Was dual spec never added?

jgelling

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never added and I don't recall them ever saying it would be.

Links please.

http://www.gamefront.com/swtor-1-2-update-to-bring-dual-spec-ui-improvements-and-legacy-races/

That's actually very surprising they never added dual spec in a game like this. What a pain to reconfigure talent trees.

Edited by jgelling

Google doesn't seem to be helping me here.

Dual spec was supposed to be in 1.2, then 1.3, then 1.4 - was it ever added or are there plans to ever add dual spec?

Instead of Dual Spec they added two things:

1- FREE respec cost for subscribers.

2- A summonable respec person through your legacy.

So, for absolutely free, you can swap your spec at will.

The Legacy field respec almost allows dual/any spec. What we need is a gear swap system and a way to save our keybindings/hotbar setups.

Well yeah, which is what a dual spec does - saves your build, saves your bindings and quickbars. Redoing all that manually every time you want to switch from DPS to heal and back is silly.

You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.

Apparently you were away from the game for awhile. Hence why you'd even ask the questions you did. So, have you tried the legacy respec? Do you even know how it works? Your complaint about dual spec is so 2011. The game and the playerbase have moved on from that. Why haven't you?

Edited by SnoggyMack

Apparently you were away from the game for awhile. Hence why you'd even ask the questions you did. So, have you tried the legacy respec? Do you even know how it works? Your complaint about dual spec is so 2011. The game and the playerbase have moved on from that. Why haven't you?

"We've learned to accept mediocrity and broken promises." Whatever dude. It was a legitimate question and it's not unreasonable to think they might have fixed this situation after a year.

sounds like he's just crying to cry. obviously dual spec wasn't added and if he played the game for more than 3 seconds instead of running here to cry under the guise of asking a question, he would have known the answer.

Edited by myolinyr

Basically, subscribers can have whatever spec they want at any time for no credit cost. It'd be nice if we could save hotbar layouts, though.

Yeah, after the 10th time I've swapped between heals and dps I've gotten real fast and putting my skills in the slots I prefer, but the first couple times it took me 2 minutes to redo my UI to my liking. Still, since it falls under quality of life I don't think we're going to see this anytime soon.

Instead of Dual Spec they added two things:

1- FREE respec cost for subscribers.

2- A summonable respec person through your legacy.

So, for absolutely free, you can swap your spec at will.

It's actually not a "summonable respec person".

It's just a button on your talent tree that you push and it resets it.

It was a legitimate question and it's not unreasonable to think they might have fixed this situation after a year.

They did fix the situation. They just didn't use the solution you wanted them to use. Check back in another year and see if they added a DPS parser to the UI?

You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.

I guess what it boils down to is I'm just not as slow and lazy as you are. As I have no issue with swapping out a few abilities and all my gear in under a minute.

They did fix the situation. They just didn't use the solution you wanted them to use. Check back in another year and see if they added a DPS parser to the UI?

That is not "fixing" the situation that improving it. This "solutions" is about half way to where it should be. The other half is not having to reconfigure 30 buttons whenever you change the spec, but having the game remember them, just like it remembers Interface profiles. It is not unreasonable request.

I don't think their coders are competent enough to code it into the game. :D aha!

And if they would try it it would surely just mess up many things.

I would like to have a true multispec, so that I just switch without having to spend everytime all the points anew. Sure, the legacy respec and the respecing for free as a subscriber are nice, but BioWare could have done more or better.

That is not "fixing" the situation that improving it. This "solutions" is about half way to where it should be. The other half is not having to reconfigure 30 buttons whenever you change the spec, but having the game remember them, just like it remembers Interface profiles. It is not unreasonable request.

30 buttons? I don't bother moving all my skills when I reset, at most I move 24 (QB 1 and 2). What spec are you that makes moving 30 important? I ask because I've only played Sentinel (Combat), Sorc (all), Operative (Medicine), Merc (Bodyguard, Pyrotech) and Jugg (Immortal and Vengeance).

Though this seems a small feature, if the expansion implemented just this it would show Makeb isn't just warmed-over old content, but was actually pushing the game forward.

Every other MMO has this feature, and no one can realistically say a 200k legacy feature with no keybinds and that requires a manual rebuild of spec points is even remotely comparable to WoW or other modern MMOs.

"We've learned to accept mediocrity and broken promises." Whatever dude. It was a legitimate question and it's not unreasonable to think they might have fixed this situation after a year.

Fixed the situation?

There is no bug, nothing is broken and nothing is in need of fixing.

This game simply does not have a dual spec feature and you want it to. That does not equal anything in need of fixing. I love how a game always needs "fixing" when it does not offer a feature that an individual wants.

Driz

how anybody in this thread thinks dual specs and free respecs/respec summon is the same is beyond me.

dual spec is to save you time. when you use it bang its done and you dont have to do diddly.

respec summon takes time to then go down your trees spending the points again then having to move abilities around.

this is why the op is probably wondering and is also what ive been asking for since day 1