Commando changes link here

Danapa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll obviously take all this with the required scepticism when reading apparently data mined information.

That said, electro net hell to the yes.

That does have some interesting possibilities in pvp, but I believe that I'm not gonna be alone in asking this: WHERE ARE SOME PVE CHANGES?? And I mean other than a nerf to DR, that's just dumb, like we need another nerf...

Just wondering but there was a note about Field Triage lowering Medical probe by 8. Does this mean they are finally undoing the 1.2 nerf? And I wonder if kolto bomb healing is getting lowered because of Kolto Pods.

EDIT: Nevermind I wasn't thinking, 8 heat is 1 ammo, thought for a second it was 2.

Edited by TrooperSol

How could Overclock NOT be good? It increases our DPS significantly....

EDIT: Forgot that it would cause ammo issues, and then lower FA cast time so much that it would be barely useful. Also, the link isn't working for me.

Edited by LtBombshell

How could Overclock NOT be good? It increases our DPS significantly....

EDIT: Forgot that it would cause ammo issues, and then lower FA cast time so much that it would be barely useful. Also, the link isn't working for me.

Actually, Full Auto becomes borderline overpowered at high alacrity levels. It still does the same amount of damage, but in a shorter cast. A friend tested a gunnery build with over 700 alacrity.

Edited by _gideon

Actually, Full Auto becomes borderline overpowered at high alacrity levels. It still does the same amount of damage, but in a shorter cast. A friend tested a gunnery build with over 700 alacrity.

2 problems with having 700 alacrity

1. You're losing out on tons of other stats.

2. Ammo. You're gonna be like a dps god for all of 10 seconds and run out of ammo after that and have to spam hammer shot.

The loss of other stats was not a problem, he just didn't go as far into DR with some of them. The new rotation took a lot of learning and had less margin for error as his 1.5 sec casts were now about 1 sec. Ammo turned out not to be a problem despite expectations.

He used it in the guild Friendly Fire back when EC HM was current. It was the highest damage commando setup on real fights and If he hadn't switched to sentinel he would have used it in their TFB HM and EC NM world firsts.

Edit: This is all off topic though. I posted to correct the assumption that faster full autos did less damage. They do the same amount of damage and with higher dps.

Edited by _gideon

That does have some interesting possibilities in pvp, but I believe that I'm not gonna be alone in asking this: WHERE ARE SOME PVE CHANGES?? And I mean other than a nerf to DR, that's just dumb, like we need another nerf...

The cast time reduction should be a significant increase if the rumors that they're also changing our ammo system are true. Otherwise I agree with you completely

Shoulder Cannon? Electronet? Force/Tech absorb on decoys? And a double dose of tech overrides? I think yes!

Not sure what you're talking about Arc, these changes looks awesome. Depending on whether the electronet can be cleansed or not, that alone could be a huge buff. Overclock looks very nice, so does the shoulder cannon. Since it doesn't respect the GCD you could fire it INBETWEEN your other abilities for a nice boost to damage. And don't get me started on how much I like the decoy addition, I wanna see the look on the face of that FOTM smasher who, expecting to see an 8k lolsmash instead gets a big fat ABSORBED :rak_03:

I'd be more excited about the whole shoulder missle thing if it didn't state a 10m range on it. I suppose it's possible they'd extend the range for commandos, but as it stands I can't really think of a consistent pve application. I'm not never at 10m range, but it's hardly often enough that I'm salivating at the prospect.

Eh. Maybe they'll finally get Vanguards a threat dump, and I'll just switch to my neglected alt.

Shoulder Cannon? Electronet? Force/Tech absorb on decoys? And a double dose of tech overrides? I think yes!

Not sure what you're talking about Arc, these changes looks awesome. Depending on whether the electronet can be cleansed or not, that alone could be a huge buff. Overclock looks very nice, so does the shoulder cannon. Since it doesn't respect the GCD you could fire it INBETWEEN your other abilities for a nice boost to damage. And don't get me started on how much I like the decoy addition, I wanna see the look on the face of that FOTM smasher who, expecting to see an 8k lolsmash instead gets a big fat ABSORBED :rak_03:

Pretty sure he was talking about stuff that's useful in PvE, which seems to be forgotten by BW again, not that I'm surprised...

seems like overclock doesn't decrease casting time

Commando - Gunnery:

Decoy: Diversion has a <<x>>% chance to intercept and absorb the next incoming direct Force or tech attack. Lasts <<y>> seconds.

