way about the world, but he doesn't mesh with my BH personality which makes me sad).

I liked the SI story, even if I did feel that large chunks of explanation were missing.

I think the overall consensus of favorite storylines will prove once and for all that when you make a Star Wars game, you don't have to regurgitate the "iconic" mantra. In this case, the original content that is the Imperial Agent outshines any of the rehashed typical archetypes that come from the movies.