ahem,the new robes

_biddan_

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, and so answer your question seriously, albeit heatedly.

Satisfied? Appeased? Mollified?

None of the above

Fixing this mistake, that never should have happened in the first place only via the CM is insulting

We were promised a real solution.

We are still waiting :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by dangadget

Power to the people!

Now seriously, I loved the new robes, even spent 700k just to buy the chest and legs. They remind me a lot of Kotor II jedi robes, with the heavy armor I always loved in jedi, and I can also use force powers with it this time.

The thing is, sometimes I would like to put my hood on! If I wanna talk to some friend, like a fellow jedi, I would like to put my hood down. If I'm going to talk to some crime lord in a stealthy way, I would like to put my hood up (remember luke?). That's it.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, and so answer your question seriously, albeit heatedly.

Satisfied? Appeased? Mollified?

None of the above

Fixing this mistake, that never should have happened in the first place only via the CM is insulting

We were promised a real solution.

We are still waiting :mad::mad::mad:

i'm 100% serius,i just want to see some happyness here,all i see are haters and people complaining.

a never promised "fix" to a silly hood?

why so serious?

It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?

It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?

now THIS is an explanation,thanks,i guess i was wrong.

Conservator's robe is rubbish... Ain't gonna thank or appreciate. I was promised a hood toggle. They're pushing out "old" hood-down armor on the market as a filthy money grab which subscribers should've gotten months ago or atleast get a reasonable discount, instead of being charged a month's subscribtion for a single armor set. Still waiting for classic and iconic Jedi robes which are nowhere to be found but on Tython NPCs. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

now THIS is an explanation,thanks,i guess i was wrong.

Regarding those armor and media... Check out my signature thread, all compiled there. Player classes shown wearing things they cannot obtain in the game. :-[ Those ads were what lured me to the game.

And yes, we were promised a "fix".

February 2012 q&a:

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Regarding those armor and media... Check out my signature thread, all compiled there. Player classes shown wearing things they cannot obtain in the game. :-[ Those ads were what lured me to the game.

again?i checked that thread like 5 times,you did some great work.

Edited by _biddan_

Still waiting for classic and iconic Jedi robes which are nowhere to be found but on Tython NPCs.

The closest I've managed to get to that look was using some dark green robe (hooded ofcourse). Basically, I ended up looking almost exactly as

those two "Green Jedi" you meet on Corellia.

Completed the look with two regular green lightsabers and then upgraded to two black-green ones. Looked ascetic and ****** at the same time. I still have it somewhere in my storage, will check it for the name once I get home.

you know i look through these threads and i can't help but chuckle. SWG died because so many jumped on the Bioware bandwagon and were so excited because "Bioware will give players what they want in a game"

SWG is looking pretty good right now. I mean at least there you had a house and you could actually look different than everyone else. They had robes you could toggle the hood up and down on, Atmospheric flight, actual environmental interaction, frakin awesome space content and cooperative too I might ad. I am interested to know how many people jumped on this bandwagon only to regret doing it and are now playiing on the EMU waitig for SWG to come back. Just a morbid curiosity, but a curiosity none the less.

Honestly SWTOR seems to be nothing more than a Trojan horse. How does it feel to know you let the horse through the gates of troy?

Edited by Crazyeyes
typo

Your premise is flawed.

I for one never drank the SWG kool-aid.

Tried it, didn't like it, either before or after NGE.

I will admit to over-optimism on my part re. Bioware, tempered by a healthy distaste for EA, and I am very dissapointed that the EA part of EA-ware has become ascendant.

That changes nothing re. this issue and it's long-ago promised fix.

:mad:

Your premise is flawed.

I for one never drank the SWG kool-aid.

Tried it, didn't like it, either before or after NGE.

I will admit to over-optimism on my part re. Bioware, tempered by a healthy distaste for EA, and I am very dissapointed that the EA part of EA-ware has become ascendant.

That changes nothing re. this issue and it's long-ago promised fix.

:mad:

Get your mates to demand an answer on the cantina tour ; )

I bought the Conservator's robe off the GTN because I'm not a gambler. Not entirely happy with it, but at least it's hood down. I would prefer a toggle or a hood down version of the Knight's Crusade set. Just simple robes, no need for any kind of gadgetry, doodads, or armor plates.

JUST ROBES.

Edited by Shinjin

I like the new armor and most of the old robes were fine (once they fixed the bum thing), but what we want is an option to put our hoods up and down at will, no different from switching the saber on and off at will.

They are a must imo, but don't ask me why, Jedi have strange habits....

Edited by Simbr

I for one was very content. This was only because that when I re subbed, I got 1450 Cartel Coins for resubbing bonus, and used it to buy those robes, so I didn't have to spend anything outside my sub fee (which I would pay anyways) and got free robes, so unlike most, I am happy!

Folks who are happy with the new Cartel Shop armor aren't terribly motivated to come here and squee about it. I think it's great, personally. I'd much rather spend a couple of bucks to get a specific set of armor than waste hours of my life grinding for rare drops or haunting the GTN. You also have the advantage of wearing the same armor for most of your character's story, which is an immersion-builder for me.

That said, I want more of the armor linked in those old progression videos and stills. Cool stuff! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
a never promised "fix" to a silly hood?

why so serious?

Check out the 100 page thread about hood toggles. The people posting there take this issue more seriously than I could ever have imagined.

Edited by Talyndor

I have to agree with this. One of the main reasons I bought the game was some of the great looking gear in the trailers leading upto general release. It just seems that we keep getting lied to for no reason at all. It seems most of our wishes are ignored. But hey ho as long as we keep paying there's no incentive for BW to act.

Completely agree.

I also play other MMO's and the whole visual customization is very important. Just look at LoTRO. You can dye your armor any color you want and have several costume slots so you can change your look instantly without changing your equipped gear.

Ultimately my final solution to the whole hoodie syndrome was to rewrite my character's story. She was a Trooper and discovered her talents late. So she rocks with Trooper armor that my Armormech crafted. Hardened Plastifold is fairly basic and utilitarian. More practical, no spiky or flapping things to get tangled up. Well except except for the white which is a bit of a "here I am shoot me!" sign. But I figured Jedi Gaurdians are supposed to be weapon attractors anyway.