Quest: Number One with a Bullet

Valefor

Okay people heres what you do.

To get OUT if you are stuck queue a warzone and as soon as you are sent to the warzone area reset the quest from your log (it wont reset from inside the ship)

If you are finding that the mission is near impossible dont just keep trying and trying or you will end up just throwing away credits on repairs.

now go to fleet and pick up a buddy and get him to group with you.

get them to follow you back to your ship and then restart the quest on your holo terminal.

Now you have a propper helper it should be a walk in the park.

enjoy.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight is impossible to solo as powertech, the two mobs keep cross healing each other and hit like a truck. That combined with how broken makos cc ability is makes it a nightmare for us to solo.

Im specced for DPS yet i die before one of them is at 50% life even with gault Dpsing or Mako using cc and healing. If i switch to ion cylinder and shield i last longer but there is no way to break their healing or splitting them.

There is a nice and easy tactic for killing the two guards and continue the quest.

Concussion missile the right one then pull the left one out off the room and away from the doorway(best is if you leave the room head right then left) the left one should come after you nuke him down as fast as possible. then heal up and go for the other guard keep a steady flow of damage otherwise he will heal himself so burn him down as quickly as you can.

when both are dead enter the room and there ya go.

Oh I did this when specced full bodyguard and with Blizz at my side.

Edited by Commodus

I can't imagine how so many people are having problems with this. As a PT tank with Mako healing, I just nuked one of them, interrupting and stunning whenever I could. Popped a couple of survival cooldowns just to be sure (although, still had On The Hunt available). Killed them, no issues...

Obviously, with Merc, it's even easier - just CC one at the beginning.

I can't imagine how so many people are having problems with this. As a PT tank with Mako healing, I just nuked one of them, interrupting and stunning whenever I could. Popped a couple of survival cooldowns just to be sure (although, still had On The Hunt available). Killed them, no issues...

Obviously, with Merc, it's even easier - just CC one at the beginning.

It can be easy but at times the two guards just keep healing eachother even when one is cc'ed or your companion doesn't follow you into the room and gets bugged/stuck for the remainder of the fight.

Things that shouldn't happen happen and that is the most frustrating about the fight

Hmm I didn't even know they healed. I completed the questline last night and found it to be pathetically easy. Did they change it recently then?

I am healing specced (although I do triage healing and dps as much as I can on single player stuff) and used Torian. CC one, nuke the other, was done in a minute.

Maybe Torian interrupts? I don't know, but maybe it's worth looking into.

It's a very straightforward fight if you actually watch what they are doing. They are casting the healing ability after the knockback, it has a longer cast time and it is the only thing you should interrupt.

Tactic: use Maco with only their healing skills enabled. Select left or right wall and move to grapple range. Grapple one and use Neural Dart to aggro the other. He will stay in his position so he won't heal the one you're hiting. Dps one at a time, DONT spread your damage between the two. Have your interrupt ready and the moment you get knocked back get up, run towards your target and interrupt his healing ability. Rinse and repeat till he is dead and then move to the other one. Just make sure you have aggro on both.

That's it, not a hard fight at all. And ofc it's not bugged, it just requires to, God forbid, pay attention. As a lvl 50 powertech tank i died once and then wiped the floor with them.

Edited by Galentor

i actually heard about how tough this quest was, so i teamed up with a buddy and helped him do his final class quest in return for him helping me power through mine.

I was able to mash through it pretty easily, thanks to having an extra sith warrior with his heal companion in my back pocket.

For anyone who hasn't done it yet, I give you this advice- get a friend, and blow through it. The part where you decide what to do with the supreme chancellor is pretty cool, but most of the quest is the pretty typical 'run around the zone and click shiny blue things to make them explode.'

there's a lot of foreplay before the romantic conclusion, so to speak.

keep in mind that non-bounty hunters can't get to where the quest takes place. You need to have your friend on your ship with you.

To do this, invite your buddy to party and then go into your bounty hunter hangar. He can enter your hangar instance and follow you onto your ship.

Once he's on your ship, you can fly to Corellia Orbital, and get off your ship and he'll be there with you, because he rode on your Mantis.

"Damn, your ship is ugly"

"yea, well your ship is a maze. The Fury sucks. Watch this."

"What?"

