Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Esbia

I have to agree with the OP.

When the game launched a year ago I started a Sith Warrior (SW) and my wife started a Sith Inquisitor (SI). We played together until she stopped playing at level 20, she was pretty bored with the storyline... on the other hand I couldn't stop playing, in about 2-3 weeks I maxed out my character.

A few months later I started a SI and caught up with her and now we have both our SI's about level 42.

To me the SW story is a solid 10x better overall. The SW is more interesting than the SI to me, Baras is more interesting than Zash, the story involves more of you being competent and accomplishing things yourself... while ...

Zash shocks your first rival, Khem saves you from Zash, Kalig (sp) saves you from a spirit, the ghosts and your apprentices save you from Thaniton, you then get a self inflicted forcewalk sickness and are subjected to needing Zash in Kehm to help recover... it goes on, not very empowering. One or two of these are fine, but the SW gets to pull through with their own ability and not completely depending on others.

Also the SW gets the option to fully convert a Jedi.

With that I still think the SI story is ok and waaay better than any other MMO story and better than most single player stories.

Edited by Alandross

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SW hands down, he has the power and keeps the power growing, SI needed the help of 4 ghosts, on top of that at the end it wasnt even him/her than killed Thanaton only weakened him.. The other Dark Council member did that for him.

Also, you give up your ghosts at the end.. putting you back into a weakened state like you was when you couldnt even mark Thanaton. So all you will have is luck that no one ever challenges your position on the Dark Council and wipes the floor with you to take your place.

Reminds me of Darth Xedrix, who was killed by Lord Scourge (Revan novel) he was weak and just put on a show whilst on the DC, like the SI will be doing whilst seating in his DC, wheras the SW is the right hand man of the Emperor himself and has a mass powerbase and literally has the power to wipe the floor with most enemies, if it was a straight out fight (story wise) between SW and SI.. SW wouldnt even need to break a sweat against SI, the only thing he would need to worry about would be Khem

Edited by dacentabaal

SW hands down, he has the power and keeps the power growing, SI needed the help of 4 ghosts, on top of that at the end it wasnt even him/her than killed Thanaton only weakened him.. The other Dark Council member did that for him.

Also, you give up your ghosts at the end.. putting you back into a weakened state like you was when you couldnt even mark Thanaton. So all you will have is luck that no one ever challenges your position on the Dark Council and wipes the floor with you to take your place.

Reminds me of Darth Xedrix, who was killed by Lord Scourge (Revan novel) he was weak and just put on a show whilst on the DC, like the SI will be doing whilst seating in his DC, wheras the SW is the right hand man of the Emperor himself and has a mass powerbase and literally has the power to wipe the floor with most enemies, if it was a straight out fight (story wise) between SW and SI.. SW wouldnt even need to break a sweat against SI, the only thing he would need to worry about would be Khem

So much bashing SI...Currently SI powerbase is way above warriors on account of fleet alone. Second you assume warrior would not have been killed by Darth Thanaton, there is more to DS than just lightsaber. Also just so you know releasing ghosts does not always happen, in fact Dark V can't even do that if I remember correctly (I am LS myself so not 100% sure on conditions for that) and that is assuming joining was not forced.

I like both SW and SI stories, both of them had good and bad in them. I kinda like how they ended with one being member of Dark Council and other being tool of Emperor. That was quite nice way to avoid one becoming servant of another or both sharing same end. They have no power over each other really. I would say Inquisitor has more direct power overall, but Warrior is more feared than Inquisitor.

My Inquisitor is Lightside 2 or 3. She kept the ghosts (except for one who said they can't be contained since they both made a pact, and then left) and they actually wanted to stay with her.

Yeah, Inquisitor doesn' deliver the final blow in the Inquisitor storyline, but I didn't feel robbed, more like interrupted. It made for a good story...

Thanaton: Counsel! We can not allow this!

Counsel: Live by the code. *kills him* Die by the code.

However, I knew and I'm sure the Counsel knew my Inquisitor could have easily finished him off at that point. :p

Personally, I quite liked the Inquisitor storyline, I didn't however, care for Ashara. Of course my Inquisitor likely wouldn't have tried to turn her fully darkside either, at the same time, she was just to whiney.

Just got to Coreilla as my SW - the story just keeps getting better and better. Especially:

Quinn's betrayal. Boy do I wish I could have killed him!

The Sith Inquisitor story can't hold a candle to the SW story, I mean its good but compared to the others stories its not that good. BH is still my favorite so far though.

Just got to Coreilla as my SW - the story just keeps getting better and better. Especially:

Quinn's betrayal. Boy do I wish I could have killed him!

The Sith Inquisitor story can't hold a candle to the SW story, I mean its good but compared to the others stories its not that good. BH is still my favorite so far though.

