Having problems in PVP as Combat Medic

Elrithis

This might just be me but im having serious problems with my commando in PVP. I love to pvp and i get a good deal of fun out of it but i have got to lvl 19 on my commando and i still havent found anything remotly fun about it.

I seem to spend my entire time getting smashed to peices very quickly by a wide variety of melee classes and other than one ablitiy seem to have no way of getting them out of range.

My heals dont seem to be powerfull enough eat any of the dmg of im taking and the dmg i dish out seems to be pathetic and in comparison to some of the other classes ive played through at this level im just a free kill and move on with nothing to offer to my team at al

Edited by Elrithis

This might just be me but im having serious problems with my commando in PVP. I love to pvp and i get a good deal of fun out of it but i have got to lvl 19 on my commando and i still havent found anything remotly fun about it.

I seem to spend my entire time getting smashed to peices very quickly by a wide variety of melee classes and other than one ablitiy seem to have no way of getting them out of range.

My heals dont seem to be powerfull enough eat any of the dmg of im taking and the dmg i dish out seems to be pathetic and in comparison to some of the other classes ive played through at this level im just a free kill and move on with nothing to offer to my team at al

At level 19, yeah, it would be kinda tough. Until you can put enough points into the medic tree to get interrupt immunity from reactive shield, and the healing buffs while it is active, a decent melee player can just keep you stunned or interrupted until you are dead, which I would bet happens quickly.

Fortunately you should only be a couple of levels from that and kolto bomb, both of which help a lot. Kolto bomb is your AoE, and a decent instant heal that you can use on the move. Our only other instant heal we can use on ourselves is bacta infusion, at the top of the medic tree. Well, that and a tech override buffed AMP or MP, but that has a pretty long CD.

For now, you probably need to find places to hide where you are unlikely to be discovered, and heal from there.

Edited by NoFishing

Welcome fellow commando, I'm lvl 50 and it's pretty horrible xD

Healer spec is the best for commando for PvP. With correct gear you should do fine, I'd say around lvl 35 you're starting to be able to heal the damage someone does to you. I remember when I was on healer spec and lvl 40 on warzone I had 1 mid lvl marauder and someother dps on me, I just stood there and healed myself, able to manage my ammo status, so I did that for about minute untill some other group member came to clean up the enemies :D

Survivability is bad for commandos now. With healer spec you can prolong your life a little, but usually it always ends to your death no matter what dps class jumps up on you (unless someone saves you). With dps commando you die twice as faster. And I'm doing every tactics on the book there is for commando for PvP. If you get together a decent group who cares for you as a healer, then you can have tons of fun. For solo wz's try to find a decent ranged dps player and hang around close to him, if someone jumps on you he probably targets your attacker.

But trust me, around lvl 35 to lvl 40 you will start to have your awesome games, then when you hit to lvl 50 it's going to go s*** again. In solo warzones everyone wants couple healers, but they don't EVER help you. I personally when I see we have healer on the team I check on what slot he is on the group and I check his status from time to time, if he is loosing health I turn around and go help him. Mark yourself with that star icon, maybe someone starts to care about you, who knows :D

I took a Merc to a couple of level higher than you, and had a commando at release that I retired, and kolto bomb with the shield really help. That said, you still have to stand there and hard cast because kolto bomb won't get it done. The talent in the second tier that you can fire after 30 charges, forget it's name, helps a lot but you're also standing around wondering why you can't cast and it's because you had to blow your ammo to survive. I also ran into a couple of decent groups and healing is like a "kill me, but, interrupt me first" sign. The tree does look better at the higher end because you get passives that help but I'll leave it to the guys at 50 to comment on that.

My concern is that I really want to play this class but I tend to solo Q, which means a lack of support, and I'm just not sure how it can work. Healing in MMO's, when you are in a pug, is a survivorman type of experience in that you are all alone so you've got to have the tools to make it work and I'm having a hard time finding them.

My concern is that I really want to play this class but I tend to solo Q, which means a lack of support, and I'm just not sure how it can work. Healing in MMO's, when you are in a pug, is a survivorman type of experience in that you are all alone so you've got to have the tools to make it work and I'm having a hard time finding them.

I'm in the same boat. I've found that by immediately answering inc calls, I can usually enter a fight with an advantage over a small number of enemies and I am able to survive and help my team that way. The problem with this is that as a healer I prefer to be in the big fights healing the most of my team possible, but if I get out of position or marked, I die very quickly because no one seems to defend me (unless I make it obvious that I'm a healer, using Hammer Shot to heal seems to affect both my team and the enemy; my team wants to protect me, their team tries to terminate me with extreme prejudice--and in that seem very effective).

Edited by Kickimanjaro

CM isn't good until lower/mid 30s. Roll either assault of gunnery until then...probably assault since gunnery gets worse and worse as the other classes get their interrupts.

Gunnery is so much fun, ok u can get interupted a lot but tbh the only ones that can chain interupt you are operatives and smugglers. Stick in a crowd and you will be fine. Use your tool set grx3 then hib then ar after that curtain should be up which takes you straight into fa, remember fa has a slow so use it after your knockback when you are fighting a melee class thow in a sticky nade maybe a hib and ar mix it up with your cyro nade and you get a fair bit of time to load up 3xgr. Btw use your aoe's as much as possible hob does a lot of damage and is very quick to excute.

Im no expert and yes at times it can be frustrating playing a dps commando but the rewards when you get it right are stunning. Most of all just remeber to have fun.

Gunnery is so much fun, ok u can get interupted a lot but tbh the only ones that can chain interupt you are operatives and smugglers. Stick in a crowd and you will be fine. Use your tool set grx3 then hib then ar after that curtain should be up which takes you straight into fa, remember fa has a slow so use it after your knockback when you are fighting a melee class thow in a sticky nade maybe a hib and ar mix it up with your cyro nade and you get a fair bit of time to load up 3xgr. Btw use your aoe's as much as possible hob does a lot of damage and is very quick to excute.

Im no expert and yes at times it can be frustrating playing a dps commando but the rewards when you get it right are stunning. Most of all just remeber to have fun.

While gunnery can compete in the 1-49 pvp you will be nothing but frustrated at 50...so why not learn to play the specs that are going to be more than just a free kill later on.

While gunnery can compete in the 1-49 pvp you will be nothing but frustrated at 50...so why not learn to play the specs that are going to be more than just a free kill later on.

Very true.

For all the commandos there who loves PvP: Stick to combat medic. All we can do now is heal, we gotta wait untill our dps specs gets fixed. It's stupid if you play as dps and soon as you hit lvl50 you become useless against any other class. Would be better if you master your working spec (combat medic) instead of learning a new spec when you hit lvl 50. PvP is full of shadows/assassins, sentinel/marauders etc. When I tried gunnery in wz's when I was lvl50 most of the time I didn't get out any damage, you get interupted/stunned and before you know your all ready dead. We can barley take any damage and every other player knows this too, so when they see commando icon popping up at their screens everyone goes: ''FREE KILL, MINE MINE !''

CM isn't good to maybe mid level if even. I waited until I was 50 and used a free respect honestly to go CM.

50 PvP is the same with melee classes going up your ***, but the healing factor, especially with BM+ (well BM gear will be gone soon) aids you a lot. I don't die often now because of the heals I roll. It usually takes around the entire team to kill me...well unless they use chain stuns to lock me completely. :rolleyes: