Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Chiron_Prime

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

it really is ridiculous tho. for many of the stories (heavily in imperial imo) they so strongly hint at ur future. i mean they end so epically as soon as u get real power. how can u NOT go into that. unless ppl start refering to me individually this is quite upsetting

Look at it this way....

Star Wars Episode IV was Luke's class story.

Empire Strikes back was the "interlude"

Return of the Jedi was all the players together fighting the Empire.

That's how it is now in this game I think.

Plus, we don't know yet if your class will matter to the story, I'm sure it will especially since I know for a fact that Lacey Chabert has lines in the expansion (since she tweeted last year that she just left the SWtOR studios recording new lines for Mako) So, if MAKO has new lines, then you can be sure other companions do too, and if companions do, then players will too.

/signed

it really is ridiculous tho. for many of the stories (heavily in imperial imo) they so strongly hint at ur future.

Pretty much. Hell, my Smuggler ended her class story by essentially becoming the pirate queen of the galaxy. It was already jarring enough to go from "hit both empire and republic, let them both fear me" to the existing post class story content. Having that be the trend from now on is just frustrating beyond belief.

My two agents and my bounty hunter are exchanging some pretty confused glances and wondering why they're stuck working for these jerks again, too. Lol, choices.

Edited by Bleeters

Signed times million.

The way I see it, there are 3 draws to a MMO ( any MMO )

1. Brand name: Good for attracting people, next to useless for keeping people on it's own.

2. Regular content which almost every single MMO game has ( grinding, raiding, PvP, endgame etc. )

Here, SWTOR is sadly average or below average. Yes, I understand it is because it is still relatvely young game and has a lot of place and time for growth, but the problem is there, for whatever reason.

3. Something unique, which differs it from other MMOs.

And for SWTOR, that something are class stories/companion sidestories. And here, SWTOR is lightyears ahead of any other MMO and the main thing which attracted and kept many people here.

And now, they are killing it, apparently.

I had a taste of Non-class story content ( Ilium ) and it was so boring I barely finished it once and never tried it again despite having 4 L50 characters.

Without the only great thing that differs this game from any other, what is the point? If all I was interested in was what every other MMO offers, then I would go play some other MMO that does it better.

Please, don't kill Class stories. They are the lifeblood of SWTOR.

I had a taste of Non-class story content ( Ilium ) and it was so boring I barely finished it once and never tried it again despite having 4 L50 characters.

See, the thing that bothers me about Ilum isn't so much that it's boring. It's that it wraps up its story arc with two flashpoints, both of which are possible to solo, but not until you significantly outgear them. With stuff like the rakghoul outbreak, it's entirely based around them.

I am not a huge fan of quests'n'cutscenes story content delivered to me in a form that requires grouping with other people. How I go about engaging with said content is immediately implausible by extension of there being other people around. If the emphasis on more general story content as opposed to class specific ones leads us down that road as I'm suspicious that it will, I can't say I'll be hugely happy.

Edited by Bleeters

SIGNED!!! I'm new to the game and one of the... if not THE major draw to the game was the story for each class. It adds replay value and a reason to level other classes that I would normally not touch.

Taking the easy route out and making a single story that all classes have from 50-55 is not going to make people happy. SWTOR should improve things it is lacking in, but should keep its strengths strong.

Devs, PLEASE add a Chapter 4 to each class story!!!

The unique stories and the fact that it actually matters what character I choose to play is why I'm here.

Without that I'm afraid I'll finish my alts and go looking for something else to play. :(

I don't mind if it's basically the same story as long as my different classes get their own way of dealing with it and different perspectives and roles in what takes place. Makeb 14 times over with only two variations is bad enough, if that's all I'll have to look forward to beyond Makeb, I'm not staying.

In my opinion, this should be handled like the latest string of Marvel-based superhero movies. There were individual movies for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. to introduce the characters and their back stories. Then they got together for a big "group saving the world" conflict in the Avengers. Now they are going back to separate movies to progress each character individually a bit based on their latest experiences (dealing with their latest place in life). Eventually there will be another Avenger movie with the group to save the world again.

Alternating back and forth makes sense to me. Going only with the group from now on seems to leave a lot of personal issues unresolved for each of the characters (like what does it mean now to be a Darth for the Inquisitor, or to be the Wrath, or to own the underworld, etc.?).

The individual class stories are the thing that sets SWTOR apart from all the other tripe out there. If they castrate this feature the replayability goes way down. It is a real shame that Bioware choses to erode the thing that drew many players into the game in order to appease the bean-counters.

/signed

A lot of the republic stories especially are rather underwhelming and I was hoping in the future they'd have new chapters added that were maybe better. The generic planet quests that are for everyone are always horribad compared to the individual stories though, and generally a waste of time that I space bar through.

The individual class stories were the magic that separated this game from the box text no one reads in other other mmos.

In my opinion, this should be handled like the latest string of Marvel-based superhero movies. There were individual movies for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. to introduce the characters and their back stories. Then they got together for a big "group saving the world" conflict in the Avengers. Now they are going back to separate movies to progress each character individually a bit based on their latest experiences (dealing with their latest place in life). Eventually there will be another Avenger movie with the group to save the world again.

Alternating back and forth makes sense to me. Going only with the group from now on seems to leave a lot of personal issues unresolved for each of the characters (like what does it mean now to be a Darth for the Inquisitor, or to be the Wrath, or to own the underworld, etc.?).

This might be a good idea, however from the sound of the devs, it's "We're sticking with Avengers from now on"