Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor or Jedi Knight?

RocketeerRaccoon

Hello everyone, I'm having a great blast with this game and now I need to decide what I should go for as my main. I've narrowed it down to 3 and I'm still unsure of myself. Usually I prefer the range sort classes while I've had a bad history with melee since my old WoW days.

Sith Inquisitor I found seemed rather troublesome to play, don't get me wrong I love the lightning casting and the fact you have a lightsaber when you might need it but they have the worst armor and I've had problems fighting Khem Val.

Bounty Hunter on the other hand was a whole lot easier and is more in control of the fights like being more mobile and the better armor, Dart Explosive and Rockets are frigging hilarious when used together against groups of enemies, probably making it one of the more interesting classes in the game.

As for Jedi Knight, even if I've had a bad run using melee in WoW's PvP as I used to suck at it, I still feel that I should strive more to a new direction. But you could say I still have learn to play issues with this type of playstyle.

There's a few questions I want to ask, according to a friend of mine, he says Bounty Hunter is better at AoE and crowd control than Sith Inquisitor, is that true? Also how powerful is Sith Inquisitor to Bounty Hunter? So what do you all reckon guys? I'm never great with choices.

The Inquisitor quest for your first companion is a pain in the arse. It never used to be, back at launch, I think Bioware broke the levelling a bit - you should be about level 9-10, even with the heroics done and item xp boosts I still tend to hit it around 8 and spend 8 to 9 running through that damned cavern. At launch I got him at 11. Very odd.

The Warrior has a far, far easier time though it has to be said. Just breezes through.

Inquisitor gets a proper AoE in the 30's, (I think, been a while since I got it) with Force Storm, used properly it is a horrificly powerful tool, but in my opinion it doesn't match up to a Mercenary Bounter Hunter at all initially. That's just in bog standard levelling, can't speak to instances and what not. That said a Madness specd Sorcerer can really lay down the AoE, as they get an AoE attack that heals them as well as Force Storm as well as the ability to constantly get their force back, they essentially become unstoppable killing machines in my experience. If you stick at it, it does reward but perhaps not as quickly as the Bounty Hunter. Infinite false storm with infinite regen and the ability to stay alive, might not be right but damned if it ain't fun.

Both my Sage and Sorc follow the same build. Both are level 55.

Designed a hybrid build between Lightning/Madness with 2 points into the healer tree for some extra crit chance. Spec boils down to 3 AOE's. (Force Storm, Deathfield and Chain Lightning). Good single target DPS with insane regen. And if needed enough Force to spare to throw out a few heals. I'm blasting my way through groups of mobs easily.

This is the build my Sorc is using. It rocks :rak_03:

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

Hmm, I'm still struggling to pick one from the other. :s

Excluding Jedi Knight of which I'm not really a liker of pure melee combat, Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitors both are great at attacking from range but it's not easy to choose which style is better. Do I shock people with cool purple Lightning and have a lightsaber at hand which is what makes Star Wars famous or do I blast things with big awesome explosives, smack with a Street Fighter punch and burn with a cool flamethrower?

Edited by RocketeerRaccoon

Depends on adv class too. Bounty hunter is one of the best low levels but later on it'll even out and thing won't be so easy . A bounty hunter is stil good though they are also very simple compared to most other classes.

Inquisitor I wouldn't give up on because both adv have the option to be tough as nails. Assassin as a tank is very durable and you get stealth so through leveling you can just avoid most of the little mobs. And sorc if you go healing you might as well be immortal with how op healing is in pvp I can be getting attacked by 3 people and still keep myself healed up enough to where I can slowly use some dps moves to chug down at them and kill them all off.

And jedi knight is hard to say if you don't like melee you shouldn't do it but the jedi knight and its counterpart sith warrior are very very powerful both adv classes too the only problem is they don't start developing until they get around level 30 or so

Anyways who needs a main. I have 8 different classes with opposite adv classes. Example is I have an assassin and a sage. 2 of them are 55 and 4 50+ and the other two are 30+. And I can't say any of them are my "main". I've liked every class I've played. Sure some are higher level but that just because I leveled them first doesn't mean I like them more. But anywho the class you should pick is the one you like most so I'm guessing for you would be bounty hunter.

Also you should at least play through all the storylines even if you don't want to use the character for end game content because even my least favorite story (jedi consular) has a better story than anything I've seen in wow.

Edited by Heathenblood

Depends on adv class too. Bounty hunter is one of the best low levels but later on it'll even out and thing won't be so easy . A bounty hunter is stil good though they are also very simple compared to most other classes.

Inquisitor I wouldn't give up on because both adv have the option to be tough as nails. Assassin as a tank is very durable and you get stealth so through leveling you can just avoid most of the little mobs. And sorc if you go healing you might as well be immortal with how op healing is in pvp I can be getting attacked by 3 people and still keep myself healed up enough to where I can slowly use some dps moves to chug down at them and kill them all off.

And jedi knight is hard to say if you don't like melee you shouldn't do it but the jedi knight and its counterpart sith warrior are very very powerful both adv classes too the only problem is they don't start developing until they get around level 30 or so

Anyways who needs a main. I have 8 different classes with opposite adv classes. Example is I have an assassin and a sage. 2 of them are 55 and 4 50+ and the other two are 30+. And I can't say any of them are my "main". I've liked every class I've played. Sure some are higher level but that just because I leveled them first doesn't mean I like them more. But anywho the class you should pick is the one you like most so I'm guessing for you would be bounty hunter.

Also you should at least play through all the storylines even if you don't want to use the character for end game content because even my least favorite story (jedi consular) has a better story than anything I've seen in wow.

Yeah, I don't particularly like WoW anymore myself, the best thing about ToR is the character driven story.

Both my Sage and Sorc follow the same build. Both are level 55.

Designed a hybrid build between Lightning/Madness with 2 points into the healer tree for some extra crit chance. Spec boils down to 3 AOE's. (Force Storm, Deathfield and Chain Lightning). Good single target DPS with insane regen. And if needed enough Force to spare to throw out a few heals. I'm blasting my way through groups of mobs easily.

This is the build my Sorc is using. It rocks :rak_03:

Yay, nice to see Im not the only hybrid sorc still kicking! Only in my case, I had to sacrifice those crit points in the heal tree, and only went up to forked lightning in lightning, so I could get Deathmark in Madness.

Edited by JnEricsonx