"See those stairs? I walk up them and its a straight line to my cockpit. best ship design ever. I don't have to walk half way around this tin can maze just to sit in the driver seat."

"Jealous."

Then, you get to do Number One with a Bullet without spending a half hour crying yourself to sleep over the damn super guard jerks.

Tactic: use Maco with only their healing skills enabled. Select left or right wall and move to grapple range. Grapple one and use Neural Dart to aggro the other. He will stay in his position so he won't heal the one you're hiting. Dps one at a time, DONT spread your damage between the two. Have your interrupt ready and the moment you get knocked back get up, run towards your target and interrupt his healing ability. Rinse and repeat till he is dead and then move to the other one. Just make sure you have aggro on both.

The issue I'm having is that they are aggroing before I even get into the room. The minute I can see them from out in the hallway, they start running towards me. I electro darted one...backed up pulling the 2nd away and the instant the neuro dart wore off it ran up to join the other. Nothing I do separates the two. They literally are standing inside each others model every damn time.

Edited by Vandraad

The issue I'm having is that they are aggroing before I even get into the room. The minute I can see them from out in the hallway, they start running towards me. I electro darted one...backed up pulling the 2nd away and the instant the neuro dart wore off it ran up to join the other. Nothing I do separates the two. They literally are standing inside each others model every damn time.

A friend had the same issue with the 2 guards aggroing the moment he entered the room. He solved it by loging out and back in the game.

Maybe it will work for you as well.

i personally had an issue with this quest, i am a PT and full shieldtech specced (standard tank spec) i was initially using mako as i have done throughout the game. i found that the heals from both of the enemies was so often that there was no way i could keep interupting both of them often enough to actually burn through their health. i dont do a huge amount of dps and the most damaging ability is melee and the knockback is brutal.

after about 6 or so attempts i found this post. i summoned torian and had another go. unfortunately the only companion that i had been gearing was mako as shes the only one i used. i got 1 mob to low health before we died. (on the trail was still on cooldown from before)

i then joined a warzone and then exited back to imperial fleet. i then geared torian with my armourmech in the lvl 49 war gear (green gear all round). i couldnt upgrade his weapon as the only tech staff on the GTN was a mastercrafted one and wasnt cheap.

i went back to the mission and breezed it. i died after killing the first guard as i hadnt cleared the rest of the ship and they all joined in for a bash the BH session :)

what i found is that the guards didnt heal anywhere near as often as they did when i had mako out. it may have been me but i only had to interupt 2 heals on the first mob and not at all on the second. i may be wrong but that was the impression i got while doing it or the dps was so much more, or that they were part mimicking what mako was doing

hope this helps anyone else that gets stuck here.

note - when i came back some of the mobs had respawned but they all died so quickly that i have now pretty much dropped mako as my companion

Edited by CrazyHippo

I died a couple times doing this quest, trying a different strategy each death. What ended up

working for me was to cc one with carbonite I ran to left side and used a pillar to hide myself

from the one i just cc'ed for when the cc breaks he would have to move and the other guard

would be out of heal range. I hooked the other one and burned him down as quick as i could.

Mako was companion and took a good portion of damage from the cc target when broke, but i

was able to taunt and finish off other one easy because i could quell all of his heals.

Bounty Hunter is Advance Prototype Powertech

Edited by CplQ

A few purple mods later i was able to finish this quest with Mako as companion. I'm PT specced as Pyro.

Used power generator and gas cyl

Disabled mako electro-stasis ability

Made sure Mako was not next to me to avoid her taking AOE damage.

Nuked one of the guys and interrupted every heal HE did (didn't even bother interrupting the other guy).

Killed him before they killed me (was close)

Once one went down Mako can pretty much negate all the DPS the other mob does with her healing.

Edited by grinkor

Thanks for the warning. I will avoid this quest now...

avoid the last quest in the BH storyline? wow

my PT friend called in a favor, i entered his quest and just concussioned one of them, didnt even dps and he was fine

the answer is, have a merc friend :)

So I was all scared to do this quest from reading this thread.

Just did it first try as a full Power-tech tank spec with mako.

Didn't do anything special. Death from above to start the fight, started beating on one had to pop some survival abilities, and a heal pack for safety. That said it was super annoying our interrupt cooldown is pretty long compaired to how fast those dudes were healing themselves.

Have they nerfed it since original post?