For my taste SW story overdid itself, kinda like Pazaak with going over 20. Voss was first crack and Corelia sealed it. I would say Inquisitor story gets about 18 and Warrior went to 23 :p

But I would still put SW story ahead of BH.

Edited by Chaloss

So much bashing SI...Currently SI powerbase is way above warriors on account of fleet alone.

You would also notice I said "(Story Wise)" not player wise, you know going on the lore of the story not a player playing that character, heck I have 3 SI's and only 1 SW, but for me its still SW

If you play your SW right you have your own power base, you can keep

Rathari and Tremmell alive, not kill Baras Republic guy on Corellia (forgot his name) ect.

Yes you do beat Baras in the end but Thanaton seems like a little whiny bit&* compared to Baras.

But Thanaton putsup the harder fight. gameplay wise anyways :p

• 2 weeks later...

I will say some planets of SI story is good, Korriban, Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Taris and of course Corellia. You actually manipulate Jedi and Sith for your course, but the overall story of chapter 2 and 3 is really weak, ghosbuster is bad enough, ok at least you still can manipulate something, but the whole healing is just nonsense, hard to endure at all. Also you did little against the Republic, only Alderaan and Taris got a bit to do with the Republic and really not much compare to the other 3 classes.

SW killed Jedi masters and many Republic officials in chapter 1&2.

IA finished of one of the best Republic SIS teams and stopped them from getting the Shadow Arsenal, he/she also helped the war in Corellia.

BH killed many republics figures, including Jun Seros and the Chancellor.

It should be about schemes and manipulation rather than ghostbusting and healing body.

SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player

SW=becomes someones *****, no real power

SW=More Powerful at the end???

Now, I haven't played through either story all the way through, but I do remember during the beta SW was too dull to get past Korriban.

SI has been interesting in comparison.

I personally don't like these "do something incredible/become god" type of arguements...I feel like that's what spawns Revan fanboys....

But to each their own. Who knows, maybe SI goes downhill and SW goes uphill. I didn't read the spoiler tag, for obvious reasons.

What? the Warrior becomes second to one(the emperor) in the empire, while the inquisitor becomes one of 12.

Also, am I the only one who noticed how useless the force sensitives on the empires side are?

Both are just finishing grudges with other sith.

The Bounty Hunter, alternatively, can kill the Supreme Chancellor.

And the Agent saves the empire twice and the universe once. What the hell?

I would not call either of them second to emperor in such sense, but at same time only rank higher than current one is Emperor for both. There is also Voice in between, but as I understand Emperor takes direct control of him/her so I doubt neither of Warrior or Inquisitor would want that position. Edited by Chaloss

I would not call either of them second to emperor in such sense, but at same time only rank higher than current one is Emperor for both. There is also Voice in between, but as I understand Emperor takes direct control of him/her so I doubt neither of Warrior or Inquisitor would want that position.
Dread Masters? Darth Malgus? (pre-death) And perhaps Darth Marr...

I think concerning hierarchy though, the Emperor's Wrath is second only to the Emperor (the Voice kinda is the Emperor) - he/she has the power to command and execute Dark Council members, they practically say so themselves.

Edited by Beniboybling

Dread Masters? Darth Malgus? (pre-death) And perhaps Darth Marr...

I think concerning hierarchy though, the Emperor's Wrath is second only to the Emperor (the Voice kinda is the Emperor) - he/she has the power to command and execute Dark Council members, they practically say so themselves.

As stated by Darth Vovrawn Emperor Wrath has free reign and only responds to the emperor. Darth Marr added as long as does not contradict ours as in Dark Council meaning Wrath is not superior to Council. Which is why to me it looks like both of them are pinnacle of their respective power structures. In other words Wrath can not judge Dark Council, but he is executioner to carry out their death sentence should Emperor want them dead.

• 2 weeks later...

While reading through this thread, something became very apparent to me. in a way the Warrior and Inquisitor sort of come full circle in regards to where they began and where they end up but in reverse.

the warrior begins with the freedom and respect that the inquisitor was denied due to her family being enslaved, but by the end of Chapter 3 she as a dark council member has ultimate freedom and the authority to whatever she pleases. (within reason, obviously)

the warrior on the other hand ends up basically the emperors glorified slave. He cannot do ANYTHING for himself/ herself, such as say, kill a dark council member cause she ticked him off by not bowing, without the fear of harming the emperors greater goals. (that council member may have been useful to the emperor.)

thats just my perspective on things...

• 1 year later...

Ok, so I finished the SI story, and basically what I noticed;

1) It needs more credit, the sith inquisitor story actually starts off with you starting as a slave and then working your way to power by leaving a bunch of dead bodies behind, and alot of those bodies are Sith and there is you making preparations to bring down your rivals.

Eg, you are aware of the betrayals through a close source of information and you start making preparations to bring down those enemies by going along with their plans. So in effect, yes you do actually care about said ritual if you think about the plot line on more than a 'kill things' level.

