The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

DweezillKagemand

They just need to reduce the amount of damage that an assassin//shadow can do while in Tank stance and in turn add more threat to each ability to keep the tank viable in PVE. If they do this, the assassin will have to either Spec into a DPS spec where DPS gear should be worn, or stay in Tank gear... like they should be.... in a *mostly* tank build.

[...]

Assassin/Shadow Tank hybrid does need to be tweaked because right now, it is way too strong. I have one and am fully aware that it needs to be balanced.

Since you have one, you're probabily aware that 31+ Tank build with Tank gear is not OP. But with your proposal of reducing damage and increasing threat will indeed nerf all Kinetic builds, including Hybrid builds as well as Tank builds.

So your proposal will nerf a regular build that is not even OP. In my opinion, that's not the right thing to do.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cause your bad doesn't mean they should nerf anything.

You've probably never played a sin, have no idea what spec these assassin's are killing you in, and you have no valid argument. So keep Queing up and getting stompped on till you quit or :D L2P.

Nice reply. Go trip some more muscle milk son and come back when you have something constructive to say.

Also, I have an Assassin.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

OP likely just got rolled by a Shadow Hybrid (or two) and then came crying to the forums... stop me if you heard this one before ;)

This hybrid spec isn't new (neither is the 0/24/17 and some guy named wakka didn't invent it) and has already been nerfed.

Even when people have tried to polietly show you the flaws in your logic, you resist... so...

Mr. OP, what you've just QQ'd about is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

OP likely just got rolled by a Shadow Hybrid (or two) and then came crying to the forums... stop me if you heard this one before ;)

This hybrid spec isn't new (neither is the 0/24/17 and some guy named wakka didn't invent it) and has already been nerfed.

Even when people have tried to polietly show you the flaws in your logic, you resist... so...

Mr. OP, what you've just QQ'd about is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Next time you try to insult someone, don't steal half of it from a movie quote.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

They have to encourage full 31 pts builds. The tier 3 talents should be less useful than tier 7 talents. Developers should be very careful what they put tier 3 and tier 4. A lot of stuff here is way too sensitive.

If wither is not good enough for tank sins to like, the chage it, make it more attractive than death field.

Well you might see more incentive for less hybrids depending on what direction they go with the the expansion.

Well you might see more incentive for less hybrids depending on what direction they go with the the expansion.

I hope not. I think it's great that there's enough synergy between talent trees to have multiple viable hybrid specs per class.

I hope not. I think it's great that there's enough synergy between talent trees to have multiple viable hybrid specs per class.

Its just more options. Anyways for assassins hybrids are mainly the most viable builds. I think the only one that really works well at 31 points is madness.

Its just more options. Anyways for assassins hybrids are mainly the most viable builds. I think the only one that really works well at 31 points is madness.

I was 31/0/10 in full Stalker gear for the longest time. I've recently switched to 23/1/17, and do enjoy it, but I still miss the AoE slow Wither provided.

I was 31/0/10 in full Stalker gear for the longest time. I've recently switched to 23/1/17, and do enjoy it, but I still miss the AoE slow Wither provided.

Wither is great but at least for ranked having the extra CC and a ranged AoE is just to much to pass up.

I feel lucky my first and only 50 is an assassin...over a year and still loving it.

^^ This. I did a lot of research waiting for release and as long as we're self-agrandizing here I must say I did a awesome job at picking my 1st 50.

I was refering to the fact that it does a lot more damage than the other 2 tank specs, without sacrificing much. Stop going to extremes, it helps nothing.

okay, would you be willing to "unnerf" the assassin armor rating/self-heals to pre-1.3 levels in exchange for nerfing their damage output in the tank tree? That would certainly make them more "tanky" even with dps gear, sort of like a jugg.

They have to encourage full 31 pts builds. The tier 3 talents should be less useful than tier 7 talents. Developers should be very careful what they put tier 3 and tier 4. A lot of stuff here is way too sensitive.

If wither is not good enough for tank sins to like, the chage it, make it more attractive than death field.

Well to make true tanking attractive they'd have to change the way shadows tank (the class depends on defense and shield/absorb to tank which is a problem in PVP). This is what leads tank specs to start gearing for damage, which in turn leads them from the tank tree to hybrids which include damage from other specs.

This was why the last shadow nerf confused so many people. If they wanted to address the issue, they should have upped the armor in combat stance and increased the amount of bonus damage lowered in tank spec, but then maybe they considered the tanks too good in PVE (where shield/absorb can be very useful) and that's what the nerf addressed.

In general I agree with you though. The real way to discourage hybrids is to make top tier talents more attractive than low tier talents, and to do so by making those talents really good rather than making lower tier talents suck.

Be honest though NoTomorrow, that most of your frustration with hybrids is just a bit of class envy. I for one love the flexibility of the class with regard to spec. I for one wish there were that many options for my other classes. I understand though that its harder to balance for hybrids, but on the other hand I find it funny that the shadow hybrids are better balanced for the current metagame than not only their 31 point builds, but entire ACs (LOLcommando)

Edited by ArchangelLBC

In general I agree with you though. The real way to discourage hybrids is to make top tier talents more attractive than low tier talents, and to do so by making those talents really good rather than making lower tier talents suck.

Yeah, gotta say, when I've tanked on my jugg/guardian in pvp, I have Never used guardian slash, ever. I always run with either an unstoppable hybrid (for more damage reduction) or some of the smash tree talents, like more hp when cc breaker is used. They really should replace guardian slash with a wither like ability, then maybe it wouldn't suck so bad.

hybrids definitely make the game more interesting though, I've run all of them on my assassin, tankasin, deathfield hybrid, darkness maul hybrid, deception-madness hybrid, etc. Makes the gameplay a lot more fun mixing it up a bit from time to time. I've broken 400k using the darkness maul hybrid before, which was pretty surprising, since it was just me mauling people for ~10 minutes, a lot easier to spam when you have the +50 force set bonus, even when it's not proc'd.