For those that may not know you should have a Fleet Pass ability in your General tab which will allow you to zone out of the mission.

Honestly my Tank PT spec and Mako should be able to take this but their spaming self healing is way more than this combination.

Its a very poor design when the only way to beat an encounter which must be solo'ed is to run it in a specific way regardless of your previous choices for 50 levels.

This encounter clearly wasn't test or balanced enough before it was released.

I was able to do it as tank with Mako. But it took a long time and very precise use of every interrupt and stun available.

I did it a while ago tho, and it may have been nerfed.

Edited by Sprode

I went through the same hell and then all of a sudden I was able to get the quells and electros timed right. The key for me was using charge (whatever the jet pack jump is called) to get back in time to quell after the brush backs. Don't even bother with the flamethrower because you'll just get brushed back every time and waste the heat. Keep popping explosive dart, rail shot, and unload whenever you can. When he pushes you back, hit the jet pack jump then uppercut and quell. Once the first guys down its a breeze. For me it was impossible to address the second guard's heal so I just ignored him completely. He will still heal the guy youre attacking but he can't keep up as long as you keep quelling and nuking. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Well this one was a PITA for me. It wasn't quite the same as said here possibly due to updates since then.

Of the two Supreme Guards, "Larrot" would not take any damage no matter what so you concentrate on the other first. No problem.

What had me stuck was once I killed him off he would respawn in ~5 seconds and join the fight again.

With cool downs I just couldn't kill off Larrot fast enough and trying to separate the two wasn't working out with the one respawning. Once the first guard got close again, Larrot was invincible (again) and I'm in a vicious cycle.

So if your stuck in this situation you might try this.

Medical Center revive. On your way back you pass through the ship's large med center with Staffers cowering around and head into (what looks like on the map) a backwards shaped L hallway.

You may have already noticed a hot spot in this hallway that triggers one of the passive Staffers to come out of that med center to attack you (bug). The trigger point is around the hallway's inside corner (when you make a right heading to the Chancellor's Office or Escape Pods).

Just go ahead and kill all the Staffers in that large med center you had to pass through. Don't forget the one on the bed. Cruel world.

Head to the entry of the Escape Pod room and target one of Supreme Guards. Don't attack yet.

Now when your ready, go back to that trigger point in the hallway and it will aggro the Supreme Guard (instead of a Staffer because they are all dead now) and slowly bring the Guards from the Escape Pod room out and down the hallway to you. No luring them out necessary.

Note: Just killing the Staffers off didn't automatically trigger the guards instead, I had to target one of the guards first.

Now I could use the Stun/Concussion on Larrot, concentrate on killing the other, then back to Larrot. The first Guard still respawned but it was back in the Escape Pod room and he didn't come out and attack until I had finished off Larrot. It bought me the time needed.

So the tactic of taking care of one at a time worked, just had to distance myself far enough away from the escape pod room and that respawning guard to take care of them all.

Bonus bug:

Unless there was one in a wall somewhere, exterminating everything on that ship I couldn't get the "50 kill" bonus. Appears the large droids don't count as Republic Forces but "some" of the smaller ones do. Best I could get was 49 and I re-swept that ship a couple of times.

If you foobar on the one droid that is invisible until it's neighbor is attacked, it'll go invisible again and you won't have a way to trigger it. If you miss it you won't get to that 50 kill bonus (as of today anyway).

-----

AND IF YOU REALLY just want to give up and move on you can try this.

Go back to where you started in the hanger deck (eg take the elevator back down and go through the door behind the single ship). Go tag the wall at the end and this took me back to the D5-MANTIS (your ship). Now exit your ship and it triggered the cinematic and brought me to the Darth Tormen's ship.

I wasn't able to try it twice. I started the conversation with Tormen but escaped out because I wanted to go defeat those SOB's "properly". I was able to go back to my ship and reset the mission at that point.

I did this with Torian as a powertech (full pyro spec). I had absolutely no problems with this fight. In fact the entire final mission on board the Founder I found somewhat too easy.

Bonus bug:

Unless there was one in a wall somewhere, exterminating everything on that ship I couldn't get the "50 kill" bonus. Appears the large droids don't count as Republic Forces but "some" of the smaller ones do. Best I could get was 49 and I re-swept that ship a couple of times.

I ran into this bug as well, very annoying.

Edited by LordExozone