Overclock: Reduces the cooldown of Concussive Round by <<x>> seconds and Tech Override by <<y>> seconds. In addition, Tech Override has a <<z>>% chance to yield a second charge, making your next two abilities with an activation time activate instantly.

Reflexive Shield: When you take damage, you have <<x>>% chance to reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by <<y>> seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. In addition, when taking damage, you have a <<y>>% chance to emit an Energy Redoubt, which absorbs a low amount of damage and lasts <<a>> seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/23065-game-update-1-7-datamined-information-updated-with?page=3

Just wondering but there was a note about Field Triage lowering Medical probe by 8. Does this mean they are finally undoing the 1.2 nerf? And I wonder if kolto bomb healing is getting lowered because of Kolto Pods.

EDIT: Nevermind I wasn't thinking, 8 heat is 1 ammo, thought for a second it was 2.

my guess is that it means it will become a 1 point skill but otherwise work the same, which is 100% ok with me.

Edited by oaceen

Pretty sure he was talking about stuff that's useful in PvE, which seems to be forgotten by BW again, not that I'm surprised...

Well that too but are yall reading the changes to other classes?

Shadows are getting the ability to shadowstrike you to the face in tank hybrid, or guarantee a nasty low cost opening, can make themselves immune to our electro net, and can even drop a phase walk on us and get ready for the knockback.

Gunslinger Sharpshooter changes look crazy good in any setting.

Also one force/tech attack absorbed? You use diversion I'll use literally any yellow damage I have to get rid of your boost then smash you anyway.

Those PVP survivability changes would be decent but not overly game changing now. But they aren't being made in a vacuum and have no doubt, they're buffing other classes a lot more.

Overclock also better not replace Reserve Round or I'm gonna be even more ticked.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but seriously read the other changes.

Yes, nobody is debating that Commandos are getting some pretty desperately needed PvP changes and survivability buffs. Most notably Electro Net, which, hopefully, will prevent some of those lolsmashers jumping in your face. But when other classes get survivability buffs AND lots of damage, both in PvE and PvP, the changes to Commando AC seem lackluster. Hell even Vanguards get far more damage buffs than we do.

Just increase the range of Shoulder Cannon to 30 meters. What's the point in adding a cool new Trooper ability that 50% of the Troopers can't use.

What's the point in adding a cool new Trooper ability that 50% of the Troopers can't use.

The devs said they were adding *1* new ability for each AC. As such, I highly doubt that the shoulder cannon is actually a Commando ability. I'm pretty sure that Commandos are getting the net, and VGs are getting the cannon, which should have been made pretty obvious by the whole 10m range (also, the fact that only VG talents even mention the shoulder cannon) since there *are* no 10m range ST abilities for Commandos.

Electro Net: Fires an electro net that ensnares the target, reducing its movement speed by 50% and dealing <<1>> energy damage over 9 seconds. The damage dealt by the electro net increases by 20% for every second that the target remains moving. This effect stacks up to 10 times on enemy players or up to 5 times on any other target. Additionally, the electro net hinders the target, preventing the use of high mobility actions and escapes such as charges, vanishes, and speed boosts. Lasts <<2>> seconds.

Mortar Salvo: Explosive Round can now be fired as a salvo, rapidly shooting up to 3 weaker rounds before depleting energy cells and going on cooldown for 6 seconds.

Shoulder Cannon: Deploys a shoulder cannon that gradually loads 4 missiles over time. Once loaded, the shoulder cannon can be triggered again to fire against an enemy target within 10 meters, launching 1 missile that deals <<1>> kinetic damage. A missile can be launched up to once per second. Loading and launching the shoulder cannon does not respect the global cooldown and can be done while controlled. Once all missiles have been loaded, depleting all missiles puts the shoulder cannon on cooldown for 1.5 minutes.

Edited by PanzerJagdhund