Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

More elaboration would have been required,if that was the case.And also the Exile needed to be expanded upon,after Kotor 2.

To go through all the trouble he went through,only to just go into the Unknown regions and die, would not have been Revan worthy. :rak_grin:

So because it would require more elaboration, would mean it wouldn't work?.....Really?

It actually would, because throughout all the things that he went through. It finally took a Sith Emperor to kill him, not some trooper, not some merc, not some explosion, not some Darth/Jedi, not some Bounty Hunter. But the Sith Emperor himself who was wading around in his own power, growing strong and waiting to attack the Republic.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but they didn't really have to include him, it would have been better if he had died fighting the Emperor that would have ended him on a high note. Which is better?

Being killed by the Emperor?

Or

Going insane in a factory?

...I would assume the former.

I agree, he should have died fighting the Emperor but somehow ensured that the whole manipulate the Emperor thing happened, so at least it wasn't a complete failure. I also thought it would have been better if he had 'killed' the Emperor. Which would have also postponed the invasion as his spirit recuperates and finds a new body.

But no, they had to slap him in a flashpoint to get more subs. :rolleyes:

So because it would require more elaboration, would mean it wouldn't work?.....Really?

It actually would, because throughout all the things that he went through. It finally took a Sith Emperor to kill him, not some trooper, not some merc, not some explosion, not some Darth/Jedi, not some Bounty Hunter. But the Sith Emperor himself who was wading around in his own power, growing strong and waiting to attack the Republic.

I didn't say it wouldn't work .But you mentioned nothing beyond a death, before.An elaboration would be screwing with the Empire and slowing them down in some other way.

And also we needed to know what happened to the Exile.Them ,just going,facing the emperor and dieing would have been unworthy of the magnitude of their importance in this Era.

Ofc the way is open for new people to shine,300 years later.But there should have been a way for the fans to meet and see these 2 characters in some capacity,that isn't just a history text.The way the developers did it,is one was one of the possibilities and it didn't work out badly.

Edited by Kaedusz

Not exactly, the novel depicts him as winning at first, then losing, then things get split up, then his apparently mortal injuries are healed and this time he's even more focused, then the Exile gets stabbed in the back literally and Revan gets distracted, GG.

Ah but according to Revan and his Cult on Dromund Kaas, that's merely the path to being 'Reborn', which is like a million times better than being a Sith or a Jedi, see we have two POVs and the other POV is that Revan's path is way better than following paths which have been researched and studied for thousands of years and sticking to one of them.

Oh and he wasn't taken down by a random strike team, he was defeated by the Empire's four biggest heroes, two of which we can only assume will go down in canon eventually as being even more epic than Revan was.

Revan is a Marty Stu, really he is, there are much bigger Marty Stus in Star Wars, but Revan is still one of them.

Would have been far better if Revan had just remained a mask and a symbol, you didn't need to get up close and see what is under the mask, because half the reason Revan was so charismatic was the mystery and the legends.

Yet the Revan novel itself depicts Revan as just another straight white dude with uber powers, almost humorously Drew seems to touch on this as Meetra sees him with the mask and concludes that Revan is the mask, not the person, yet failed to realise the problem with making Revan one linear and set down character as he wrote it.

Yeah Revan was never really winning, there was a fight which I think is far enough, but Revan was beaten. The Emperor was about to kill Revan and if Meetra hadn't intervened he would have died. I don't know what book you read but Revan's injuries never complete healed and he didn't get more focused, while he tried to heal his injuries he left himself vulnerable to the blow that was about to kill him. The novel outright states this.

He fought the Emperor, he lost badly. End of.

These are assumptions that are not forced on the audience, but left up to them to decide. The Revanites are a semi-deluded cult of fanatics whose words are not to be taken as fact. Revan never ever says anything about being a Sith making him better, he says "I was Sith, I am Jedi." There are multiple readings that can be taken from this.

Nonetheless the whole "Revan Reborn" status was something fashioned way back in KOTOR. There was always something empowering about Revan falling to the dark side and finding his way back to the light, and always a concept that he did not truly belong to either faction. The Revanites are just quoting what was said by Malak really.

Two of them were non-Force Sensitive, the other was just one of Baras's many apprentices and the last an upstart Sith Lord who hadn't even taken the title of Darth. Theoretically speaking Revan probably should have beaten them. However that's hardly important, what is important that days after getting out of mind prison he went crazy and died.

Revan is not a Marty Stu, a Mary Lu or a Lonna Poo. He's a character who has been poorly treated. And he's also a character whose mask would eventually have to be taken off if the events of Revan were to happen.

More elaboration would have been required,if that was the case.And also the Exile needed to be expanded upon,after Kotor 2.

To go through all the trouble he went through,only to just go into the Unknown regions and die, would not have been Revan worthy. :rak_grin:

He would have died in a last stand against a threat that he couldn't hope to defeat. There are plenty of epic deaths with the same theme.

He would have died in a last stand against a threat that he couldn't hope to defeat. There are plenty of epic deaths with the same theme.

As a matter of fact i would be content if the Exile met Revan,while he was planning his moves as an anonymous random in Dromund Kass,and they both died in the confrontation vs Vitiate.At the same time they would still force the Empire in some other way,before facing Vitiate , to delay the invasion for 300 years.

And they wouldn't be in SWTOR .They would have continued to be the faceless characters from kotor 1 and kotor 2 and the Sith Emperor's vibe would be even more associated with mysterious and insane power beyond all standards.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 2 weeks later...
There is nothing hands down about this duel.

This is indeed an interesting scenario. Vader was a superb duelist and an almost unmatched tank. His force powers were strong but limited. Revan was an amazing duelist with command of a vast array of powers from both the light and the Dark sides. In terms of saber skill i would say they are equal BUT Vader can take tons more punishment so I would give him a slight edge. Why slight? Because of tactical and strategic ingenuity. Vader was a very formidable tactician but ultimately his tactical mind is not on par with Revan's. Revan was considered a military genius, one of the best strategists in the ŚW universe, Vader, not so much. In terms of the force, Revan was both extremely powerful and varied. Vader though also very powerful was limited and hampered due to his damage. In the end though a very close fight, I would give it to Revan, barely, because of two things, he can do more with the force and tactical & strategic ingenuity.