2) The raw physical power of the Sith Warrior is great fun, especially as a marauder BUT the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Stories are the two main stories that reveal alot of lore, history and force secrets, IF you pay attention.

The sith inquisitor gains a) the ability to enslave ghosts, b) a title for that c) becomes a dark council member, it's one of the only few stories that show that much council time, the warrior only had council time at the end of chapter three, ok now you are not a policy maker like Frank Underwood in House of Cards, BUT it's a PVP/PVE based MMORPG, of course it isn't going to be like that. But, I felt it was the story that besides JC, held the most political themes, it really captured the selfishness of the sith council, apart from the IA story chapter one.

3) I out levelled my entire story (it's my method) I stop touching the story after Coruscant/Dromund Kaas, so I can solely focus on the story after I've reached a certain level. Once I started doing that, I found the story much more enjoyable because I didn't have to grind and try to keep rembering what happened

. I give it a solid 7/10.

• 3 weeks later...

It should be about schemes and manipulation rather than ghostbusting and healing body.

What's with the ''schemes and manipulation'' whining that's going on since launch.

The inquisitor story is about Sith Lore and Force Mysticism,and i expected it to be that.i'm extremely satisfied with the Inq story.

Can't wrap my mind around this ''schemes and manipulation'' horse ****.What the hell are you people talking about!?

Besides not sure how you can't get a fix from the Thanaton struggle.

Someone that comes up with ''ghostbuster'' to describe the inquisitor must be either ignorant of Star Wars beyond the movies and is just trolling around or an extremely low IQ person.

Edited by Kaedusz

What's with the ''schemes and manipulation'' whining that's going on since launch.

The inquisitor story is about Sith Lore and Force Mysticism,and i expected it to be that.i'm extremely satisfied with the Inq story.

Can't wrap my mind around this ''schemes and manipulation'' horse ****.What the hell are you people talking about!?

Besides not sure how you can't get a fix from the Thanaton struggle.

Someone that comes up with ''ghostbuster'' to describe the inquisitor must be either ignorant of Star Wars beyond the movies and is just trolling around or an extremely low IQ person.

I agree.

That being said, people bring up the whole "schemes and manipulation" because I believe that's what the developers led them to believe the Inquisitor story was going to be about. Everyone expected to be a copy of Palpatine.

So I don't fault them for that...but I do think the story the Inquisitors have is great.

I personally like the whole Force Walking part of the story...especially when it is stated that only the most powerful force users can do it.

Just finished the class story last night...and I think the final cutscene against Thanaton in the Dark Council Chamber is one of the most bad*** cutscenes in the game.

Edited by VitalityPrime

The combination of both stories following the Dark Side = The Dark Side and how I view a Sith to be. Unfortunately, that can not be said about the Consular and Knight. While the Jedi Consular catches the essence of the Jedi, most, if not all the Jedi Knight fails to capture the essence. I hope Imperial Agent improves because it is not as Cloak and Dagger as I was expecting. However, definitely the Imperial Agent class story was definitely made for the Imperial Agent - Lethality Tree.

The combination of both stories following the Dark Side = The Dark Side and how I view a Sith to be. Unfortunately, that can not be said about the Consular and Knight. While the Jedi Consular catches the essence of the Jedi, most, if not all the Jedi Knight fails to capture the essence. I hope Imperial Agent improves because it is not as Cloak and Dagger as I was expecting. However, definitely the Imperial Agent class story was definitely made for the Imperial Agent - Lethality Tree.

Right...

...because the Jedi shown in any other media never go around to different planets, using the force and their lightsaber skills to save the day. I mean, that is definitely not part of the "essence of the Jedi" at all...

Right...

...because the Jedi shown in any other media never go around to different planets, using the force and their lightsaber skills to save the day. I mean, that is definitely not part of the "essence of the Jedi" at all...

They could have made the story whole lot better than just hack n' slash. The Sith Warrior Class Quest has more substance than the Jedi Knight. It's like Bioware didn't know what to do after they did the Consular story. In addition, later refinement updates should include advance class path class stories so it actually fits the advance path instead of the class as a whole.

Edited by Lorica

They could have made the story whole lot better than just hack n' slash. The Sith Warrior Class Quest has more substance than the Jedi Knight. It's like Bioware didn't know what to do after they did the Consular story. In addition, later refinement updates should include advance class path class stories so it actually fits the advance path instead of the class as a whole.

The Knight story is litterally ripped out of a Superman comic book. It's go to XYZ place, beat up mooks, and save the day... And, for a Jedi Knight it works! most Jedi Knights arent the brightest lightbulb on the chandiler. Chapters 2 and 3 are more of the same save the day stuff, though Chapter 2 is a bit more interesting than 1 i will admit.