Question: The most effective way to earn money

Crazymanik

I'd like to know this myself. I'm pretty broke at the moment, I have one character close to level 40 and the rest of them are between 15 and 30. I'm having a tough time getting the money together to afford more space and speeders.

Yeah... I have level 42 Sith Warrior and I have the exact same problem. And Slicing is absolutely useless.

It is usually easiest to gather materials and sell them on the GTN.

If you wish to craft, cybertech will probably get the best sales. Artifice will often do well. Armstech is also pretty decent, especially for selling barrels.

Basically, mods is the way to go.

I suggest checking the GTN's availability before you make them. Check what there is a lot of and little of. Sometimes there are lots of items for a certain class, and little to nothing for a different class.

The richest people are the ones who sell endgame PvE stuff.

On my server there is a guy with 120+ million.I heard of 700 million from another server.

Personally i live from selling augments and exotech stims.

There was a big price drop on augments but i still earn enough.

You need several chars and self-sufficiency to make it profitable tho.

Gathering crafting material is easier to access and a good money maker.

And Slicing is absolutely useless.

I have Slicing maxed on 8 chars.That´s how useless it is.

Edited by Sabredance

Yeah... I have level 42 Sith Warrior and I have the exact same problem. And Slicing is absolutely useless.

How is slicing useless? I crit 25% of the time, and those mission discoveries are, depending on the day, anywhere from 10k-20k. With the lock box missions you get your money back from the lockboxes, and with the tech parts, if you do crit, the purple parts pay for your next 20 missions.

higher level the boxes get bigger and bigger. Hell i'm only on belsavis and good 1/4 of my income is from slicing boxes.

Other than that do skills like treasure hunting or investigation. They make mad money.

And scavanger. AMP IT UP. Start getting blue and purple parts. SELL THEM on GTN. People will pay. Supply and demand guys.

Edited by TalonVII

How is slicing useless? I crit 25% of the time, and those mission discoveries are, depending on the day, anywhere from 10k-20k. With the lock box missions you get your money back from the lockboxes, and with the tech parts, if you do crit, the purple parts pay for your next 20 missions.

Well.. I have only a little level of Slicing. And I dont have any companion who is exactly into Slicing. So I am not receiving much crits. And those boxes will practicly just erase my funding into finding them.

on the general concept, this game has a very unbalanced approach to money.

while your leveling, unless to take time out of the process to gather money, you will always be strapped. higher level skills are simply too expensive. once you hit 50, money is easy to make...as long as you enjoy doing the same boring repetitive stuff day in and day out.

on the origination question OP: simply put, you will have to take time out of the normal questing process and devote it to "making money". Plus, you will have to NOT SPEND IT. the nature of the income generation in this game is if you do anything outside of buying skills, you will be broke unless you specifically go out to make money.

Best way to get extra income as you level is to get 3 gathering skills, or 2 and slicing. sell everything you get on the GMT, and slice every box you come across. if you decide to craft as you level (for gear on your toons), it can be done, just be aware that unless you have a lvl 50 doing constant dailies (which get reeeal old after a few months), you will not have spare funds. crafting is a money sink in this game. and this is from a dedicated crafter like myself.

Dailies are the way to go I think. You can get yourself up to 2 million in about 3 days if your grind out all three planets, and maybe even up to 3 or 4 mil with a second toon. They really aren't that bad either. Get some nice music, a snack, and devote 2 hours of your life to getting 1 toon through all three. If you have enough time to worry about your money, you have enough time to do dailies ;)

Anyways, that's just my advice. I'm up to 2mil now and that's just from dailies and flashpoints(around 60k per flashpoint if you really try and find credits).

I do all the end game dailies which is about 300k a day plus I sell about x10 MK-6 kits a day which is another 380-420k a day.

So I roughly make 680-720k a day. So by the end of the week I'm making around 4.76-5.04M. (Sunday-Saturday)

Just play the game, do quests and all that, dailies, flashpoints, credits are easy to come by.

No they are not. Otherwise I would not be here looking for advice. I'd just play the game. The credit sinks in this game as you level are huge compared to the money you made from my perspective...and that's fine, I just wanted some advice on how to make some creds to offset the costs.

It always cracks me up when people make comments like this.

Also, just to be clear, looking for ways to generate creds while leveling. I realize that creds come pretty easy once you hit 50.

