Bored so I made this video (SWG ambience music for TOR)

nartiuslightlord

Was missing the old game, not wanting get into a SWG vs TOR debate or draw hatred and flames. But I was messing with sound and music and came up with this little video while I played TOR.

I can't stress enough how ambience and music are the seasoned salt of immersion in a virtual world. more coming with cut-scenes and other such boring activitys enhanced by muscial salt.

Nostalgia right old timers?

Edited by nartiuslightlord

If this is true I would definitely support a vote to get that music added to the ambiance of SWTOR.

The start of his video while he's jettin' around Tatooine is from Episode I, the music track is called either "Jar Jar & Padme - Tatooine Landing - Mos Espa" or

it just depends on which soundtrack your referencing. Either way it appears about 28 seconds in.

The battle music is from a very popular Star Wars track called "The Asteroid Field" from Episode V. It's edited, but it is more or less 2:15 into the track.

As great of a job as Mark Griskey and his team has done in this game, its rather difficult to touch the majesty of "The Asteroid Field". That piece is very epic in scale. However, this game does contain some fantastic gems like "Peace - The Jedi Consular" and "The Occupation of Balmorra".

Edited by VisualFXGuy
Added YouTube links

• 2 weeks later...
Was missing the old game, not wanting get into a SWG vs TOR debate or draw hatred and flames. But I was messing with sound and music and came up with this little video while I played TOR.

I can't stress enough how ambience and music are the seasoned salt of immersion in a virtual world. more coming with cut-scenes and other such boring activitys enhanced by muscial salt.

Nostalgia right old timers?

Hiya,

I am not to sure if you know this, but a group of people have resurrected SWG (NGE). Currently they have a Test Server up and running, to stress test the server stability etc. ProjectSWG is the link for it.

• 3 weeks later...