Thank yous to those that offered advice.

Edited by LordArtemis

No they are not. Otherwise I would not be here looking for advice. I'd just play the game. The credit sinks in this game as you level are huge compared to the money you made from my perspective...and that's fine, I just wanted some advice on how to make some creds to offset the costs.

Also, just to be clear, looking for ways to generate creds while leveling. I realize that creds come pretty easy once you hit 50.

Slicing, scavenger, and another sending skill like treasure hunting, or investigation. Sell all you get. Plus with scavenging, it's a pain, but hey everything you sell off, that's a bit more credits in your pocket.

Well you'd have credits, if you didn't just throw them away the moment you get em. Save up, its not hard to gain credits. Yes there are a lot of credit sinks, but theres also a lot of ways you can gain credits if you just look around.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Sell endgame PvE-gear. Thats the big profits.

If you cant do that, go for the minor profits combined with dailies, it adds up quickly. You can sell a lot of low-level blue gear with a decent profit. I got artifice on my main, and put out blue hilts for 8,000 credits which seems to be a price low-level people are willing to pay. Can do endgame crystals as well, along with offhands and enhancements. It's a lot of work if you want to keep it up over time, but theres no such thing as free money.

Selling crafting materials is a good income as well. Especially Advanced Neural Augmentor and Mandalorian Iron. Or you can farm space missions and sell the mats from the grade 8 boxes you can buy for 200 fleet comms. Each Molecular Stabilizer goes for 200k on my server atm. Takes about 1 hour to do every space mission if you got the best parts, which gives you 100 fleet comms in total. That means one grade 8 mats box every second day. Not guaranteed the stabilizers, but the energy matrixes sell as well, just not as high.

Getting 3 alts to level 50 and getting them C-tech, Artifice, Armstech. Raiding only with one and looting top-grade mods,enhancements, armorings, hilts, barrels for reverse-engineering. Sending them via legacy items (can't do that with hilts, recommending main to be artifice), discovering schematics and profiting. I made 5 million yesterday.

Main problem is... that I dont like dailies. Because it really gets stereotype :D But I know, that this is now my problem.

Dude, dailies are not a way to make money. Most of what you earn there you will have to spend on repairs the same day. People tellin' you to do dailies to get money are ridiculous. Money is there (*points at end-game raiding*). I raid only two times a week now (almost able to do TFB in one evening) and I only do Black Hole dailies once a week to get the Commendations. Rest of my playing time is a bit of PvP on the weekend and a random GF HM almost everyday and then buying some mats from GTN and crafting new grade 27 stuff, putting it on and going away. You don't need to be a no-life to make a lot of credits.

Getting 3 alts to level 50 and getting them C-tech, Artifice, Armstech. Raiding only with one and looting top-grade mods,enhancements, armorings, hilts, barrels for reverse-engineering. Sending them via legacy items (can't do that with hilts, recommending main to be artifice), discovering schematics and profiting. I made 5 million yesterday.

Easily the quickest way in MMO history to make credits/gold. I logged in 20mins this whole week (hooked on Dishonored atm) and still managed sales of over 2mil.

It's the most ridiculously easy trading in MMO history imo. All you need do is tag along on raids until you loot a few juicy drops. Just learn one schem and you're set for months. Heck 25s are still selling well on my server and they were available at launch. Buy the mats and craft away. There is no challenge whatsoever. Again, since adopting this tactic I've made 2mil from 20mins online in one week. Wait til I get back to playing 3 hrs a day again :)

There's nothing ingame worth farming credits for imo but if having over 10mil is important to you then use the method that Alec_Fortescue outlined and make yourself whatever number of credits you want.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

its extraordinary isnt it ... This isnt WOW dude, money isnt that important here.

You get the most money by doing quests, its as simple as that.

Dailys give 100k+ for half an hours daily grind. Get your char to 50 and do dailys, youll have all the money you need. As you get more chars to 50 (lets not forget the 300k for seeling pvp blues at 50), you can do more dailys for 100K+ for each one of them.

What on earth do you want immense cash for anyway, its not like this game requires you to have so much that you need to farm GTN or anything ... just do the dailys, youll have more than you need in no time.

BIO purposely made money unimportant in this game, you just need enough to get by comfortably ... and thats easily achievable with alts and dailys.